Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   2nd Generation (GE 08-13) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/)
-   -   LHD / USDM Climate control conversion? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/52419-lhd-usdm-climate-control-conversion.html)

connor55 04-13-2013 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by connor55 (Post 1175146)

Originally Posted by pocky (Post 1175148)
Omg yes!!!

That website also has a few more of them (blue) in LHD. Theyre all selling for around 250.. compare that to 1300 ish brand new!

so if anyone else plans to do this, there you go! :)

the one i posted from finland above is orange. so i wont buy the control unit, but i can still use the rest of the parts!

pocky 04-15-2013 08:44 PM

Ok I must be stupid, but I tried to google that name. Can't find the website.

Got a link?

SieGunso 04-15-2013 11:27 PM

subbed! and good luck with this awesome DIY!

connor55 04-16-2013 12:09 AM

Whoops my bad, i shouldve posted a link. it was really hard to find this, so im not surprised google didnt turn it up. i had to use google.se to find it!

Bildelsbasen.se - Used auto / car parts

that should be in english, they have two 2009 units and one 2012 one. Im about to buy the 2012 one..so DIBs!! :P trying to see if i can negotiate the price as they want 100 bucks for shipping :/

they dont have access to the rest of the car.. but they could have other honda jazzes. if not theres that jazz i found earlier from finland, or i could just source a RHD wire harness and buy the rest of the stuff new!

either way, itll work out.. this stuff moves slow cause they're usually only open while we sleep, so we can only do one email a day... time to play the waiting game

connor55 04-16-2013 02:54 PM

Just ordered the item pictured above from them. The final price was 1800 SEK with shipping included. That's about 280 bucks with shipping.. Not bad considering new is 1350 + shipping.

..They've got 2 more left!

.. Also I've managed to finally get in touch with an english-speaking contact at the junkyard in Finland. This is getting closer to finally happening!

ampete04 04-16-2013 10:06 PM

Awesome. Good luck man.

Phantisy 04-17-2013 11:46 PM

Any idea if this will work with the Honda remote start auto heating and cooling feature?

clownassasin 04-17-2013 11:53 PM

If you can pull this off, I'll most certainly be next in line to do this swap!

connor55 04-18-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Phantisy (Post 1175974)
Any idea if this will work with the Honda remote start auto heating and cooling feature?

Are you talking about the fit ev one? I don't have the service manual for the fit ev, but I would say it doesn't work with that. This is because 1) the only data communication the climate control unit has is through the b-can, and 2) there would need to be some sort of add-on module to speak directly to the CCU.

You should try to find out if Honda simply added on an external unit for this feature in EV. Would be nice to have for those that want it.

@clownassasin

Don't worry, this is definitely happening ;)

Phantisy 04-18-2013 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by connor55 (Post 1176043)
Are you talking about the fit ev one? I don't have the service manual for the fit ev, but I would say it doesn't work with that. This is because 1) the only data communication the climate control unit has is through the b-can, and 2) there would need to be some sort of add-on module to speak directly to the CCU.

You should try to find out if Honda simply added on an external unit for this feature in EV. Would be nice to have for those that want it.

@clownassasin

Don't worry, this is definitely happening ;)

Well I am interested in this mod myself. I installed the OEM remote start kit which is for more than just our FITs. A feature of the remote start is it will auto cool and heat (depending on the temp inside the car) when you start it if the car has auto climate controls. I have no idea how it works. Just interested in if it is possible to get it working. I will try to do some research on this but I have no clue where to begin.

connor55 04-18-2013 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Phantisy (Post 1176181)
Well I am interested in this mod myself. I installed the OEM remote start kit which is for more than just our FITs. A feature of the remote start is it will auto cool and heat (depending on the temp inside the car) when you start it if the car has auto climate controls. I have no idea how it works. Just interested in if it is possible to get it working. I will try to do some research on this but I have no clue where to begin.

hmm if its made by honda then it might actually have a good chance of working...
id start with asking honda how this unit communicates/connects with the climate control unit.

let me know what they say.

connor55 04-26-2013 11:59 PM

I just made an interesting discovery regarding the parts.

apparently the RHD has the same servo part numbers as the LHD. in addition to this, the sensors are the same part numbers, as well as the sub harnesses and power transistor.

I will try to confirm next week if these are really the same from the car breaker in the UK. If they turn out to be the same, this would open a lot of doors for being able to find cheap parts. it seems to be a lot easier to find "RHD" parts for this online than the LHD ones.

Lets hope theyre really the same.

Btw, my climate control display assembly is now in canada! should get it in less than a week.

gold-civic 05-01-2013 02:58 PM

Honda is like LEGO, but you have to find the right stones. :nod:

connor55 05-03-2013 01:18 AM

Lol, except there are no instructions and the parts are on the other side of the world :P

ck42 05-03-2013 09:17 AM

Sub'd!!
Seriously hope this works!!

connor55 05-06-2013 10:07 PM

Well, after being stuck in customs for a week. My ACC unit has finally changed hands to FedEx, and will be here on Friday!

I've given up on the Finland guys cause they only reply about once a week, I've basically been sitting here for a month trying to get solid replies from them.
so here's where I'm at with all of this:

Getting the wire harnesses and connectors plus sensors from the UK. Will order in the next week or so.

The motors and and blower unit I was trying to get from Finland, but have decided to give in and buy new from lings. Will order when funds allow, so probably won't have all the parts till the end of the month.

connor55 05-09-2013 06:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Big update guys.... It's here!!

Attachment 19713

Attachment 19714

Attachment 19715

cfran55 05-09-2013 09:41 PM

dang that looks awesome cant wait till you get this done and a diy!

i always wanted one in the 4th gen prelude but i was definitely hesitant on taking apart the spaceship

FitStir 05-10-2013 01:06 PM

Looks good connor55.... been following your progress for a little while now.

Can't wait for your complete detailed DIY.... I kinda want it just for that side mirror/rear defog logo... will go great with my heated mirrors when I install them. :nod:

Thats a single or dual zone climate control?

djakarta 05-10-2013 01:26 PM

Oh my yes!!!! Finally, waiting for the DEtailed DIY. All thebest connor with your conversion!!!