2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picking a fight with the Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:10 AM
5 Year Member
Picking a fight with the Fit

So I was driving to school this morning and I was "zipping" in and out of lanes. I guess I pissed this guy off because he started cutting me off. Since there was a mild traffic, he couldn’t do much, but my fit was small and agile enough to get ahead of his suv. So I got to school before him (he was probably a car or two behind me) and he does the most f*cked up thing. He cuts in front of me with barely any space so he can get in front of me. I saw him looking at me through his side view mirror looking all smug with his sunglasses on.

Last edited by j1nNju1c3; 09-24-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
i hate ppl zipping in and out of lanes. you should drive more mature and you won't piss off anybody.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Personally, I do not think it really worth zipping in and out of lanes. Similar to your situation, it is very easy to piss someone off when you really do not mean to. It also does not help that you both go to the same school, making it VERY easy for him to get revenge, then at that point it is not worth it.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah I hate people who zip in and out of traffic, usually they don't get much farther ahead. Everyone is trying to go as fast as possible, nobody like to be stuck in traffic jam.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM
5 Year Member
The only thing I do that I'm not too proud of is when someone turns onto the road I'm on and I'm doing 55 and they're doing 10, and they're about 15 car lengths ahead. What I'll do is change lanes and promptly cut back in front of them as soon as I pass them. Other than that, I'm actually quite tame for a 19 year old.

Old 09-23-2009, 11:52 AM
So why would you park next to some one you admittedly pissed off?

Old 09-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Vanishing Point
So why would you park next to some one you admittedly pissed off?
My thoughts exactly...You are only asking for your car to get keyed.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:13 PM
5 Year Member
When "zipping in and out of lanes" you're trying to gain a few car lengths ahead of the traffic. You need to remember that other people don't feel that you should gain anything in traffic. You are in-effect creating a competition situation and many will respond by competing with you (especially aggressive types). It's the main cause of road rage and accidents.

You should also think about what you really gain. A few seconds? A car length or 2? You'll probably be in the same place tomorrow anyway so what's the hurry?

I hope you learn from what you just did and stop zipping in and out of lanes.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
So I was driving to school this morning and I was zipping in and out of lanes. I guess I pissed this guy off because he started cutting me off. Since there was a mild traffic, he couldn’t do much, but my fit was small and agile enough to get ahead of his suv. So I got to school before him (he was probably a car or two behind me) and he does the most f*cked up thing. He cuts in front of me with barely any space so he can get in front of me. I saw him looking at me through his side view mirror looking all smug with his sunglasses on. I kinda parked next to him and I was thinking of keying his suv but karma might get me back!
Vent Over

You definitely sound like a douche bag. If you are zipping in and out of lanes, and wanting to key someones car you need to grow up.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:54 PM
Also, do not expect other people to respect your car, when you do not respect theirs. Another thing, if you respect his SUV, but then keys your Fit, then it tells you something about the kind of person he is (and you should not be).

Old 09-23-2009, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jinjinweiwei
i hate ppl zipping in and out of lanes. you should drive more mature and you won't piss off anybody.
Yup, when I drove the truck in my sig pic, and I'd see stuff like that on the freeway, I'd think "look at the idiots trying to win a Darwin award".

Relax a little bit, and you'll be in a better mood whenever you get where you're going.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Good for you for not keying his car! Karma is a biatch!

But I loathe people who zip in and out of lanes. I love my car and I always do my best to avoid high risk situations. Although your driving skills might be crazy-mad-elite, drivers like you make me nervous because I have no idea what you're thinking or where you're going. What if I look down to grab my coffee while you zip in front of me and hit the brakes? This is bad news for both of us.

The guy in the SUV is an *** for doing what he did, but I can empathize with how he felt.

Old 09-23-2009, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
I guess you are wanting rep for this? fail

Old 09-23-2009, 03:27 PM
5 Year Member
There are varying degrees of "lane-zipping."

I beleive in utilizing the full extent of a 3+ lane highway, especially on slower paced California freeways. That said I think it's important to leave a safe distance between you and the car you're about to get in front of. My driving instructor from about 10 years ago taught us that it's safe to move in front of a car when you can see the entire car in your rear view mirror. Or in the case of semi trucks, both headlights. That's the rule I follow, as well as signaling in advance of lane changes and changing lanes smoothly instead of abruptly.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
I hate when people zip threw traffic like there some kind of bad ass. You probable hit a nerve with the guy when you did that so he engaged to try and show you up. I do admit though the whole cutting oyu off in the lot was pretty weak. Also keying some ones car is the BIGGEST bitch move a person could make. If you have a problem with a person confront them or drop it. Don't be a bitch and key another mans car.

Old 09-23-2009, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
i agree.. there are people who do it but in a "safe manner" as you will and others who aimlessly do it, steering very sharply. you can tell which is which very easily.

Old 09-23-2009, 04:20 PM
The guy was just mad cause he didnt trade his van for a fit!

Zip Zip Zip all you like. Its a fit, its meant for traffic. Thats why honda invented "S" mode and paddle shifters!

Last edited by yoda_97; 09-23-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:30 PM
First of all i wouldnt come on this site bragging of wanting to KEY someones car.. Just makes you look look like some street thug taking nonsense and did you ever hear of KARMA.. Not too bright!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Picking a fight with the fit, well, if hes in a bigger vehicle he's most likely going to win any sort of physical confrontation you get in :P

And the whole lane weaving thing, if your doing it like an ass, expect to get treated like an ass.

I drive in some of the most craptacular traffic in Orlando, FL and I understand the need/want to get in front of someone thats doing 50 in a 65 while sitting in the fast lane, but just be patient and courteous, theres no need to piss off 30 other drivers on the way in to work/school in the morning.

And MNfit has got it locked down about keying another mans car... bitch move man, bitch move...

Old 09-23-2009, 04:50 PM
5 Year Member
OP Probably wasn't using turn signals which is my number one pet peeve. Zipping in and out of cars usually means barely squeezing your vehicle in front of another. And if you can barely squeeze a FIT... No car should go there.

In general KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS... Zipping in and out of traffic means you are passing on the right, which in every state I know of, is illegal.

One of the greatest things I saw was in sicily and I hear this is common in other parts of Europe. When you are flying along the freeway and someone is in your lane (you're in the left lane) and you want them to move over, you put on your left blinker 1/4 mile behind them and... VOILA!!! they move over before you get there.

Sounds like the OP has a bit of an attitude and a bit of growing up to do.

~SB

Quick Reply: Picking a fight with the Fit