2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Fit for a Driving Instructor

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Talking 2010 Fit for a Driving Instructor

Hey there Fit community! This is my first Japanese car and I'll be picking it up in a week. I'm a new driving instructor at Young Drivers Canada and I chose this car as opposed to the typical Toyota Yaris. I like the Fit better in terms of looks and comfort. I read a lot of reviews and it seems I made a good choice *crosses fingers*. Will post pics when I get it in a week.

Here is my other car. I didn't want to teach in it so I needed the Fit. 2008 Cobalt SS Turbo.

Name:  DSC01950.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  115.0 KB
Name:  DSC01652.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  58.4 KB
Stock Dyno: 239whp 253wtq
Name:  DSC02207.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  46.4 KB

My best stock 1/4mile run: 13.66@104mph
YouTube - Stock Cobalt SS/TC 1/4 Mile

Thanks for looking!

Old 02-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Is there an unannounced hatred for Cobalts on this site or something? lol. I just heard back from Honda and they have set up the finance through TD. Picking up the car on Saturday *excited*.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MARIN007
Is there an unannounced hatred for Cobalts on this site or something?
GM, or perhaps American cars in general. Well, pretty much anything that falls apart, stops running, or generally wears out prematurely.

Though I have to say Ford products are looking pretty good lately, and you have to wonder about the QA department over at Toyota.

Personally, I would have chosen the cheapest model Yaris for a driving instructor car if I was buying new. But I would have likely gone used, probably an older civic.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
I have a copy of your engine in the garage except it's installed in a pontiac.

I don't think people realize they're looking at a 260HP compact car. Or if they do they're not impressed by power (and thus the decision to buy a Fit). I'm straddling the fence on this one. You gotta get the GMPP factory tune, or any tune, but the factory tune keeps you under warranty.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by mike2100
GM, or perhaps American cars in general. Well, pretty much anything that falls apart, stops running, or generally wears out prematurely.

Though I have to say Ford products are looking pretty good lately, and you have to wonder about the QA department over at Toyota.

Personally, I would have chosen the cheapest model Yaris for a driving instructor car if I was buying new. But I would have likely gone used, probably an older civic.
Trust me, I'm sick of GM too. When my SS is without problems, I love it to death. It's been good for about 5 months straight now. *crosses fingers*

I agree with you about getting a used car, the problem is, to work for YD you must start with a car that is no older than 2 years and must have less than 40,000 kms on it. You are allowed to teach with any vehicle until it is 5 years old, at which point you must get something newer.

Originally Posted by Steve244
I have a copy of your engine in the garage except it's installed in a pontiac.

I don't think people realize they're looking at a 260HP compact car. Or if they do they're not impressed by power (and thus the decision to buy a Fit). I'm straddling the fence on this one. You gotta get the GMPP factory tune, or any tune, but the factory tune keeps you under warranty.
lol@gm warranty. After putting 17000kms on my SS, the engine had a problem. Sounded awful, had to tow it to the dealership. The car is and was always completely stock. They said I "abused" it (because they couldn't figure out what was wrong or how to fix it). I hadn't, so I told them to "prove it". About 3 weeks of back and forth between me, the service manager, the dealership manager and finally the district manager, it was finally decided that I was to receive a brand new crate engine under warranty. It took another 2 months before I got my car back because that's when GM was in a slump.

That's just one example of how ridiculous and untrustworthy GM warranty is. Don't get me started on the 3rd set of rear rotors I'm on due to a flaw involving scoring the rotors. The car has 33000kms on it now...

If I get a tune it will be with HP Tuners and I would be fairly conservative with it.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Banned
I respect the Cobalt SS, faster than an EVO MR and Lexus IS F around a race track (forgot which one it was in Car and Driver), and the fastest FF around the Nurburgring ever. I just didn't feel the need to post lol