2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Why not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:50 PM
Why not?

I was looking at some of the modifications people have made to thier fits.

Volume controls on the strearing wheel, turn signals in the mirrors, auto retracting mirrors.

And I began to think... why not us? How come they didnt see "fit" to include these options on the american version? I would love to have a smart key/push button start or mirrors with turn signals in them, or the option for a sunroof. I see all these things offered on the Japan version. Makes me a sad panda.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:57 PM
5 Year Member
what about the full glass roof??? i often wonder why half the options that is offered across the board isn't offered here. sometimes very frustrating. something as simple as a fender turn signal would be nice even. bah

we have even less here in cananda then the states does......

at least they have graced us with vtec.

Last edited by sandblasted; 03-12-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Im hoping that some more features get introduced to us through the 2011 model. Still havn't seen any solid information on it.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
USDM Fits w/NAVI do get steering wheel volume controls.

They have to keep costs down for the US market to compete with other small cars. There's extra cost for importing it here so that's why we don't see a lot of the extra features.

Old 03-13-2010, 07:16 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Vanct
USDM Fits w/NAVI do get steering wheel volume controls.

In case he already knows that, Fits in other countries get steering wheel mounted volume controls for the standard audio system, as well as for the navi option.

Regardless of reason, I wonder if it's a way for Honda to make larger profits off of USDM versions without having to give the "extras" other countries get. I mean, it's a little suspicious we can't even get those "extras" here without jumping through hoops in some instances just to acquire them and get them installed. I'd be curious to know the cost of a Fit with Navigation and other "standard features" (features we do not get at all) elsewhere, compared to U.S. cost for our "high-end" navigation model.

I don't know... but I wouldn't be surprised if we in the U.S. pay more in comparison. I could be wrong though.

Old 03-13-2010, 11:53 AM
5 Year Member
As far as I know, a couple Japaneses imported USDM FIT back to Japan. They siad it is cheaper than JDM FIT there.

In my humble opinion, we get a very good deal on the USDM FIT in the US when compare with other countries. Honda limits available models to the US just to keep the cost down.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
All cars cost more or less in their domestic countries.

for instance, hyundais here in the states have better fabric and trim levels than in korea. the higher end models have better trim levels than we have here in the states.

also in japan our fits have several trim levels. skyroof option, RS, custom navi, AWD, leather. they pay more domestic than we do imported because they have more fluff and additions because smaller cars are high volume sellers due to smaller roads and less land.

if the U.S. wasnt such a big country with wide open roads we would also be buying PREMIUM small cars. americans are not willing to pay upwards of 25k in terms of a econobox like the rest of the world.

if you think about it we have it pretty good here in the states. we do not have to pay taxes on lower mpg cars, only gas guzzlers. we dont pay $$$$ per liter on gas. we have wide big roads.

if americans can accept and are willing to pay more and understand a small car as premium efficient transportation device; we will never see such sweet options as the JDM versions have.

Old 03-13-2010, 01:53 PM
5 Year Member
its called $$$ and the fact that well my car is 100% japan so more $...
if it were built in the us then maybe