2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about selling the fit :(

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Thinking about selling the fit :(

Guys....Money is getting real tight and i gotta kid on the way? i dont know what to do? biusness Isn't doing as good as it could and things are looking bad. i just need to think about real things right now instead of what part i need to get next. if i can get rid of the fit payment and insurence for it thats over $400 a month i could save. I just dont know what to do? I guess i could pick up a second job, but i'm not sure whats going to happen with my dads bisuness? I'm losing it guys....

Right now we have $14 extra left after bills are paid?
I work full time at my dads shop, and do details on the side for extra money, and my wife works full time and a part time second job....

I know that their are people out there with worse problems, but i'm not fimilar with struggling. and its scary

thanks for letting me vent to you guys

Old 05-06-2009, 06:18 PM
hey its no big deal, it's crunch time for a lot of people. if you do need to sell the car and buy something a little more affordable for now thats understandalbe, no one is saying you can never buy another!

Old 05-06-2009, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Is the Fit your only car?

Old 05-06-2009, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
if money is really THAT TIGHT (having only $14 left over after bills are paid) then you definitely need to consider selling the fit. but if you do decide to sell the fit convert it back to stock and sell your aftermarket parts separately. You'll fetch more money that way. Best of luck with everything

Old 05-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
I know itll hurt but you should sell your aftermarket stuff before anything. See where your at after that and then decide if you really need to sell it. The Fit is an awesome baby car

Old 05-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Your not alone at all. I work a full time Monday through Fright 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM job in a cardiology office. Then on Saturdays I work half of the day on my part-time job with a local hospital. The part-time job pays enough to take care of my car payment and a little left over for the pockets. It really has come in handy and has not been too bad working on Saturday mornings instead of sleeping in. Hope you can work it out or come to a good solution. Just do what is going to be best for you and that is all you can do.

Cat :x

Old 05-06-2009, 07:19 PM
i feel ya bro.....money's tite for everyone right now. i use to drive a vert m3. had to sell it cause i couldnt afford the gas and insurance. the fits perfect if you are having a kid. just sell the parts....

Old 05-06-2009, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I know itll hurt but you should sell your aftermarket stuff before anything. See where your at after that and then decide if you really need to sell it. The Fit is an awesome baby car
yeah yeah yeah thats what i was thinking, just sell all your mods to survive, then when you get thru all this, then just get new stuff man!!! cooler stuff!!! i'm sure you learned a little and have said under your breath "damn i shoulda got that instead" now you can do it

Old 05-06-2009, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
man i was gonna joke around but this is serious... =/ i say do what everyone else is telling you to do jsut sell all the mods and see what will happen next you dont want to get rid of the Fit especially when its a great family car you know that... unless you part out the fit and then sell the car... then later go get a used GD =DDD

Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Thanks everyone, its nice having my bros. have my back. i might just have to pick up an actual part time job. If i worked 3 days a week that would cover the Fit and insurance....but i think whats bothering me the most is my dads business. all of this non stop rain. its a Big-Rig detail shop, and nobody wants to clean up a truck when it rains. so ontop of the economy being slow the rain just kills it! i'm just stressing and i needed to vent. everything will be ok, my GOD will supply all of my need.

and my car is the Fit and hers is an 03 V6 accord ex....So i guess if anything is going it needs to be the Accord. lol

Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
selling the aftermarket parts will only get him so far but i would do that first to get you by in the mean time and if money is that tight i would deff try to pick up a small job. sucks to see another fit member down in the dumps i hope the best to you

Old 05-06-2009, 09:54 PM
+5,000 rep for eveyone

Old 05-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Tell you what, if you ditched your springs, I still have my stock ones I was going to trash, they are yours if you need them.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
I'd definitely go with selling the Accord and getting another job. It's the most practical in your situation.

Keep praying brother. God will take care of everything. I've been unemployed for 5 months and now I just started a job and I have an interview for another tomorrow. We'll see where everything goes.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:30 PM
5 Year Member
LMAO!! yes sell the accord since its a V6 which it eats alot of gas and plus it will not do anythings close to what the Fit can do =P as in family wise not speed =P dang it now youre gonna get me all emotional here =P and no im not emo LOL im just a caring person =P theres always a way... you know God has something bigger for you up ahead =) if at the end you end up selling your Fit you know well still be here if you ever need anything =) hope all goes well =)

Old 05-06-2009, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
I picked up a part time job on saturday delivering car parts for years to cover things like gas money etc. If you do have to get another job make sure you get one that gives you great discounts . But seriously, it makes crappy second jobs palatable.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:51 AM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
i hear ya bro. it's very hard now a days.
i remember the poor days. anyone ever had sugar bread?
those where the poor days.
i just recently got a part time job myself. 16 hours a weeks.
helps alot. more than you could ever think of.
anyway good luck bro.
you'll pull through this

Old 05-07-2009, 01:18 AM
5 Year Member
damm ash...but let me help you out, you wanna let go of your tail lights and your front strut bar?? ill even go down to TN to pick them up ill pay for a lunch at Corky's if your near one? baby mama invited also!!

i love me some ribs!!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:00 AM
Sell your mods 1st. As long as cars and their overhead are concerned you made the right choice buying that Fit.

Goodluck with that yo!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
The economy is hitting everyone~ I am a contractor and i just finish my contract... Honestly speaking, I have a 6 month reserve in my a/c but I am already desperately looking for new jobs.

Having savings is one thing, but I dun like the idea of not having any income.

So really, now is not the time to accumulate OD cos from the look of things, our econ is not gonna get any better until end of this year, if not next year.

Good luck and dun feel bad about selling ur fit - i am thinking to sell my fit as well =\

Quick Reply: Thinking about selling the fit :(