2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

wanna get some points

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 11:56 AM
wanna get some points

hey guys, im fairly new to this forum, and also owning a fit sport 09. i plan on attending the carlisle import show in may '10 and i'm thinking about some minor upgrades. i dont want to do anything too drastic, or even mechanical because of honda's stupid warranty policies and my parents trictness since they helped me get the loan for the car. so no exhaust, turbo or anything. i dont think i'd win any awards but i just want my car to look clean and stylish. the only plans i had in mind were some 17" konig toxxin2 rims, the jdp engineering carbon fiber lip, jdp engineering carbon fiber mirror cover, some oil caps and such, and a custom painted manifold cover.what are your guy's opinions on little stuff i can do to maybe add some points?

Old 09-18-2009, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member
I persanlly think bolt ons are fine. Exhaust, intake, etc.. If anything goes wrong just slap the stock parts back on and take it to Honda. But if not.. Tinted windows and jdm badges are the usual.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:38 PM
yea i definitely wanted to tint the windows. 25% all around, and a sunstrip in the front. in jdm badges do you mean the red H emblems?

Old 09-18-2009, 12:43 PM
FYI, the GE8 doesn't have a manifold cover.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:47 PM
then what is it, the valve cover? whatever that huge cover under the hood is, i want to paint it or find a carbon fiber one or something

Old 09-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Your parents might be happier if you spend all that money taking care of the car loan.

The Fit ALREADY looks clean and stylish!

Old 09-18-2009, 03:09 PM
^^^^^

Old 09-18-2009, 03:11 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
wheels, Drop, JDP lip, and JDP spoiler extender. DONE.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by interestingstuff
Your parents might be happier if you spend all that money taking care of the car loan.

The Fit ALREADY looks clean and stylish!

haha, loan is in my name, car is in my name, but they fronted some cash toward the down payment since my civic died and we went to the dealer like the next day to get a new car. so they want a lot of say in what i do to this car. on another note, i know it looks stylish, but i want something that separates it from all the other ones you see driving around. no point in taking a bone stock fit to a car show

Old 09-18-2009, 04:08 PM
I'll be going to Carlisle Import '10 in my Fit also........... too see all the old MG's, Mini-Coopers and other old British cars.

I always walk through the ricer section and they do some pretty cool stuff with their cars, although some get a little carried away.

Last edited by 55Fit55; 09-18-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I show my 2007 Honda Fit Sport locally and out of 4 shows we have won one Best Tuner and one Best of Show. All my mods are appearance Mugen parts - door sills, Mugen pedals, visors, rear view mirror cover, e-brake cover, license plate holder, tire valve covers, JDM carbon fiber mannifold cover, Mugen radiator and oil cap. Just keep your mods clean and if you pick a theme stay close to it. Best of luck and remember do to your car what makes you happy!

Cat :x

Old 09-18-2009, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Wheels, as light as you can find, really helps the low torque motor, maybe stick with 16"
lower it.
visors, tint, lighter battery, LED dome and cargo lamps and JDM base tail lights

I just cant see an oil cap or custom engine cover in first group of mods (unless you are like Cat putting your car in shows)
Otherwise what are you going to do, hang in a mall parking lot with your hood open hoping someone will notice? That is just my $.02, not dissing anybody

Last edited by Tork; 09-18-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by misfit09
since my civic died and we went to the dealer like the next day to get a new car.
May I ask when gen. Civic you had and what was it that died on it? Just curious, I'm gonna guess 7th gen & tranny.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
Id say get some JDM tails, JDP parts and some Mugen dress up pieces. Just start looking around and finding parts you like and do it up, as long as you OK it with the parents.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by misfit09
because of honda's stupid warranty policies
yeah, people starting to swap out random engine parts and dropping in turbos, why on earth would that void warrany, lol.

but seriously, do any of what was listed, just don't get carried away. remember, car is for getting you from point A to point B. you are lucky enough as it is that your parents got you a Fit . it could have been a "reliable" 10 year old corolla. don't piss them off.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by secondspassed
May I ask when gen. Civic you had and what was it that died on it? Just curious, I'm gonna guess 7th gen & tranny.

it was a 97 ex. and never really sure of what was wrong. on random days, it would just not start. everytime i took it in the shop, they couldnt figure out what it was cuz it would start right up for them. and i just got sick of it, it wasn't reliable and i had to get to work so one day when it didnt start again, we went to the honda dealer, looked at some fits, i test drove one, and that was that lol.

Old 09-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by Tork

I just cant see an oil cap or custom engine cover in first group of mods (unless you are like Cat putting your car in shows)
Otherwise what are you going to do, hang in a mall parking lot with your hood open hoping someone will notice? That is just my $.02, not dissing anybody

i do plan on taking it to shows. i mean not many come around here, but like i said carlisle, sometimes hot import nights comes to the poconos in PA. but i dont have many friends into the tuner scene so i cant see myself hanging around the parking lot lol. but like the one guy said, like a mugen theme or something, some oil caps for under the hood, just to dress up that a little, but i want most of my mods to be exterior. i think im gonna go with all the carbon fiber parts jdp engineering makes, and as far as wheels i like the toxxin 2's but im still undecided, i think i might want all black ones (since i have the storm silver color). like i said, just wanted some opinions on little stuff that could maybe get me some looks at a car show

Old 09-19-2009, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MNfit
Id say get some JDM tails, JDP parts and some Mugen dress up pieces. Just start looking around and finding parts you like and do it up, as long as you OK it with the parents.
ditto...

Just buy the Mugen kit, Honda sells it through their dealerships, and it doesn't void the warranty, add a couple of JDM Honda parts and your set.

Cat, I love your Mugen themed MR.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
ditto...

Just buy the Mugen kit, Honda sells it through their dealerships, and it doesn't void the warranty, add a couple of JDM Honda parts and your set.

Cat, I love your Mugen themed MR.

isn't honda a little overpriced? i had only planned on getting the pedals the oil cap from them

Old 09-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Ya I'm sure that is overpriced. I think you'd be better off gettting carbon fiber parts from here. http://www.carbonfiberhoods.net Cheapest prices on the internet, and a pretty good selection too.

Quick Reply: wanna get some points