2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has tinted their windshield???

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by Cat
I have a slight tint on the front windshield but it has never caused me a problem.

Cat :x
what percent of tint did you get for your windshield?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Wow living in cali must suck So many damn rules.

My entire car is tinted 15% except the windshield which is 70%. Cops have better things to do here than pull people over for tint. I've had all my cars windows tinted really dark and had the windshield with a light tint and have never been ticketed. Its a necessity down here. I just did the windshield to block out the UV's and keep my car cooler in the summer. Looks a tad bit darker but you still can't tell its there. Looks stock.
Can you post pics???

Old 04-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by jjanaya21
Okay... so no one has done this?

I'm not looking to get the F'r tinted dark... just a light light light tint to keep the car cool...

Cali is G@Y for that POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

15% on all but the front
35% on the front

Last edited by Blackout; 04-21-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SarahVTEC
Yeah, it's difficult to be a car enthusiast in Ca. You can't do much without getting hassled and/or fined about something. All for the love of money...
That's cause the Cali budget is so in the negative, they'll make up crazy laws to make back some money.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:22 AM
[quote=qbmurderer13;636197]Wow living in cali must suck So many damn rules.

[quote]

It's getting worse each day with overcrowding etc... but the Mexican food is top notch! Better than Orlando for sure!

Old 04-22-2009, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
Llumar make a "clear" UV Shield that rated at 78% (almost clear) blocking 99% of UV

I've looked into but it IS NOT 100% clear so i'm sure technically the cops could still give you a ticket

Old 04-22-2009, 01:04 PM
and cali is talking about banning black cars too because it gets warmer and people run their AC more in black cars... (wow long run on sentence)
freakin cali.

Old 04-22-2009, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackout
Cali is G@Y for that POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!
15% on all but the front
35% on the front
dont bag on cali... for we have the governator

Old 04-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Fitguy07
That's cause the Cali budget is so in the negative, they'll make up crazy laws to make back some money.
You don't think it's because they regard being able to see where you are going to be somewhat important? (I'm talking night time here. One of Ralph Nader's big beefs in <i>Unsafe at Any Speed</i> was the use of factory tint in windshields making it hard to see at night time.

All those thinking "it's OK, the cops won't hassle you"; if you break your car your insurance company will let you keep both pieces if you have illegal tint.

Plus your Fit has UV resistant glass already, and air conditioning. If you park outdoors in summer put a shade across the windscreen.

Old 04-23-2009, 01:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rosswond
You don't think it's because they regard being able to see where you are going to be somewhat important? (I'm talking night time here. One of Ralph Nader's big beefs in <i>Unsafe at Any Speed</i> was the use of factory tint in windshields making it hard to see at night time.

All those thinking "it's OK, the cops won't hassle you"; if you break your car your insurance company will let you keep both pieces if you have illegal tint.

Plus your Fit has UV resistant glass already, and air conditioning. If you park outdoors in summer put a shade across the windscreen.
Agree, or leave your windows slightly open so it lets air into teh car when parked... find a shade to park ur car helps to.

If ur car is too hot to drive after parking for too long, just opemn up all the windows, have teh AC Blasting, then in 3-5 mins, ur car will be cool enough~

Save the money on tint for otehr aftermarket stuff imo - tint dun add HP anyway =P

Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 AM
i hope u were being sarcastic. lol
otherwise that's pretty absurd.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by mole177
dont bag on cali... for we have the governator

ok the one good thing about cali, governator, but with there outrageous car laws cali is damn near a dictatorship but thats my opinion witch by cali laws might just in fact cause cancer

Old 04-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Just don't do it if you live in California. It's one less ticket you can get and one less reason for a police officer to pull you over. It's also for their safety. Imagine if you were or police officer and walking up to a car not being able to see into it as you walk up. WHen you get to the window and it's rolled down there is a gun in your face.

That wouldn't be fun would it?

I'm not saying these laws are good but they are there for a reason. I'm not saying that these laws will get you noticed by the police or pulled over but if you do get pulled over, and you would have gotten off, it gives them a valid reason to ticket you.

This is why I'm not doing any engine mods and don't have HID's. I'd rather put that money that goes to paying stupid fix-it tickets towards something useful. Like a downpayment on a house.

Old 04-23-2009, 02:25 PM
damn that's a lot of tickets for a downpayment on a house

Old 04-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
damn that's a lot of tickets for a downpayment on a house
Houses are getting cheap. My friend just bought a two bed/2 bath condo for $158k and with FHA he only had to put $6k down.

If you're serious about a house every penny counts. Those $25 dollar fix-it tickets, plus the cost of the mod, plus the cost to put the car back to stock means you're one step farther from that down payment.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Sorry, this isn't CRSX... I must behave. lol

Old 04-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Administrator
5 Year Member
and cali is talking about banning black cars too because it gets warmer and people run their AC more in black cars... (wow long run on sentence)
freakin cali.
what does running the a/c have to do with anything? where did you get this "information"?

Old 04-23-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by gimme
what does running the a/c have to do with anything? where did you get this "information"?
I think that was a bad attempt at a joke.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by gimme
running a/c uses more gas. making the vehicle less fuel efficient.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/03/25/california-to-reduce-carbon-emissions-by-banning-black-cars/
Originally Posted by mikejet
I think that was a bad attempt at a joke.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=california+black+cars

Old 04-23-2009, 03:46 PM
Me = pwnt.

Well, at least there will be less cars that look dirty. I always did want a Matte Black car though...

Quick Reply: Who has tinted their windshield???