2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just 1 white Fit pic

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member
Hey Stormtrooper, nice wheel/tire set-up. What wheels/tires are those, please? Hope you don't mind sharing the info. TIA.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Benggolf
Hey Stormtrooper, nice wheel/tire set-up. What wheels/tires are those, please? Hope you don't mind sharing the info. TIA.
Not at all...the wheels are Motoforge, they are 15 pounds, at 17x7.5, ET45, the tires are Bridgestones something or another, really grippy, I like em around corners...its a 215/17/40

With the Motoforge they are a small company that made racing wheels for a bit but the market I guess pushed them into more bling ish type applications(dubs and what not) you can still find them on Ebay, I search pretty hard, I wanted something hella light and Unique...only problem with that is if you crack one youre done(but Forged wheels are damn tough)...thankfully I have a spare set hahaha...may consider selling the second set if you really want them( dont thinkIm gonna crack these ones)...they are polished tho...but nothing a good spray can cant deal with or Powder coating...

Old 05-13-2009, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
As for those who have the USDM Sports model and want the JDM front bumper, honestly can't figure why.
Personally, I love the looks of pf the USDM Sports bumper!
Agree with you 100%, I think the US front is on point...I think the JDM wishes are more for the Uniqueness of having a full JDM conversion...I do how ever envy those with the glass roof!!!! so wanted that...

Old 05-13-2009, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper
Not at all...the wheels are Motoforge, they are 15 pounds, at 17x7.5, ET45, the tires are Bridgestones something or another, really grippy, I like em around corners...its a 215/17/40

With the Motoforge they are a small company that made racing wheels for a bit but the market I guess pushed them into more bling ish type applications(dubs and what not) you can still find them on Ebay, I search pretty hard, I wanted something hella light and Unique...only problem with that is if you crack one youre done(but Forged wheels are damn tough)...thankfully I have a spare set hahaha...may consider selling the second set if you really want them( dont thinkIm gonna crack these ones)...they are polished tho...but nothing a good spray can cant deal with or Powder coating...
Looks like you don't get any rubbing issues at all. I suppose you are lowered with Tanabe DF210s. Do you think your set-up will accomodate 205/45 x 17 tires without any issues?

Let me know how much you want for your spare set (with exact
specs as the black ones, but polished right?). Please PM me, Thanks,

Last edited by Benggolf; 05-13-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Looks like you don't get any rubbing issues at all. I suppose you are lowered with Tanabe DF210s. Do you think your set-up will accomodate 205/45 x 17 tires without any issues?

Let me know how much you want for your spare set (with exact
specs as the black ones, but polished right?). Please PM me, Thanks,
My honest opinion would be you may rub on like a quick jolt kind of a bump but 80-90 percent of your driving will be pretty clean with 205/45, but like I said just my opinion, I can only confirm my set up is clear of rubbing issues. Im Lowered on Tanabe GF-210(2007 application), the springs are holding up nicely, as the GE is not that much heavier..there was talk that this spring would not fit, but as you can see about 15K miles logged and no shocks blown...knock on wood...I posted a while back, read the discussion kind interesting

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ods-fit-2.html

I'll PM you about the wheels, yea they are/should be the exact specs, but I can double check tonight.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:01 PM
5 Year Member
btw I wanna put some spacers on the rear end to push out the wheels a bit, anyone recommend a good shop, I have a friend that owns an Audi shop, but he's never done spacers before, and doesnt have the press for the longer studs.(I think thats what you need)
Recommend using H&R wheel spacers. I bought my 10mm wheel spacer from Garm at Micro Image Toyota Yaris Vios Vitz auto parts

The 10mm wheel spacers come with longer studs; 5mm spacers do not (and are a lot cheaper). Hope this helps.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
Recommend using H&R wheel spacers. I bought my 10mm wheel spacer from Garm at Micro Image Toyota Yaris Vios Vitz auto parts

The 10mm wheel spacers come with longer studs; 5mm spacers do not (and are a lot cheaper). Hope this helps.
do you think I can manage the spacer without longer studs...my concern is one how do you install studs and two will I have enough thread to mount after a spacer is on...

BTW Hanzo sorry for the thread Jack!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
do you think I can manage the spacer without longer studs...my concern is one how do you install studs and two will I have enough thread to mount after a spacer is on...

BTW Hanzo sorry for the thread Jack!!!!
Official word is that with 5mm spacers, longer studs are not required.
With anything more than 5mm, longer studs are mandatory. Any good & qualifier mechanic will know how to press-out the OEM studs and press in the longer ones.

My advice is do not cheap out on wheel spacers (safety issue here); get the best.... H&Rs!

Stormtrooper, any further questions...better start a new thread.
Our apologies to Hanzo!

Last edited by Benggolf; 05-13-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:26 PM
5 Year Member
Official word is that with 5mm spacers, longer studs are not required.
With anything more than 5mm, longer studs are mandatory. Any good & qualifier mechanic will know how to press-out the OEM studs and press in the longer ones.

My advice is do not cheap out on wheel spacers (safety issue here); get the best.... H&Rs!
exactly, I had H&R's on my wrx 15mm and they were nice as hell.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:19 AM
5 Year Member

Stormtrooper, any further questions...better start a new thread.
Our apologies to Hanzo!
LOL that's okay, I would say if anything push the fronts out some for wider track up front because of front wheel drive, you'll break traction up front first. Maybe visually the car looks better with it pushed out in the back but might increase understeer. BTW I know some companies make 10mm spacers with extended stud built into the spacer itself so it's simple as putting it on and bolt the wheel back on.