2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

09 Honda Fit Sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Exclamation 09 Honda Fit Sport

Just got an 09 fit sport black. Needless to say (but i will still) i love it.
I can get going pretty quick but then after that it takes time to get my speed up what can i add to make me go faster quicker. As you can tell by my lack of automotive terms im a bit new to the world of adding things to a car. i have always owned a rust bucket and now i finally got a good car that id like to make my own.

I would also like to add some exterior things, any suggestions?

What are some things i can do to keep my car from getting dusty? i live up in the desert and the inside and outside get covered with dust pretty quick.

Thanks in advance
-Reece

Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Regarding your keeping your car clean, buy a quality car cover and a California duster. You have the most difficult color to keep clean. The duster should be used every time it's dusty and especially before putting the cover on it. The duster is used to gently lift the dust off by flicking the duster over the car. After dusting a good detailer spray and Micro fiber towels will help keep it clean between washing.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
1) Do a search. Any available mods have been talked about a lot. Intake and exhaust are your best bet. IMO personally you have an eco box car, unless your putting major $ in the engine (or replacing the engine) your not going to have a fast car. Enjoy the good mpg and fun nimble handling this car provides.

2) Good luck with black. I had a 01 Acura CL-S before I bought the Fit. It was Night Hawk Black Pearl. It was the first and last time I will ever buy a black car. I would wash it and 5 minutes later it was dusty. The best thing I can say is keep a nice coat of wax or polish to keep the dust from sticking to the paint.

3) Exterior mods...since your in the desert I would recommend tint. I did 35% tint all around and love it. Makes the fish bowl look go away.

Good luck and enjoy the new car

Last edited by Committobefit08; 10-28-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:01 PM
I saw the california duster at the dealership while i was waiting, they wanted 25 bucks but i wasnt sure how well it worked. Ill go ahead and shop around on that item.

Im not looking to have a speed demon, but id like to have something can accelerate pretty quickly. Ill look into the suggested mods.

Any particular polish suggestions?

And, it came tinted (except the front 2 windows, like wtf?) but ill look into getting all tinted, thanks!

any is blacking out the lights illegal in ca?

Thanks for your input everyone

Old 10-28-2009, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Reece
I saw the california duster at the dealership while i was waiting, they wanted 25 bucks but i wasnt sure how well it worked. Ill go ahead and shop around on that item.

Im not looking to have a speed demon, but id like to have something can accelerate pretty quickly. Ill look into the suggested mods.

Any particular polish suggestions?

And, it came tinted (except the front 2 windows, like wtf?) but ill look into getting all tinted, thanks!

any is blacking out the lights illegal in ca?

Thanks for your input everyone
I apply my polish with my Portal Cable 7424. I use and love Poli-seal polish and seal it with Opti-seal. Both are really easy to apply and protect very well. Be sure to clay bar before had to remove any contaminant's on the paint.

www.Autogeek.net

Last edited by Committobefit08; 10-28-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Reece,

I linked a thread on here regarding detailing, Phil at Detailers Domain is a detailer and a supplier of detailing supplies. Phil can answer any of your questions and will have any supplies you need at great prices. Best of luck.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rs-domain.html

Old 10-28-2009, 10:44 PM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
wow the dessert thats nuts. my college area was farmland and i hated how fast my car got dirty

Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have an automatic? If you haven't yet, throw it in sport mode and paddle shift.

Surprise awaits

Just be careful not to push it too hard if your new car has low mileage. But there's some zip to be unzipped in sport mode.

Dan

Old 10-28-2009, 11:39 PM
I have been skeptical about using them because i dont want to screw up and cause any damage, i have read the manual about the paddle shifters 2 times and tonight read 2 threads on it and think i can handle it, so ill try it out tomorrow.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:56 PM
5 Year Member
Black is hard to keep clean - but very nice when it is "clean"... loved my black car - but too much work...

Old 10-29-2009, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
lol, black. clean? LOL hahah my car has been dirty for over a month =[