General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Other Fits on the road

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Other Fits on the road

I'm just curious if anyone had this yet. I see a few Fits on the road. When I get along side of one, I try to give the thumbs up like hell yeah. Of all the Fits that I pass going in the same direction, there are very little people in the other Fits who acknowledge back. It is me or is it them who are smug about it. When I see another Fit on the road, I am amazed because we as Fit drivers know how rare they are.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Retired Moderator
Ive seen a dude a few times in a blue Fit and we both give each other thumbs up! Buts its only happened with one person..Part of it is because you dont see many Fits on the road so you dont have many chances..

Old 09-15-2007, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
I don't want to be shot...

Old 09-16-2007, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
Yea for some reason you don't see many fits in socal driving around, but i guess it depends on the age group in my opinion. For example, teenagers and 20's are pretty nice and wave back to me, but when it comes to the older groups they get confused and ignore you in fear. Only happened to me once though. And yes you will get shot in canada if you connect with the locals because i heard canada is full of fits . jk gummyrabbit.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:55 AM
C_O
in the San Fernando Valley, i usually see chicks driving fits. when i try to give them a thumbs up or the peace sign, they think i'm trying to spit game or something ... i waive to every fit owner i see. young or old, i have yet to receive acknowledgement.

a friend of mine is in a scion Tc group, they have a "signature waive." maybe us fit freak members should have our own waive as well??

C_O

Old 09-16-2007, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
Its pretty much the same thing here, I always look and smile at other Jazz drivers, but they dont ever respond. Its also an age group thing, there are mostly older people with kids driving Jazz's over here, so you definitely get funny looks if you try be friendly with them. There is this one silver jazz down the road from my house, who likes to try keep up with me, but I dont think his wife approves, so he usually backs off soon after the chase. Jazz's are popular and plenty over here, so its nothing new to see tons of them on the road.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
You get chicks driving around up there, man you lucky I get old ppl down here in Orange County. LoL

Originally Posted by C_O
in the San Fernando Valley, i usually see chicks driving fits. when i try to give them a thumbs up or the peace sign, they think i'm trying to spit game or something ... i waive to every fit owner i see. young or old, i have yet to receive acknowledgement.

a friend of mine is in a scion Tc group, they have a "signature waive." maybe us fit freak members should have our own waive as well??

C_O

Old 09-16-2007, 04:55 PM
in Seattle

My finace and I are still in the "we love our new car" phase (one month old), so we defiantly spot and wave to every other Fit we see. It'd say we get smiles back about 75 % of the time, and waves back about 15% of the time.

The best Fit friend experience was once when we were coming back to the car, and saw a guy who had a couple of flyers for a concert walking down the street, walking past all the cars. It looked like he had been doing this for a while, but was down to just a few flyers left, and was heading back somewhere to get more. Anyways, he was walking pretty quickly, and stopped dead in his tracks as he came up to our Fit, put one of his remaining flyers under the wiper, and then walked on passing up all the other cars on the street!

About an hour later when we were leaving, we actually saw the same guy drive off in a Silver Fit!

Old 09-16-2007, 05:20 PM
i hate the "micro-wave"...90% of scion owners do it, and its catching on to other micro owners as well...its an epidemic that needs to be stopped...

if old people/hippies/yuppies/idiots/ricers with a micro wave to me, or give thumbs up, i usually don't acknowledge...or i'll throw out the thumbs down...i didn't buy my fit to be friends with every idiot on the road...especially the ones that have their cars "customized" at or by the dealer...its taseless and a waste of cash imho...i will however throw a nod to a fellow honda tuner with a clean, tastefully modded car...

and fyi our cars aren't that rare, they will catch up just like xb's...i don't go around with ZOMG MY TAFFETA WHITE/BEIGE COMBO IS THE RAREST OF RARE!!!...thats just silly...

feel free to flame away at my opinion...

Last edited by Whitehybrid; 09-16-2007 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
well i've seen many other fit owners, and most of them are hot girls ... some say i love your car the other just flash there high beams lol ( which is cool) but other then that i have not been shot yet

Old 09-17-2007, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
i've always gotten pointed at by other fit drivers. it still amuses me 8 months after getting the car

and i always see guys driving them, younger or older. i seem to be the only female with a fit in the area and don't want to appear too friendly

Old 09-17-2007, 10:10 AM
HAHA!! i had a blue Fit driving behind me the other day and gave him the thumbs up. he thought i was hitting on him!! he pulled up alongside me and slipped me a piece of paper with his phone #!!!

Old 09-17-2007, 10:27 AM
I like the idea of waving to other Fit drivers. It would be nice if it would grow to the likes of Jeep CJ/TJ/YJs waving to each other.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
I've seen a bunch of then, never bothered waving though.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:08 PM
I got passed by a tw fit so I sped up to them and waved they waved i mainly see fits when driving the wifes CRV thus cannot wave

Old 09-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Yep I have seen only 2 other fits in the motor city, both waved.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I think FIT drivers are more conservative type, when I had my Jeep I wave to every Jeep owners and receive back no matter how old or what gender the owner is. When I had my EP3 only teenager and tuner wave back at me, now Fit owners won't even look for other FIT on the street...

Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM
5 Year Member
I have yet to have a fellow fitter give me a wave back. Most of the dudes I have seen are really old and crabby. I mean....I am 43....so I am not some young punk...but comeon! Lighten up old men!

Old 09-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I saw "fit_2_fcuk" today on the road. I was coming home from Coggin Honda after visiting a friend and saw him in traffic. MR with black housings. Knew it was him.

I rarely get a response back from other Fit owners. Maybe its because were both thinking "Whos going to make the first move?" You know?
I think Im going to start blowing my air horns at other Fits. Maybe Ill get a response...

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 09-17-2007 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm a nice person, but I don't think that I will be waving to other people just because they have a similar car. Sorry. Maybe that kind of thing is only popular with motocycle riders.

Quick Reply: Other Fits on the road