2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Fit sport - my first incident

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:53 PM
Someone that spends her life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rangefit
Serramonte? LOL! I was just there this weekend visiting family. Well, actually just drove by Serramonte. I stayed by Rockaway beach in Pacifica.
See? There ya go. If you'd gotten a flat while driving by, you would have been able to get a replacement tire!

Glad you clarified your family doesn't live at the dealership.

Seriously though, you can't be too prepared. Knowing where the nearest dealership is when making trip could be very helpful. Like if your car did break down, you'd know where to tell them to tow it.

I'm still getting over having many bad cars over the years, so it might take me awhile to get used to not having to pinpoint every single repair shop along the way.

And that was when my trips were no more than 10 miles in one direction.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:05 AM
And just an update on my tire situation...

I decided to pass on replacing the tires. I drove back home and took my other car with the punctured wheel/tire to a local repair place. They looked at the damage and said they can get it fixed properly. $20 later and it's back up and running.

And if I recall correctly, HondaCare did mention about getting the tires fixed so I don't go driving without a spare (and not driving with a donut wheel). I was just worried about getting out of the freeway and waiting for the tow that I didn't really care about repairing the tire at the time.

Also ordered the tow hook cover from majestic and decided to order the cargo cover, cargo tray, and touch up paint to save on shipping. Btw, Majestic had the best shipping prices that I could find compared to the other main online places the have been mentioned (collegehills and bernardi).

Old 08-20-2009, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rangefit
And just an update on my tire situation...

I decided to pass on replacing the tires. I drove back home and took my other car with the punctured wheel/tire to a local repair place. They looked at the damage and said they can get it fixed properly. $20 later and it's back up and running.

And if I recall correctly, HondaCare did mention about getting the tires fixed so I don't go driving without a spare (and not driving with a donut wheel). I was just worried about getting out of the freeway and waiting for the tow that I didn't really care about repairing the tire at the time.

Also ordered the tow hook cover from majestic and decided to order the cargo cover, cargo tray, and touch up paint to save on shipping. Btw, Majestic had the best shipping prices that I could find compared to the other main online places the have been mentioned (collegehills and bernardi).

Majestic is awesome. I always OEM parts from them.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Shockwave199
I find it nuts that anyone even focused on the the air conditioner running, the gas usage, or environmental issues of such within this topic. It's ridiculous! The story of this thread is THE TIRES! Forums never cease to amaze.

Dan
Prepare to be amazed again: Somehow you missed multiple topics clearly outlined in the original post. They were in ALL CAPS and one of them was MPG, and questioned fuel economy at rest. I provided a formula to calculate spent fuel at idle, and reiterated that idling for long periods negatively effects a fuel efficient objective.

If working to limit ones carbon footprint is nuts, what do you call refusing to consider it? That's right.......ridiculous!