2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Weathertech Full Liners - Black or Gray?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
Weathertech Full Liners - Black or Gray?

I'm planning on buying the Weathertech full liner floor mats. I like black, but does it show dirt badly?

I'm trying to decide between black or gray.

Thanks!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
We went with the black mats as the gray seemed much lighter than our base Fit's gray interior.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:10 PM
I haven't received mine yet (I just ordered them yesterday), but I ordered black for the same reason as BigWonton. The gray looks much lighter than the charcoal "carpet" (it doesn't deserve that word without quotation marks) in my base fit, so I think the black will look better. In other words, the carpet is closer to black then that shade of gray.

I've seen the black in real pictures, and I haven't seen the gray, so that also played a part in my decision.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
Good advice! Does anyone use the factory retaining clips with the weathertech liners?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:05 PM
5 Year Member
Are you getting the rubber or the the DF's?

I just got the DigitalFits, they arrived one week ago. Can't comment on the rubber ones, but the DF's are a really nice FIT . I got the black, and they are really almost identical to the color of the interior carpeting.

As far as showing dirt, they really do just lift in and out, so they are easy to clean. Being late summer, I'm tracking more cut grass into the car than anything else, so that'd probably show up regardless.

In any case, they are a quality product, and I'm very happy with them.

Edit - the DF's don't use retaining clips, not sure about the rubber one's. Retaining clips would have to be removed for the DF's, I'd imagine. I knew I was going to order the DF's, I got no floormats from the dealer, so no retaining clips installed.

Last edited by Krizz; 08-18-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:29 AM
DF's in black. The grey is very light. The black matches the carpet perfectly.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hyperfit
Good advice! Does anyone use the factory retaining clips with the weathertech liners?
No clips necessary. The DF liners are molded to fit OVER the factory installed clips, but stay put with no additional help because they are molded to fit the footwell, and have nowhere to go.

Last edited by Uncle Gary; 08-19-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:44 AM
5 Year Member
If you have any concerns about the mats sliding without clips, I found that using some of that grippy rubber sheet used to line kitchen shelves under the mats holds my el-cheapo mats in place very well.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! I've had my Fit 6 days, the advice is appreciated! I'll order my black weathertech's tonight!

Old 12-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Weathetech Digital Fit for my 2009 Black Fit Base MT

Got a full set from Santa. The black color is definitely the right one for dark Base Fit upholstery. They really do match every curve and bump: both fronts and especially the full second row. Now I want some slush and sand to trudge through so I can put them to the test!

Old 12-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Anyone know if Weathertech makes a full size rear cargo mat? I know Honda OE offers one, but its a bit pricey.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
The black matches the interior. Yes, they show mud, but they're a snap to clean compared to carpet. I yank them out, shake them off and stick them in the shower to wash them.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITProject
Anyone know if Weathertech makes a full size rear cargo mat? I know Honda OE offers one, but its a bit pricey.
I'm looking for the same thing. Check out https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...t-elemmat.html

It's 2pc (not ideal) and I'd also rather have a tray than a mat, but... it's the best I've found

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
Looking at the WeatherTech site, I'm 99% sure that the WeatherTech all-weather floor mats are just that. The DigitalFit Floorliners, on the other hand, are like trays, fit very securely, and trap a whole lot of stuff. WeatherTech does offer a "Universal Cargo Mat" but you would have to cut it to fit, it doesn't have raised edges, and it costs more than the Honda OEM cargo mat, so why bother?

Old 03-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Was doing some spring cleaning today and turned up an interesting side effect of these mats.

There are three spots on the carpet that are wearing down to the backing from the friction of the mat. I noticed these clumps of fibers when I removed the driver side mat to vacuum. One up under the brake pedal, one in front of the drivers seat and one on the side of the transmission tunnel. The one on the tunnel is worn clear down to the white backing and is about three inches wide.

Although these mats saved 100 times more damage this winter than the little bit if damage they caused, it was still disappointing.

When I really thought about it, the fault lies more in the cheapness of the carpet, than it does in the mat.

On a side note, what is in that fabric that forms a molecular bond to lint and dirt? Some of it attaches itself to that fabric and it's like all the earths gravity is coming through the bottom of the car to hold it in place. We have a powerful whole house vac system and it won't budge some of that stuff. Even a 3M lint roller waves the white flag and gives up.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
"On a side note, what is in that fabric that forms a molecular bond to lint and dirt? Some of it attaches itself to that fabric and it's like all the earths gravity is coming through the bottom of the car to hold it in place. We have a powerful whole house vac system and it won't budge some of that stuff. Even a 3M lint roller waves the white flag and gives up. "

One of my pet peeves with the Fit. I swear, they upholstered the seats with lint brush fabric.

Old 03-21-2010, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
I have a gray beard -- it's as bad as cat hair.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Uncle Gary
No clips necessary. The DF liners are molded to fit OVER the factory installed clips, but stay put with no additional help because they are molded to fit the footwell, and have nowhere to go.
So, I got my Fit Sport 5MT last week, and decided not to buy the overpriced Honda OEM mats from the dealer. I grabbed some cheapo rubber mats that worked fine for the passenger positions, but the driver's mat had to be trimmed down quite abit to fit decently. Unfortunately, without the factory retaining clips, the driver's mat moves around considerably (especially with 3 pedals instead of 2). I was about to bite the bullet and order the Honda OEM mats when I stumbled across a thread regarding the Weathertechs here on fitfreak.

I actually called the company about the Weathertech mats because I was curious whether they came with the retaining clips or not (and of course they don't). I'm wondering if anyone could give me a recommendation regarding these mats. I was planning on taking advantage of the fact that I can buy just the front 2 mats, but I'm wondering if I should get the $55 regular mats (and figure out how to get the Honda retaining clips), or if it's worth the extra $45 to get the digital fit mats.

And Gary, could you clarify on whether you think the DIgital Fit mats are more or less secure than a set of mats tied down with the retaining clips?

Old 03-21-2010, 07:44 PM
xm8
I ordered Weathertech rubber mats for a 94 integra more than 10 years ago and I had to return them because they were too thin.

Are they a thick or thin rubber for the fit?

Old 03-21-2010, 08:38 PM
The Weathertech Digital Fit are plenty thick enough and they do stay in place well, but it's not like they are secured to be unmovable.

If you see my post a few above this one, they do have a tendency to wear the carpets in spots. It's just that the slight shifting they do, over time will rub the fibers of the carpet down to the nap.

Quick Reply: Weathertech Full Liners - Black or Gray?