2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fits were everywhere!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Fits were everywhere!

I went to a local bike (motorcycle) show and there was a safety booth that had 2 machines that tested your riding skills. You had handlebars, brakes, shifter, starter, turn signals, high/low beams, etc.. and a computer screen in front of you. The object was to travel in various scenarios and handle various obstacles.

As I am riding, I noticed that the majority of the cars were Fits. I spoke to the instructor about it afterwards and he said he isn't familiar with the Fit but wouldn't be surprised since the machine is built by Honda!

Old 01-09-2010, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
I went to Starbucks today to get a coffee for a coworker and saw TWO blue GD sports parked within 5 spots of eachother. If there was an empty spot between them I'd park there and declare it a Fit car show, but I had to get back to work quick. It was awesome...

Old 01-09-2010, 09:14 PM
5 Year Member
In August 09 I got my Fit and it felt like I was the only one who had one in my area. Currently, it's all over the place! I did a road trip NYE and saw dozens of them- seriously. I even parked right next to an identicle one of mine the other night at the food store. THAT was a trip, and I made a point of waiting for the other owner to come out and have a friendly chat.

The Fit is all over now- even in saftely booths! Haha!

I liked it better when I was one of a chosen few. Why does EVERYBODY always have to eventually catch on.

Dan

Old 01-09-2010, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
All of sudden, they are everywhere in my area. They come in all colors, both base and sport models, but I'd say the sports edge out the bases. I remember seeing the first few when the gas prices spiked a while back. They were quite rare at the time. I got a hold of a guy in the parking lot of the super market to ask him about his and he started raving about the car and how much he loved it. So I checked it out right after that and it has been right at the top of my car shopping list until I finally snagged one recently.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:53 PM
5 Year Member
They come in all colors, both base and sport models, but I'd say the sports edge out the bases
I've noticed this too.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Cap
5 Year Member
there are many fits in my region but the hatchback yaris outnumbers them like 5 to 1.

i looked at a yaris but the tiny amount of rear cargo space was a big issue for me. the fit also has more comfortable seats.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
I had to make mine a little more original after this woman started doing 20+ over the speed limit and took the same route I took to work at the same time I did. Seeing as she drove the exact same color and model as mine I didn't want the cops to think it was me. Though I have to admit out of all the econoboxes I see around town, the Fit has to be the least popular. I see ALOT more Scions and Yarises than Fits....

Old 01-10-2010, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Around here the Nissan Versa is king. They're all over the place. That, and the Prius.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:17 PM
5 Year Member

This is about a week after I got my car from CarMax. This is at World Buffet in West Covina, CA when I was still stock.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:38 PM
You can thank Cash 4 Clunkers as a big part of Fits coming into the picture. The mere fact that the gas mileage is high on these was a big factor. I know thats when I got mine, but then again no one else was going to give me $4,600 ($4,500 + $100 scrap value) for the '94 Blazer I was rocking. Once the Civics and CR-Vs were gone the next best thing was the Fit.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cowboy_Fit
You can thank Cash 4 Clunkers as a big part of Fits coming into the picture. The mere fact that the gas mileage is high on these was a big factor. I know thats when I got mine, but then again no one else was going to give me $4,600 ($4,500 + $100 scrap value) for the '94 Blazer I was rocking. Once the Civics and CR-Vs were gone the next best thing was the Fit.
That's when I got my Fit too. $4,500 for a 1988 Lincoln Towncar with no A/C, leaked power steering fluid, intermittent complete loss of brakes, no high beams, and no radio just to name a few things. Yup...I jumped on it!

Old 01-12-2010, 09:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hogwylde
That's when I got my Fit too. $4,500 for a 1988 Lincoln Towncar with no A/C, leaked power steering fluid, intermittent complete loss of brakes, no high beams, and no radio just to name a few things. Yup...I jumped on it!
Well I hope you clunker-trade-in guys enjoy your Fits, -seeing as how I helped pay for them?!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Chazzlee
Well I hope you clunker-trade-in guys enjoy your Fits, -seeing as how I helped pay for them?!
Oh snap!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
Seeing as we'll all be paying them off for a long time. I think it was funny that some people used old mail trucks for the cash for clunkers thing, along with a lambo, maserati and a few other rare cars.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Well, if they used lambos, maseratis, and other rare cars, they most likely got taken because the dealership could easily sell those for a profit and take them in for $4,500.

Hogwyld: you should have gotten an additional amount on top of the $4,500 because of the scrap value. The law/program states you get the $3,500 or $4,500 PLUS the scrap value of the vehicle. I know it most likely happened at nearly every dealer, but I know for a fact my dealership was giving the additional $100.

Chazzlee: I am also paying for all of them, too. Everyone, whether you participated or not, is paying for all the money used. I decided to participate, is that such a bad thing?

Old 01-12-2010, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chazzlee
I don't feel bad for a variety of reasons.

I've been gainfully employed and paying taxes for over 30 years. When do my taxes come into play? Where do my taxes go? If our government is "offering" (sic) money that directly benefits the people of this country as opposed to the citizens paying higher and higher taxes and getting nothing in return - I'm all for it!

My opinion is only the people who didn't qualify for the C4C program are the ones who were against it.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:32 PM
I don't think there are many more Fits in the Phoenix area, since the dealers just don't carry many. They are pushing high profit Accords. I do notice them more, but that is just because I have one, and love it. My 5 yr old grandson was in my Solstice the other day, which he loves to be in when the top is down. He looked at me and asked if I would buy him a Fit when he is old enough to drive. I asked if he liked the Solstice, and he said yes, but he really wants a Fit. Surprised the hell out of me!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:10 AM
Fits are everywhere in AUSTIN! I parked and as I was walking in HEB i see one behind me,4 down the same isle and one was passing the front of the store. ( I say FIT! everytime I see one) so i was starting to get tired of saying FIT FIT FIT FIT!

Old 01-13-2010, 02:13 AM
Cap
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by citabria7
I don't think there are many more Fits in the Phoenix area, since the dealers just don't carry many. They are pushing high profit Accords. I do notice them more, but that is just because I have one, and love it. My 5 yr old grandson was in my Solstice the other day, which he loves to be in when the top is down. He looked at me and asked if I would buy him a Fit when he is old enough to drive. I asked if he liked the Solstice, and he said yes, but he really wants a Fit. Surprised the hell out of me!

perhaps he senses your love of it and associates it as being the better car because if grandpa thinks it's awsome, then it must be!

Old 01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Cap...could be. He realy likes the "secret" box under the rear seat. He played the Fit video game on the Honda web site. I had to make him a SuperBolt to keep in the compartment