2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Look HID's

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 10:13 PM
OEM Look HID's

Look at this unique Honda Fit Review by a news station in Seattle. It takes place in a parking garage. I noticed that the headlights are HID with LED license plate lights. You can see that the lights are not in projectors yet they seem to be properly aimed.

YouTube - DRIVE Honda Fit Sport

look at 1:20 if you're lazy, but this review is not bland and by Tom Voelk who apparently gets emmys for reviewing cars lol

Old 11-05-2009, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
It would have been a perfect time to test it in winter conditions outside.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:22 PM
no HID or LED. the camera's white balance is off, that's all.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 AM
^^ +1 I agree.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by mtunofun
Look at this unique Honda Fit Review by a news station in Seattle. It takes place in a parking garage. I noticed that the headlights are HID with LED license plate lights. You can see that the lights are not in projectors yet they seem to be properly aimed.

YouTube - DRIVE Honda Fit Sport

look at 1:20 if you're lazy, but this review is not bland and by Tom Voelk who apparently gets emmys for reviewing cars lol
If you want a cheap HID look get some Noyka arctic white stage 1 bulbs. I have them and they are the closest look to HID's and they are cheap. ~$25. Plus the road lights up alot better than the crappy stock yellowish bulbs.

They go great with my LED Fogs and LED parking lights.

Last edited by Committobefit08; 11-10-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Where did you get your bulbs, including the LEDs?

Old 11-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Old 11-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the links!

Old 11-17-2009, 05:51 PM
did u had to change any cables so they don't get burn? or does the factory cables are ok?

Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by epijimenez
did u had to change any cables so they don't get burn? or does the factory cables are ok?
The stage 1 pull the same power as the stock bulbs so there is no need to change any cables.

If you buy the stage 2 (which pull more power) then upgrading the cables would be recommended. Risk of melting of the light housing is another risk with the stage 2's. In my opinion just buy the stage 1's they are great and plug and play.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:29 PM
thanks...

why did you choose to put this bulbs instead of going for the HD? Price?
If you had the money would you have gone with HID?

Old 11-18-2009, 06:26 AM
thanks...

why did you choose to put this bulbs instead of going for the HD? Price?
If you had the money would you have gone with HID?
illegal and don't disperse light correctly...to name a few.
I get blinded weekly by idiots with HID aftermarket kits that don't aim theirs correctly and/or don't have projectors to disperse the light properly.

Now if an aftermarket HID projector kit comes out later...I might jump on that.
I do love HID's. Have them in my tsx and had them in my CL-S. Just a better lighting system imo.

For $25 the Nokya's are a good alternative though.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Committobefit08
There are a number of sites and even a forum member or two (or was that at another forum?) that do the retrofits.

It ain't cheap, but until Honda officially makes a HID projector housing for the Fit, there really aren't any other aftermarket alternatives for it. Well, the reason I say it's not cheap is because I think it would be a good idea to buy a pair of OEM headlights to work on, that way, your car isn't out of commission while the headlight is being retrofitted and if you mess up, you still have a pair working in the car.

Oh, that forum user is here on FitFreak.net

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rojectors.html

Last edited by Goobers; 11-18-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
There are a number of sites and even a forum member or two (or was that at another forum?) that do the retrofits.

It ain't cheap, but until Honda officially makes a HID projector housing for the Fit, there really aren't any other aftermarket alternatives for it. Well, the reason I say it's not cheap is because I think it would be a good idea to buy a pair of OEM headlights to work on, that way, your car isn't out of commission while the headlight is being retrofitted and if you mess up, you still have a pair working in the car.

Oh, that forum user is here on FitFreak.net

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rojectors.html
Yes I was aware of this. He did an excellent retrofit. . I agree with your aftermarket statement...I'm not holding my breathe for aftermarket alternatives. That's why I'm sticking to my cheap Nokya's. I have other things I'd rather spend money on right now.

Old 11-25-2009, 09:29 PM
illegal and don't disperse light correctly...to name a few.
I get blinded weekly by idiots with HID aftermarket kits that don't aim theirs correctly and/or don't have projectors to disperse the light properly.

I do love HID's. Have them in my tsx and had them in my CL-S. Just a better lighting system imo.

For $25 the Nokya's are a good alternative though.
thanks! i will go for the Nokya's for now, cause of the price

few questions...
Did u found any problems with the Nokya's and daytime running lights?
Are the Nokya's brighter than the original ones?
In superbrightleds.com they have 3 7443 bulbs styles, which one did u use for your brake lights?
-3Watt LX3 series: 1 x 3Watt Luxeon LED 130 degree beam
-9 x 5mm LEDs, 6 x 3mm Radially Mounted LEDs, 35 degree beam
-HP3 series: 3 x 6 chip SMD LEDs, 180 degree beam

I read the info on LED lights for cars, it seems I need to buy them in Red, is that correct? or should i go with the White ones?

little note: I had a good experience with superbrithleds.com, buying my interior lights.

Last edited by epijimenez; 11-25-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:00 PM
5 Year Member
i'm not sure exactly what this says, but i do see 'HID' in the description of this official honda fit accessory on honda.co.jp

Old 11-27-2009, 02:19 PM
thanks! i will go for the Nokya's for now, cause of the price

few questions...
Did u found any problems with the Nokya's and daytime running lights?
Are the Nokya's brighter than the original ones?
In superbrightleds.com they have 3 7443 bulbs styles, which one did u use for your brake lights?
-3Watt LX3 series: 1 x 3Watt Luxeon LED 130 degree beam
-9 x 5mm LEDs, 6 x 3mm Radially Mounted LEDs, 35 degree beam
-HP3 series: 3 x 6 chip SMD LEDs, 180 degree beam

I read the info on LED lights for cars, it seems I need to buy them in Red, is that correct? or should i go with the White ones?

little note: I had a good experience with superbrithleds.com, buying my interior lights.
I disabled my day time running lights so I don't know of any problems. I had PIAA lights before and ran my drl's and had no problems.
I think they are brighter mostly because it's a whiter light. They don't pull any more wattage so of course no more actually light is there but I personally think you can see more with the whiter light.
I didn't switch out my tails bulbs so sorry I can't help you with that. I have the jdm non led tails.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:34 PM
I disabled my day time running lights so I don't know of any problems. I had PIAA lights before and ran my drl's and had no problems.
I think they are brighter mostly because it's a whiter light. They don't pull any more wattage so of course no more actually light is there but I personally think you can see more with the whiter light.
I didn't switch out my tails bulbs so sorry I can't help you with that. I have the jdm non led tails.
heyy!! I got my Nokyas installed today! they look awesome!! thanks as far from the DRL, they work just fine!! The only issue that I have (it may not even be a problem) is that i found the passenger bulb to be a little more brighter than the driver side... is not that huge of a difference, but it can be noted.. i will try tomorrow to switch them (passenger bulb to the driver bulb, and vice-versa) to see if there's any problem with the bulb or it's just me.. :S

Old 12-03-2009, 10:17 PM
heyy!! I got my Nokyas installed today! they look awesome!! thanks as far from the DRL, they work just fine!! The only issue that I have (it may not even be a problem) is that i found the passenger bulb to be a little more brighter than the driver side... is not that huge of a difference, but it can be noted.. i will try tomorrow to switch them (passenger bulb to the driver bulb, and vice-versa) to see if there's any problem with the bulb or it's just me.. :S
Good glad your happy. That's weird though if they are different color. Mine are exactly the same. You might just have a faulty one (which it might not be really faulty..but just slightly more/less gas inside) For the cheap price you can always buy another set and use the extra set as back up.
Yea I put my drl fuse back in to see what they looked like with the Nokya's. I didn't like them. I pulled the fuse again. Whenever its a gloomy day and it looks like I might need DRL's for other cars I just flip on my LED parking lights and go on my way.

Old 12-08-2009, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Great thread. Subscribed. I purchased the Silverstar bulbs from Autozone that say they put out 4300K in the color spectrum. They are OK but not real happy with them. Still kind of dull, especially when next to a car that has HID on the road. Bought them for the fog lights too. Silverstar is also twice the price so I'm glad to know about the Noyka's and read proof that they don't draw any more power than stock nor put out excessive heat that would risk damage to the housing.

One thing I'm still looking in to is how to remove those annoying yellow parking light bulbs. I disconnected the connector to them so they are off but they are still visable.

I had stealth bulbs already for the turn signals from another car so those are mirror finish and took away the yellow in the housing.

I was going to take out the fuse for the DRLs too since there's no way to get them to appear white during the day, always a dull yellow/orange and I would rather just not have them on.

Keeping the parking lights on once I know how to replace the bulbs may be the way to go. Maybe it's simple to remove them but I haven't really looked yet and I've had my car less than a month.

Quick Reply: OEM Look HID's