2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Pivot-3-Drive throttle controller

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 04:32 AM
Review: Pivot-3-Drive throttle controller

After debating between the Pivot 3-drive and the Blitz throttle controller, I got the Pivot system.

Install:
It is completely plug & play. There has been some word floating around that splicing into the ECU and such is necessary, but that is NOT true. It will take you no longer than 10 minutes to plug in, set-up and go for a drive.

There are 12 modes, Eco-mode 1-5 and Sports-mode 1-7. The difference between the Eco mode, normal setting and Sports mode is huge; you will feel the difference right away and the sports mode will give you the illusion that your car's performance has greatly improved.

Many think that it is stupid because you can just press on the throttle harder, while that may be true, it makes driving this powerless car much more enjoyable. I think that N/A potentials for this car is fairly limited, but this cheap mod will definitely give satisfaction to many drivers.

We all know that we are not driving a fast car, and even with turbo, supercharger installed, it is still a pretty slow car. In my opinion, enjoyability of driving the car is much more important than trying to make the car into a rocket. Having said that, I'm eying on a good intake system and J's racing throttle body.

For a little over $200, I personally think that it's something anyone who is planning on putting money into the Fit should buy.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:10 AM
jeez 12 modes.. lol sounds like overkill. nice review!

can you feel a difference between the different stages like for example sports mode 1 to sports mode 3??

Old 03-24-2009, 08:33 AM
5 Year Member
do you have a link to where you got it from? Nice review.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Interesting review. I think its a better buy over the Blitz one. It looks aesthetically better and has finer adjustment points. And its cheaper to! :P

Now my question is you said it was "plug and play" no splicing needed. Did you have to purchase the "special model specific harness" separately for it to be "plug and play"?

For those of you who don't know what he's takning about here are links to the products.

Blitz
Throttle Controller : Blitz, Power Site
Pivot
http://www.pivotracing.com/files/199..._catalog-e.pdf

Thanks!

Old 03-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Great! Something else to add to my buy list, but not a priority... :3

Last edited by OEMfit; 03-24-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by EK3 Ferio
Did you have to purchase the "special model specific harness" separately for it to be "plug and play"?
Yes it lists the specific harness in the PDF you linked

Old 03-24-2009, 01:45 PM
This seems a chip or re-program to the built in Honda chip. How does it affect the warranty?

Old 03-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by boojum
This seems a chip or re-program to the built in Honda chip. How does it affect the warranty?
To answer to everyone's questions:

- Yes, the separate harness is necessary (it is harness 7A). This harness plugs right into the Fit's throttle plug found by the gas pedal.

- No splicing is required, the module also plugs right into the OBD2 plug which you would normally use for diagnostics and such.

- Warranty will not be affected in anyway or form, but in case that you are taking your car into the dealership, you could disconnect the throttle controller (extremely easily - will not take more than 5 minutes).

- I haven't tried driving on each one of the models, however I CAN feel the difference between SP5 and SP7. I for one am leaving it on SP5.

- I bought it in Japan and got it shipped over - however you can buy it on PIVOT RACING ONLINE STORE - all the latest Pivot Automotive Products from PIVOT Corp. Ltd., Japan

- The size of the controller is about the size of 2 match boxes stacked on top of one another.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the info!

Old 03-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Anyone else running this and is happy with the performance? Not sure to wait for Blitz instead.

thanks

Old 03-28-2009, 08:25 AM
5 Year Member
Blitz for the GE is already out.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:25 PM
5 Year Member
ok guys.... what does it do? no one really explained this. anyone can say your car feels faster, but where is the proof? anyone fo to the track, do a dyno? y get it if there is no proof?

Old 03-28-2009, 02:48 PM
This is a great review...

Old 03-29-2009, 01:31 PM
I was wondering, does this device increase throttle response? I noticed that the throttle takes a while to wind up once you mash it.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:08 PM
Click on the .pdf link I posted for Pivot and you guys will understand how it works.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:50 PM
WOW! i want one of these!

Old 03-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Retired Moderator
Interesting ..... have any pic's with it installed..??

Old 03-30-2009, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by 90crxfreak
ok guys.... what does it do? no one really explained this. anyone can say your car feels faster, but where is the proof? anyone fo to the track, do a dyno? y get it if there is no proof?
This device does not increase car's hp/tq whatsoever. You will not see any dyno results.

This link Add to Cart will answer your questions.

I was wondering, does this device increase throttle response? I noticed that the throttle takes a while to wind up once you mash it.
It doesn't actually increase throttle response, like when you lighten a flywheel. It manipulates the drive-by-wire system so that when you press the throttle only a little bit, it is actually giving the effect of pressing on it much harder - thus giving the driver the impression that the throttle response and HP has greatly improved.

I found the throttle response on the Fit to be pretty frustrating, and I'm much happier driving now that I have the Pivot 3-drive.

Interesting ..... have any pic's with it installed..??
Sorry, haven't taken any pictures, but if you guys really want, I can go snap a few when I get some time.

Old 03-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by 90crxfreak

Simply put, think of it as different gearing for the gas pedal that controls how much you have to press (how sensitive it is, +/-).

Old 03-31-2009, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
yea i read through it.... i'm not retarted, just lost the post, but why spend $200 on something that doesn't affect anything, performance wise?

Quick Reply: Review: Pivot-3-Drive throttle controller