2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fit with Racing Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 07:09 PM
i think if you do them, they should be wider. I like the silver and black though. And it's your car, so have fun. Not everyone's gonna like everything. But i agree, the turbo should probably go...unless you actually turbo it.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Shora
Thanks for sharing your new stripes with us.

You must already know that whenever one does an unorthodox modification that the opinions are usually divided into both extremes (those who love it and those who hate it). Don't feel offended when some tell you that they don't like it. Trust me, they are not saying it to be mean it's just how they honestly feel. Sometimes we all need to hear both sides to fully understand how much we like a certain mod. It will either really reinforce your love for it or make you realize that it may have been a mistake. Either way, it's good to hear honest opinions (in my opinion).

Anyway, let me tell you how "I" feel about your car.

First, I dig the wheels and the car looks really clean so it's nice to see that you really take care of it.

As for the stripes? I think you made a BIG mistake (and I am happy to see that it's just vinyl and not permanent).

You see, the FIT is the first non American brand car that I have ever owned so I have spent a great deal of time hanging out with, can you guess, other American car owners at car shows and even on internet boards.

What you have done to your FIT is exactly why they call many Japanese car owners Ricers. To put Turbo or Supercharger emblems on a car that doesn't sport them shows that the owner is just a wannabe. Same with those who put on stickers of aftermarket performance mods who have also not installed them. It's not a joke as there is nothing funny about it. If you put a Turbo emblem on your lawn mower, it might be funny, but not on a car (especially one that you added "racing" stripes to.)

As for me, I didn't like the name calling but I did see their point. Unlike them, I decided to buy a Japanese car and I love it. Now that I spend time with Japanese car owners I see that many of them are just as hardcore as any American car owner that I have ever met so I am very happy to be a part of both clubs.

Back to the stripes, here are a few pics of my other car (Mercury Marauder):

I, like you, also like stripes on cars. However, "I" don't feel like they belong on just any car. Back in the 1960's, Mercury used to be Ford's Racing Division. As a result, the Mercury Marauders used to be Ford's racing cars.

S-55 used to be the code name for the Marauders. When Mercury reintroduced the Marauder for the 2003-2004 model years, it was designed and built to be a "Modern American Muscle Car."

Anyway, to skip a whole bunch of boring BS, "I" felt like the Marauder, given it's history, could pull of racing stripes while my GE Fit could not.

Should "my" opinion count on how "you" feel about your new mod? Heck no, but this is an internet forum and the sharing of opinions is what makes it a cool place to hang out.

I agree. + rep for a well thought out point.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
I agree. + rep for a well thought out point.

Thanks!

Cheers.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Gives Fit owners a bad name already. I don't want to see the Fit become the next Civic. People covering their cars in vinyl and stickers. Just don't do it. Keep it clean, keep it simple, keep it sexy. As said before, some of us feel strongly a certain way, because we're enthusiasts and we follow the scene where it takes us. I try to keep Hondas away from turning into compete cow shit. Yours is on the fast-track to shitville.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:45 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
Gives Fit owners a bad name already. I don't want to see the Fit become the next Civic. People covering their cars in vinyl and stickers. Just don't do it. Keep it clean, keep it simple, keep it sexy. As said before, some of us feel strongly a certain way, because we're enthusiasts and we follow the scene where it takes us. I try to keep Hondas away from turning into compete cow shit. Yours is on the fast-track to shitville.
*over the announcement*
"We have just arrived"

Old 05-31-2009, 11:53 PM
5 Year Member
I try to keep Hondas away from turning into compete cow shit. Yours is on the fast-track to shitville.
Ironic coming from an owner with neon green wheels...

Old 06-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by doublebullout
mmmmm
Takata green ftw

Old 06-01-2009, 12:05 AM
lmfao damn ur back license plate in the 2nd pic is buggin me out
i feel like i need 3d glasses to see it clear lol
not a fan of the stripes but its ur car

Old 06-01-2009, 12:44 AM
not feeling it and that TURBO badge has to go unless your boosting your car.

but hey, like you pointed out its your car and do w/e you want with it

Old 06-01-2009, 01:26 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
hmmm... the age old shelby stripes always had a nice race look on the old school muscle fords....

Old 06-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by doublebullout
Very funny. I really don't consider myself a ricer. And why? Because I don't have vinyls/racing stripes/lambo hinges/stickers/hubcaps/huge wing

Old 06-01-2009, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
I would have made the stripes a little wider and with black mate vinyls.

Those racing stripes does not looks good on every car, and not on all colors either. Silver or white with black stripes, black car with white stripes. But blue, orange, yellow or other colors (like my BAP) looks a bit strange with those stripes I think...

The "Turbo" sign is just funny. Keep it

Old 06-01-2009, 11:49 AM
not my style

Old 06-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Very funny. I really don't consider myself a ricer. And why? Because I don't have vinyls/racing stripes/lambo hinges/stickers/hubcaps/huge wing
i do think you have a point there.

one thing will not necessarily make you a ricer. just your wheels, no.

in my opinion, just the stripes won't make it ricer either.
now if he slaps a 4ft wing and adds some tribal decals...then maybe.

Old 06-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by Interstate526
i do think you have a point there.

one thing will not necessarily make you a ricer. just your wheels, no.

in my opinion, just the stripes won't make it ricer either.
now if he slaps a 4ft wing and adds some tribal decals...then maybe.
The turbo badge on an NA car = full failure.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Shora -thanks for the comments and the pics. Your mercury (true muscle car) does the racing stripes justice. I put them on the Fit just to spice up the boring paint job -they are vinyl -and a special kind that I kind peel right off. Little bit of a homemade "MINI" look.

As far as the turbo badge it was a joke. I am not trying to pass it off as a real turbo mod. I got the badge at WalMart for 2 bucks. I thought it was so funny I put one on my 07 Honda Odyssey -that's even funnier. Someone was talking to my wife the other day and noticed it on our minivan and fell over laughing.

After venting in earlier posts and seeing the other comments I have realized that some of you are taking my mod SO SERIOUS -like I am a traitor to the Fit cause--which makes me want to say --lighten up!!

Feel free all of you to keep commenting -especially the "mod purists" or "mod nazis" -its quite humorous. Never been called a "ridicule whore" --oh my. Keep me laughing.

I will await someone's comment now of how much of a travesty that I don't take the mods to my Fit seriously. Go ahead whoever's next.......

Old 06-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Maybe you should take it off, that would be such a GREAT JOKE!!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Sorry if I'm coming off as a real big douche, but I just think it's really stupid.
19/20 people aren't going to think it's a joke, and just think you're lame.
If your fine by those odds, then, well.. Whatever.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Most of us don't find it funny though. In fact, you might be the only one. What about it makes you laugh? It's like a bad form of sarcasm. It's rice. It makes no sense. Maybe my sense of humor is busted, but I just fail to see the point....I'm done explaining why a Turbo badge on a car without a turbo is fail.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitorama
Shora -thanks for the comments and the pics. Your mercury (true muscle car) does the racing stripes justice. I put them on the Fit just to spice up the boring paint job -they are vinyl -and a special kind that I kind peel right off. Little bit of a homemade "MINI" look.

As far as the turbo badge it was a joke. I am not trying to pass it off as a real turbo mod. I got the badge at WalMart for 2 bucks. I thought it was so funny I put one on my 07 Honda Odyssey -that's even funnier. Someone was talking to my wife the other day and noticed it on our minivan and fell over laughing.

After venting in earlier posts and seeing the other comments I have realized that some of you are taking my mod SO SERIOUS -like I am a traitor to the Fit cause--which makes me want to say --lighten up!!

Feel free all of you to keep commenting -especially the "mod purists" or "mod nazis" -its quite humorous. Never been called a "ridicule whore" --oh my. Keep me laughing.

I will await someone's comment now of how much of a travesty that I don't take the mods to my Fit seriously. Go ahead whoever's next.......
Honestly, I like your reasoning here.

As much as I like my cars, life is indeed TOO SHORT to waste worrying about petty things and I am happy to hear that you are not taking the negative reviews to heart.

I am also happy to hear that you "could" take those stripes off without ill effects. IMO, get it out of your system and peel them off in a blaze of glory.

Lastly, Turbo emblems on a mini van WOULD GET MY ATTENTION NO DOUBT.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Fit with Racing Stripes