Notices
For Sale / Want To Buy / Classified Ads for USED Fit Items Buy and Sell your USED FIT stuff here. Vendors, please do not post here. Use the "Vendor Marketplace" forum instead. MUST HAVE 20 POSTS

Honda Fit - Full Cargo Mat (Elemmat)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:31 AM
Honda Fit - Full Cargo Mat (Elemmat)

Hi All!

These will ship in time for Chrismas via Priority mail if ordered by Friday the 19th of December!!!

This is Tony with Murdock Industrial, we've been making the Elemmat for the Honda Element and a couple other cars for a couple years now. We have a come up with an Elemmat for the Honda Fit and would like to let you know about it.

The 2007/2008 honda Fit YouTube videos up on our site:
2007-2008 Honda Fit Full Area Back Mat (NEW!)

The 2009 Honda Fit YouTube videos are up on our site at:
2009 Honda Fit Full Area Back Mat (NEW!)

Please check it out and give us feedback.

Throught FitFreak.net you can get a 10% disocunt by buying on line and entering the dicount code fit10 or follow the link below.

10% Discount Code fit10 10%
Discount Link Elemmat.com - Murdock Industrial Inc.

This item is new for the Honda Fit community. We plan to stand behind the fit and provide the best protectionf for you Fit.

This announcement is done as a test market to gauge interest in the short term, levels on interest in the purchase of the Fit Elemmat. Please give feedback if you purcahse one. The fit is a viable market - let see if people want to protect their backs of their seats and pets like PJ and I do.

There is a 30 day return policy and the Elemmat fits GREAT in the back of ht Fit.

All I ask is you check it out and let us know what you think! These are die cut and shipped well....

It is a must have for every Fit owner that protects their interior and cargo being used in the interior.

Spread the word - Let others know -

Please visit our site www.elemmat.com

I will post results of christmas purchases on this site for all to see!

Drive save in your fit & currently we are shipping priority mail and 3 day shipping to make sure you get this in time for the holidays.... plenty of stock to make and send yours out packaged the same day!

Hope to see you're name in our customer list!

Tony
buy from www.elemmat.com
I'll do everything in my power to get your order to where it needs to go before christmans!

I tried to follow guidelines for marketing a nep product (Rule 4A) allowing me to test market my product and gauge interest as long as I do not reference your eCommerce site. If these bring in the income to become a sponsor I would like to be a good sponsor for the www.FitFreak.net webiste.

If you own a Fit, please take a moment and check out our nitche products for the Fit:

https://02c48c3.netsolstores.com/ind...PROD&ProdID=55

Thank you!
Tony

More Pics:

they're very cool and I hope you check them out! thank you! If you live near Bedford or Akron and wanto to check these out in person - just contact up at www.elemmat.com and we'll ge it! Thank you!

Last edited by bjave; 12-15-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:30 AM
Banned
I will be buying your product when I have a "Fit Budget" again after Christmas.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:44 AM
Banned
Now that is what I call a full mat.

I noticed a rolled up area in the second last photo, does the mat unroll to protect the rear hatch/bumper area paint?

Many of us are seeking a roll down area for paint protection from dogs jumping into the Fit.

I now see from the video on your website, the rolled up portion is used to cover the rear seat backs and not the painted area outside the hatch.

I have seen some dog owners put their dog in the rear seat area (seat bottom folded up in vertical position), I would imagine this area too would be damaged and a mess of hair. Did you consider adding a rear seat floor protector as well?

-Offer an optional roll-out, rear hatch paint protection mat.
-Offer an optional rear seat floor mat.

The quality, fit and finish look to be really good, as is the price.

Last edited by kamakurakid; 12-15-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Thank you for the complements! I tried a couple 'longer' versions for our Fit and the material doesn't relax enough to be usable and cover past just the interior. One option is that we put a blanket in the back for Jack (our dog that thinks he's a lap dog and weights 60 lbs) and then pull the blanket over the edge till he gets in (when we remember). Jack could jump over the car let alone springing into the back... I know they make ramps too for older dogs too... Hope that helps!

If you have trouble with the 10% fit10 discount code, this link should do the trick too:
http://www.elemmat.com/index.asp?DC=fit10

Thanks,
Tony!

Last edited by bjave; 03-04-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:15 PM
How long does it take to receive these once I place an order? I need them before July 4th weekend when I have to haul my dog to Michigan.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 AM
Does the seatback piece stay up with the seat? Or do we have to find someway to store the rolled up piece when the back seats are up?

Old 06-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the response!

Any chance you can upload some pictures?

Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks a lot! I think I'll buy the elemmat.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by markz68
How long does it take to receive these once I place an order? I need them before July 4th weekend when I have to haul my dog to Michigan.
Just so future buyers know... I ordered my Elemmat on June 20th. It shipped on June 25th and I received it on June 26th. I just chose standard shipping but it got here very quickly!

Originally Posted by bojackson63044
Does the seatback piece stay up with the seat? Or do we have to find someway to store the rolled up piece when the back seats are up?
Mine is rolled up against the tailgate as pictured in the first post in the thread. Doesn't seem to take up too much room there.

Originally Posted by ManxSpirit
The mat does not stay up with the seatbacks up. It is too flexible to stand vertically on its own. I used Industrial Strength Velcro to make heavy duty sticky joints along the top bar of the rear seatbacks, and used a razor knife to slit the mat between the seats (leaving the lower 1/3 of the mat uncut). Now, with the seats folded flat, the entire back floor is covered, but if I need to raise one seat, the floor next to the open seat remains covered. When both seats are flat, I can detach the Velcro fasteners, and cover any cargo near the hatch with the Elemmat pulled backwards over the cargo.

I also cut little windows out of the mat to expose the tie-downs in the seat backs (normally used to secure child safety seats). This gives me two anchors for bungee cords to secure a big ice chest or other large cargo in the back that I don't want moving around on sharp turns.
Man I wish I lived closer to you so you could help me do what you did! I doubt I can achieve that on my own! I can't wait to see pics!

I need to haul my dog and a third passenger this weekend so I will have one seat up and one down. I will have to cover the back of the seat that is down some other way this time.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Cool product, I have been looking for something like this. Couple of questions:

I think the video you have on the site mentioned it came in dark blue? Can I get it in Black?

Would you by chance also make one for the Mazda 5? (may other car)

Thanks!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by ManxSpirit
Okay, here it is-
Thanks to bjave and the guys at Murdock Industries for making such a great Fit accessory. Here is what I did to make it better for MY Fit----
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tml#post687400
Dude, you are totally awesome.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Just wanted to say, I've had the Elemat for my '07 Fit Sport for some months now, and it's fantastic. I have big & active dogs that I take everywhere, and the mat helps keep the hair, sand, and assorted flora they drag in under control. I usually just sweep it with a dust broom, easy peasy.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 AM
'Just ordered this product and look forward to receiving it. The discount code worked as promised. I'll post my review and pictures after I install it.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mrnoyb
'Just ordered this product and look forward to receiving it. The discount code worked as promised. I'll post my review and pictures after I install it.
which link did you use, none seem to work

Old 03-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by markz68
Generally, they are shipped in 1 - 2 business days from order and they ship from Akron Ohio by UPS - I think Canada we ship USPS Priority...

Old 03-19-2013, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Cool product, I have been looking for something like this. Couple of questions:

I think the video you have on the site mentioned it came in dark blue? Can I get it in Black?

Would you by chance also make one for the Mazda 5? (may other car)

Thanks!
Black and Grey are the only colors, both look great. We actually take a template made out of paper and trace the interior of the vehicles we... so only when we can get my hands on a vehicle can we do it. We try to target pet friendly vehicles that the owners like us put the seats down and give them the run of the back... and also vehicles that are dual purpose car/delivery vehicle... Unfortunately the minivan market isn't a strong market for us - we tried the Honda Odyssey and I think we sold 1, and the dies we make these from cost around $750 + Shipping...

We do have the material by the foot but unless you're mechanically inclined and used to cutting the material, it can be a challenge.

I don't know why the link above isn't working but if you go to Elemmat - it's easy to get to the Fit section. On checkout the discount code is FIT10

There is a video in the description on the elemmat website that gives you everything you need to know about what it looks like wrapped up... oh man I miss summer in Ohio...

Hope that answers some of the questions and thanks-
Tony

Old 03-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Here's the post regarding my purchase.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...a-covered.html

The color match is almost perfect. Mine took one week from order to delivery.