2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

K20 Motor Mounts for GE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 11:51 AM
K20 Motor Mounts for GE?

***Disclaimer: I posted in the "GE" section rather than the "Swap" section so the GE owners could pick it out, and the GD owners wouldn't waste their time!

I talked to Mr. Gillespie at Hasport and this is what I got:

ME: Any chance to see mounts in the near future (next 6-8 months)?

GILLESPIE: Hard to say. We don't have plans yet to make them but you never know. We had been in talks with Spoon to make some for a project race car, but they seem to have lost interest. The original Fit mounts came about because of involvement from several companies including Honda. The market is limited on the new cars so it's likely unless someone like a Spoon or Honda want the kit we won't get to it in the next year.

Would any other GE owners be interested in some mounts? I want these bad because it looks like the mounts are going to be the speedbump. I don't wanna go buy an engine and find that there's no mounts on the market to fit said motor, ya know?

I don't know if having a large list of people wanting them will do any good, but I'm hoping if I can get a decent number of people interested, it might spur some kind of interactions starting the ball rolling. It's a long shot, but I'm hoping it'll be a start. I'm also curious as to what type engine you all are looking at (for my own info, mostly). THANKS!!! Anyway, I'll start the list:

1. skytanker2003, K20z3

Old 05-25-2009, 04:10 PM
5 Year Member
nope, defeats the purpose of the Fit IMO.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:17 PM
5 Year Member
yea i though about doing a k24 ('09 tsx motor, i got a really good deal!!!) but decided not. getting a bike ('05-'07 CBR 600RR) n probably a EVO??? figured since i work for a company whos parents company is mitsubushi n sumitomo might as well take advange of my discount.

just do an intake n exhaust. if you want more power, get another car, or bike

Old 05-25-2009, 04:18 PM
werd going K... =D
ur shits gonna moveeeeeeeeeee

Old 05-25-2009, 04:56 PM
5 Year Member
I'd want to do it, but I don't really need the speed. To me, I'd rather go slow and low.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by lilaznphatboy
yea i though about doing a k24 ('09 tsx motor, i got a really good deal!!!) but decided not. getting a bike ('05-'07 CBR 600RR) n probably a EVO??? figured since i work for a company whos parents company is mitsubushi n sumitomo might as well take advange of my discount.

just do an intake n exhaust. if you want more power, get another car, or bike
Yeah, I got a bike. Ninja 650R...not fast, but it's fast enough...but in North Dakota there's only about 4 good riding months out of the year so I don't get to ride it often. But I've been wanting to do a K swap since I had my EK hatch 4-5 years ago. It's not about going fast for me...it's about doing something not too many people have done. And I like to tinker. The speed and HP bump is just a very, very good incentive!

Old 05-25-2009, 11:37 PM
I would love to swap a K24 in my Fit but I might as well just go and get the new STI since it's a wagon and it has more power stock than a K24 Fit. Not to mention the AWD on the Subaru would be a huge plus in the winter months...

Old 05-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Bump for other's interests, comments, or suggestions!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:31 AM
bump ... I wonder how long it will take before they actually start making the mounts for the GE8... I could've bought a K24a2 from a TSX with a 6 speed tranny for 2G's last week!

Old 06-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah, see, that's what I'm talking about! I'd go out and buy the engine I want NOW, if I knew that the mounts would be available later. But I don't want to bet on them being available, buy the engine, and then find that Hasport has no intentions of ever making mounts...then I've got this engine sitting in my garage collecting dust!

Old 06-12-2009, 04:54 PM
The problem is that with mounts, there just isn't a big enough market for it. Of all the Fits out there, what percentage do you think will actually do a K20 Swap? I would guess less than 1% (including worldwide). The upside to Hasport venturing into doing this would not outweigh their cost. That is why they said Spoon or Honda. If Spoon or Honda wants to do it, Spoon or Honda would pay the R&D and Hasport would profit by making these mounts for Spoon/Honda and also have their blueprint to produce these to sell to the 1% general public.
Unless a big company who is willing to pay the R&D to do it, I highly doubt Hasport is in any hurry to get these on the market.

Old 06-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Alpha Zero
The problem is that with mounts, there just isn't a big enough market for it. Of all the Fits out there, what percentage do you think will actually do a K20 Swap? I would guess less than 1% (including worldwide). The upside to Hasport venturing into doing this would not outweigh their cost. That is why they said Spoon or Honda. If Spoon or Honda wants to do it, Spoon or Honda would pay the R&D and Hasport would profit by making these mounts for Spoon/Honda and also have their blueprint to produce these to sell to the 1% general public.
Unless a big company who is willing to pay the R&D to do it, I highly doubt Hasport is in any hurry to get these on the market.

+1 There are just not alot of people who are willing to take their brand new cars and go and pop a k20 in it. I can see this being a possibility maybe 3 years or so down the road, but alot of these cars still have payments on them.

I personally would rather see what could be done with the L series engine. I feel that this car is a return to Honda roots where less is more, truly in the spirit of the EF Civic.