2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fit with Racing Stripes

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 12:54 PM
hmmmm.... i sense a tone there.. last time i checked the forum rules, and the how to post pics guide, it didnt require fitfreak members to ONLY post modded fits. So, as far as "wheels + drop = post" hmmm... maybe when u create your own forum, that would be 100% enforced, but as of this minute in fitfreak, i dont think so

the senior members here are jaded. We don't really care about stock Fits.
i never realized that this forum is MAINLY about what the senior members care about? Because that statement is so derrogatory to new members or maybe to the not-so senior ones that they're implicitly saying: "get lost, we dont care about your fit" i know that there is this thing called seniority, but i think all will agree that without new,regular,not so senior members, there will be no senior ones... there will be just "MEMBERS". so if one would want to claim of seniority and wants to be respected, then it goes to say that he/she needs to respect the non-senior members below him/her.

But stock ones remind us of why people hate them so much.
people hate stock fits so much? please dont generalize.. is this a statement from EVERYBODY here in this forum? or backed up by something credible, like reviews or anything related? of course modded fits looks awesome, but it doesnt meant that the non-modded ones are horrendous... Logically speaking, if "people" hated there stock fits SO MUCH, then i think no one wouldnt even bother to buy it right? nor go to an extent of putting money in it and modding.
from what i heard about new fit owners who posted here, MOST of them if not all, Loved their new fit. Then after getting used to the stock ones, of course wants to make it BETTER.
I havent yet seen an owner who said: "oh my stock fit is soooo horrendous, i HATE it, that's why im going to spend tons of money on it for it to bea good car maybe."

Lastly: my opinion is that, the honda fit is a good car. Good mileage, great handling, safe, ample room interior space, hatchback, made cooler. It's a car that is logical to modding because it's a cool car to start with in the first place.

I like to talk, my bad! lmao

Last edited by wavemasta; 06-07-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by trancedsailor
Well said, but still, the senior members here are jaded. We don't really care about stock Fits. Great, you have a Fit. But stock ones remind us of why people hate them so much. Wheels + drop = post pictures.
Uh...what people hate them so much? Not the car reviewers. Not me.

I do not plan on changing the wheels. But I was looking at the flat disk wheel covers that look like the wheels available in Canada.

And I'm definitely not dropping the car considering the roads around here.

I scraped on leaving the Dominos parking lot in my stock base FIT.

My own driveway is OK for the base, but a couple driveways over, I'd have to go REAL SLOW.

That's the STOCK BASE model without the slightly lower front end.

I NEED to be able to get into the parking garage! Really! I do!

Old 06-07-2009, 01:07 PM
All I'm going to say is that everyone I know in the real world, despises Fits, but loves mine. So what I gather from this is that, people WITHOUT Honda Fits, HATE STOCK Honda Fits. I'm not going to argue. A majority of car enthusiasts, do not like Honda Fits. End of story.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:31 PM
All I'm going to say is that everyone I know in the real world, despises Fits, but loves mine. So what I gather from this is that, people WITHOUT Honda Fits, HATE STOCK Honda Fits. I'm not going to argue. A majority of car enthusiasts, do not like Honda Fits. End of story.
wow.. you ended the thread like a MODERATOR! lol we're not arguing my friend, we're simply exchanging thoughts in a respectful manner.

i guess i live in an imaginary world then? from my point of view almost all my car enthusiast friends like the Honda fit, maybe it's not for them to buy but they generally like it. of course i have other non-car enthusiast friends and ...... yeah they like my fit as well.. i currently have the oem wheels, and no drop.... just minor add-ons like visor and tints.

im sad for you that you belong to a circle of people who are extremely judgemental who despises GOOD 'ol stock fits. maybe that's why your reactions are as such.

ANNOUNCEMENT, this thread hasnt been closed yet, the story hasnt ended. (maybe for trancedsailor it is, so take care dude, peace)

Old 06-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Maybe it's all in my head. Maybe that's why I have to do some kind of mod at least once every two weeks. I eventually want my Fit to be respected in the tuner community. K20 someday lol. Til then, nobody cares about Fits. Sure it can be SEXY, but when you're in a group of modded Civics and Teggy's, you just can't keep up and it's just disheartening. I love Fits, I just wish they were born faster. Why couldn't they put a B18 or K20 in it from the start?

Old 06-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Maybe it's all in my head. Maybe that's why I have to do some kind of mod at least once every two weeks. I eventually want my Fit to be respected in the tuner community. K20 someday lol. Til then, nobody cares about Fits. Sure it can be SEXY, but when you're in a group of modded Civics and Teggy's, you just can't keep up and it's just disheartening. I love Fits, I just wish they were born faster. Why couldn't they put a B18 or K20 in it from the start?
oh hi! i thought your story ended a couple of post ago.

dude, i think you're getting it all mixed up. They didnt put a bigger engine on the little car because they were trying to market it as a cool ECONOMY car. The "city defender" i think is one of the title of the fit in honda's marketing plan. They had to think of a price range to make it more economical yet still hip in some sense. they could put the best engine in the car but of course the price would change and the market would really take more consideration buying the car. I for an example bought the car because it's less than 20k.

Im assuming that you are in a group of modded civics and acuras. Then why did you buy a fit in the first place? If you wanted to be respected that much, why didnt you buy a really good car based on their percepetion in the first place? why buy a fit? maybe because it's cheap and affordable? i dont know your reasoning, but what i know is, if your group despises the STOCK FIT so much that you had to be so much insecure and mod it every week, it doesnt mean that "everyone" despises the fit too. It's every man's car and it really doesnt matter in the end what people say about it.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe I'm in the wrong forum?

Wow. I didn't realize that fitfreak.net was a forum for tuners and the tuner community. I thought it was for people who own Fits, or who want to own Fits, or who just like Fits and who want to share ideas, pictures, problems, and solutions.

Maybe I should drop out, since I'm not a tuner (and have no desire to be). I love my Fit with the stock wheels, and it's definitely low enough (almost too low at times) for me. I have had fun (and will continue to have fun) adding some accessories, but I have no desire to do more than that. If this is a forum that only welcomes those who want to make major mods to their horrendous stock Fits, I guess that leaves me out in the cold.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:19 PM
5 Year Member
grabs a chair with popcorn bucket.

we can mod our cars to no other, but in the end, it is still a fit.

I'm proud to drive it b/c I bought it. I dont care what other people have to say. why should their decisions and perceptions have such an influence on my part?

If someone compliments our cars, give a thumbs up and let it be. If someone complains about our cars, give a thumbs up and let it be.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah. See, I found out about Fits from a 2008 New Car Buyer Guide when I was on deployment overseas. Out of every car in there, I settled on the Fit. Cheap, good on gas, good looks, lots of room, and not everyone has one. I test drove it and loved it.

However, I never leave well enough alone. It seems like this board is split right down the middle. Modders and those who just use it to get groceries. I have a lot of free time in life so I'm always thinking about what else I can do to the car. Lots of people don't have that privilege because of familial responsibility, or want to keep their warranties safe. I don't have any dependents, and I don't care about a 3 year warranty. It's a Honda. Nothing will break in 36,000 miles that is not covered under warranty ie. maybe a burnt clutch. I tend to bang gears and shift at 4000+ so I can see that happening.

I would gladly have paid $20,000 for a K20 Fit from Honda. I would've gotten a Mazdaspeed 3 but it was quite huge to me. I like tiny cars.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:10 PM

The fact that this forum has both sides of the community makes it interesting.

People post pics of their stock fit, especially when they just brought it home, because it's exciting. And why should we take that from them?

If they do it over and over, without any new modifications, I think that is a different story.

Fitfreak provides a place for all fit owners. One side just can't expect the other side to always agree.

Old 06-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Well now, hmmm lol i cant help but notice how u just said in a recent post of yours (trancedsailor) that stock fits remind u of how much u or how much people HATED it, now ur telling a different story tht you loved a stock fit when u first drove it. And that the fit is well its just you dont leave well things untouched uhmmm well and hating a car is not the same

A fit with k20 would cost more than a flat 20k of course, good for u that u can buy it, but bad for honda because a lot of people nowadays looks for an affordable car.. Honda wants to tap that growing market buyers of a price range of 15k-18k. Sure YOU would buy a 20k+ car but im sure people like u are less than the ones that would wanna buy it at 17k.

And yeah..

Old 06-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Well, Honda should have build 25% of Fits with K20 and 75% with L15.

Fair enough? Call it a Fit Type R and you'll have a HUGE hit

Old 06-07-2009, 04:49 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Originally Posted by wavemasta
i never realized that this forum is MAINLY about what the senior members care about?
Pshh, well someone needs to fill you in bro
:P Haha, jk.

And of course there are the real "rules". But those don't matter. In the off topic I can make a thread about ANYTHING (hence, off topic) But I don't.
I'm not going to leave this thread, then go and make a thread telling everyone how I'm about to take a shower and brush my teeth, because anyone with the right mind won't care, just like anyone with the right mind won't care about a thread with pics of your stock fit with the stupid JDM slant and horrible editing.

Originally Posted by TaffetaWhite
I scraped on leaving the Dominos parking lot in my stock base FIT.

My own driveway is OK for the base, but a couple driveways over, I'd have to go REAL SLOW.
Well from the looks of it, you need to learn how to fcuking drive then man, a stock base fit is more 4x4 then a damn hummer. Try hitting it at an angle?
Sheesh,..

Old 06-07-2009, 04:50 PM
lol @ stock Fit Base scraping

Old 06-07-2009, 05:09 PM
To kyle: since when did you learn that the rules are not important? If so then people would be posting profanity pics everywhere, postinv ge pics at a gd thread, vendors would be unsuprvised that will lead to a possible scam, people would post Huge pics that woulx ruin browser and monitor default sizes, etc etc etc.... Itll be so much chaotic that in the end people would just get tired of it and the forum itself would be unsustainable. Rules are essential for everyone to coexist without killing each other (now that would be on the extreme sid3)

Now on ur example about posting ur shower moments to postinv a stock fit,

Dude the two examples are soooo irrelevant and not the same.. Its like comparing apples to oranges to a person who doesnt like fruits.

This site isnt kyleshoweringfreak.net maybe thats why some people wouldnt care about u in the shower, but it doesnt mean that the FITfreak.net memebers would not care about a new fit owner posting a stock fit of theirs

Old 06-07-2009, 05:17 PM
To trancedsailor: hmmm maybe tht 25% to 75% idea there is something to consider. It sounds plausible, but who knows right? One theory that i think is that honda didnt do that because there is a possibilty of the two markets diluting each other. Its the reason why cellphones doesnt have all the functionality that is available out there. Because companies want people to buy more, company: "you want a k20?, buy our different car"

But hey more choices for the fit the better! V12 people? Lmao

Old 06-07-2009, 05:17 PM
^ you are funny when you try to prove a point. I like your personality lol

Old 06-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
Your points are great, but the argument is still horrible to me.
And yes, I agree, your personality is definitely great. I just wish you didn't waste it on buying a GE (haha jk, just throwing that little hate )

I vote all people with stock fits should post their pictures on Honda-Tech, the people over there seem to love un modded fits.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Kyle is raaddd
Well from the looks of it, you need to learn how to fcuking drive then man, a stock base fit is more 4x4 then a damn hummer. Try hitting it at an angle?
Sheesh,..
I kinda understand where he's coming from. I went from driving a truck (Where i would just slam over speedbumps and dips)...to the Fit. If you go slow and are aware that your not in a truck, then you should be okay not scraping in a stock fit.

The lower you go, the more you have to plan your entrance.

I couldn't even imagine being as low as ray. Although at this point, the bottom of his car is probably ground down to just bare metal and plastic.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:35 PM
^ yeah.. Im like obama...... but ASIAN.. Woot! Wavemasta for president!!! Lol
Bck to op's topic, uhmmm sorry dude but the turbo thing isnt really funny, if the turbo was on my fridge then maybe....

Slogan : turbo fridge! "food in, food out! Ziing!" "the 10 second fridge"

Quick Reply: Fit with Racing Stripes