2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Honda Homelink With No Headliner Cutting

Old 11-18-2009, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
Hi mscott,

After reading your thread, I decided to get the same Homelink console as the one you got (mine is from an 03 Accord). I'm going to try this installation this weekend, but I was hoping you could help me with the wiring. Could you tell me what each wire in the 2 harnesses are for? If you can give me this info, I'll know which wires to tap...

Green Harness:
10 - RED:
9 - LT GRN:
8 - GRN/RED:
7 - RED/BLK:
6 - BLK:
5 - WHT/BLU:

Grey Harness:
LT GRN:
WHT/BLU:

TIA for your help!

Old 01-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by shodawg124
Hi mscott,

After reading your thread, I decided to get the same Homelink console as the one you got (mine is from an 03 Accord). I'm going to try this installation this weekend, but I was hoping you could help me with the wiring. Could you tell me what each wire in the 2 harnesses are for? If you can give me this info, I'll know which wires to tap...

Green Harness:
10 - RED:
9 - LT GRN:
8 - GRN/RED:
7 - RED/BLK:
6 - BLK:
5 - WHT/BLU:

Grey Harness:
LT GRN:
WHT/BLU:

TIA for your help!

did you ever figure out what the wires were for each ?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by mscott
Choro-Q_Fit

Here is what I found for wiring on the Odyssey.

2005 Odyssey Map Light Wiring/Homelink

Homelink Wires
  • GRN/RED (Illumination (Negative Circuit – LEDs)
  • ---
  • ---
  • RED/BLK (Illumination (Positive Circuit)
  • BLK (G601)… (Ground)
  • WHT/BLU (FUSE 6, Drivers)… (HOT at All Times Power)
  • BLU (Navigation)
  • PNK (Navigation)
  • ---
  • ---

MAP Lights
  • WHT/BLU (Power HOT at All Times)
  • ---
  • BLK/RED (Door Control Input) (Negative signal to turn map lights on with door… OPTIONAL Connect to Ceiling Light (Pin 1 BLU… Ground door signal))

2009 Fit

Ceiling Light (Doom Light)
  • BLU (Ground, door signal… UDFP G7… turns light on with doors)
  • PNK (Fuse 1 – Under Dash)
  • ---
Navi Microphone
  • LT GRN (Mic Sig) (Goes to D8 on Navi)
  • PUR (Mic Gnd) (Goes to D7 on Navi)
  • RED (SW/MIC ADPT) (Goes to D2 on Navi)

I have mine all set up except for the wiring of the homelink. I bought an accord setup but not sure which wires to connect. Map lights were plug and play.I have it all bolted in temp

Old 01-22-2010, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
yea, i was eventually able to figure it out since i found a service manual for a 2004 TSX online, and looked at the wiring diagram in the "Interior lights" section.

I don't have my notes with me, and I don't want to open up my wife's car again just to check, so I'm gonna try to go from memory (and looking at the wiring diagram):

Green Harness:
10 - RED: Ground (for Ambient LED)
9 - LT GRN: Door Trigger signal - Connect to LT GRN wire in grey harness
8 - GRN/RED: Door Trigger signal - Connect to Dome Light's Door Trigger wire (BLU i think...) I believe this is a negative signal, but I'm not certain.
7 - RED/BLK: +12V for Ambient LED - I tapped one of the +12V HEADLIGHT wires from the fuse box (i.e. only +12V when headlights are on)
6 - BLK: Ground
5 - WHT/BLU: +12V constant on - connect to pink wire from existing

Grey Harness:
LT GRN: Door trigger - connect to LT GRN wire in Green Harness
WHT/BLU: +12V constant on - connect to pink wire from existing

Here's the wiring diagram i was looking at:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Hope this helps. If it doesn't... I can try to look for my notes or take apart my wife's car

Old 01-22-2010, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
I think the homelink system is powered by the green harness... gets its +12V from the WHT/BLU, and ground from either the BLK or RED wires

Old 01-22-2010, 05:26 PM
yea, i was eventually able to figure it out since i found a service manual for a 2004 TSX online, and looked at the wiring diagram in the "Interior lights" section.

I don't have my notes with me, and I don't want to open up my wife's car again just to check, so I'm gonna try to go from memory (and looking at the wiring diagram):

Green Harness:
10 - RED: Ground (for Ambient LED)
9 - LT GRN: Door Trigger signal - Connect to LT GRN wire in grey harness
8 - GRN/RED: Door Trigger signal - Connect to Dome Light's Door Trigger wire (BLU i think...) I believe this is a negative signal, but I'm not certain.
7 - RED/BLK: +12V for Ambient LED - I tapped one of the +12V HEADLIGHT wires from the fuse box (i.e. only +12V when headlights are on)
6 - BLK: Ground
5 - WHT/BLU: +12V constant on - connect to pink wire from existing

Grey Harness:
LT GRN: Door trigger - connect to LT GRN wire in Green Harness
WHT/BLU: +12V constant on - connect to pink wire from existing

Here's the wiring diagram i was looking at:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Hope this helps. If it doesn't... I can try to look for my notes or take apart my wife's car

Thanks. I sure don't want you to have to take the wife's car apart just to ck. It was plug an play for the connect for the map lights and they work fine. It's the green connector I'm trying to solve. I only (for now) want to make the homelink active, don't care about the ambient light or the bluetooth/mic, etc. My connector from the homelink module has 6 wires coming from it. They were nice enough to leave me the female connector with 3 " worth of wires.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:28 PM
I think the homelink system is powered by the green harness... gets its +12V from the WHT/BLU, and ground from either the BLK or RED wires

So, in theory, I should be able to connect the wht/blu over to tap in to the other connector(map light) and then ground the blk wire ?

Old 01-22-2010, 05:40 PM
5 Year Member
i believe so. when i was setting this up, i tested the wiring on my workbench using a 12V DC power source I had handy before connecting it to the car; you might want to try that also.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
HomeLink Upgrade

If you don't want to do all the wiring, College Hills Honda offers HomeLink Upgrade. You can either use battery or wire. $35 for installation.

Honda Fit Accessories - Genuine 2009-2010 Honda Fit Interior Accessories

You can also view the installation vedio here.
http://www.diyhonda.com/podcasts/epi...t_homelink.wmv

Old 01-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by FITMugen
If you don't want to do all the wiring, College Hills Honda offers HomeLink Upgrade. You can either use battery or wire. $35 for installation.

If you send them your homelink, will they convert it for $35 ? I got the feeling that the $35 was added to the $200 for the homelink if you bought from them and had them convert.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by FITMugen

I contacted College Hills Honda. They will only convert Homelink modules purchased by them.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Homelink converted to battery

Ok, after finding out College Hills Honda only converts Homelinks they sell, to battery power, I decided to try it for myself. It turned out easier than I thought. First you need an "A23" battery. Next you need a battery holder. I found one at RadioShack for $.99 sku 270-405A( also known as a "N" battery holder). There is an open spot under the Homelink cover that would usually have the Bluetooth mic (mine had been removed when I bought it). The battery holder with battery snaps right in, like it was meant to be there. Now all you have to do is connect the two wires, from the holder, to the two Homelink wires coming from the green connector at the bottom of Homelink module. Fit like a charm!
Then programed it using the video on the Homelink site. Now I can open and close my garage with the built in unit and stop fumbling for the garage remote that constantly falls off my visor.

Homelink Module(look thru grill to see battery)

bottom of Homelink module

underneith grey cover, A23 battery and battery holder

Last edited by polokid69; 01-24-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:11 AM
Gee whiz, for $214 for the unit from College Hills, I think I'd rather buy one of the auto-dimming Gentex mirrors with Homelink built in. For another $40 or so, you can get temperature too.

Here is an interesting article comparing the Gentex model histories.
http://www.wembleysells.com/mirrorte...Comparison.htm

Old 01-28-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by SteveInNC
Gee whiz, for $214 for the unit from College Hills, I think I'd rather buy one of the auto-dimming Gentex mirrors with Homelink built in. For another $40 or so, you can get temperature too.

Here is an interesting article comparing the Gentex model histories.
Gentex HomeLink Autodimming Mirrors GNTX-313 and GNTX-453 Series comparison

it cost me a lot less than the one from College Hills Honda.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:34 AM
I paid $60 for the accord homelink unit which also had the map light bulbs and lenses. I bought the module that holds all this for $32.94 My battery conversion cost $.49 for the battery holder and $2.00 for the battery.(two pack)

Old 01-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Nice work!

Where did you buy the base to hold the Homelink unit and lenses?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:15 AM
thanks, bought the new piece from CFL Honda. I bought the larger(sunglass storage) , from some on ebay. I canablized the one I bought on Ebay, taking the lenses, bulbs, and Homelink unit and put all in new unit I bought from CFL. Not much to it. I even converted it to battery power.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:38 AM
5 Year Member
which base did u buy from college hills honda (part #?). thanks. bro. i wanna do this too. i just hate having the remote on my visor.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by beangrower
which base did u buy from college hills honda (part #?). Thanks. Bro. I wanna do this too. I just hate having the remote on my visor.

34404-sna-a21zd

Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 AM
you need to buy one of these or the lenses and homelink module. Try ebay for this piece

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honda Homelink With No Headliner Cutting