2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Which fit do I get? And armrests...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Which fit do I get? And armrests...

Hi, first post. I am really interested in getting a fit, but I'm not sure about which fit to get. Here's what I need:

1. Manual transmission with armrests. If I can get away with not getting the sport, that would be great (unless...see below...)

2. Or, could I add armrests to a manual transmission one? From what I've seen on eBay, it seems that you can only add armrests to the automatic transmission ones.

And now, some questions: with the newer Fits, can you still feel every bump on the road? I recently test drove a 2008 Fit with the 14" wheels, and it was pretty bumpy. The newer ones come with 15", and the Sport with 16". Is there a big difference between the 15" and 14"? And the 15" vs. 16" in terms of driving experience?

Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
you can add the honda Accessory armrest to any fit (MT/AT/Base/Sport). There's a few threads on this board about the armrest... a quick search should bring up all the info including install DIY's that you need. (honda says AT only because supposedly the armrest gets in the way of your elbow when shifting... no one here - that I've read - with the armrest agrees with Honda on this one)

The fit has a sportier suspension than most comparative vehicles. if you want a softer ride, Toyota will be more your style. That said, the yaris, IMO, would be a bore to drive. Honda is for "Drivers", Toyota is for "riders". I've got the sport and my previous cars were an Integra GS-R, Integra GS, & Prelude. The GS was the closest ride quality as the GS-R and prelude had tighter suspensions. I like the ride in the fit but you can feel the bumps. In the winter, I avoid the roads with frost heaves but in the summer, I find the curviest roads and dive in... In any condition, it's acceptable to me and the family (wife & a 3.5 yr old).

Don't worry about the 2008 ride quality. Take a '10 out for a spin to see if you like the ride. Take a Tire pressure gauge out and check the tires too so you know what you are testing out.

If you don't need any of the features of the sport, go for the base and save you're money. I wanted to sportier ride, the better stereo (6 spkr with USB), body kit/wing, etc... so the sport made sense for me.

As a side note, a 5MT base will be probably easier to find too.

Welcome to the boards.
~SB