2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fit sport Steel wheels that fit same tire size as stock rims ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Fit sport Steel wheels that fit same tire size as stock rims ?

I bought my fit sport 09 this winter with winter tires on the stock rims.

When I did proceed to rotate my winter tires
I wanted to buy steel wheels for the next winter. But to my honda dealer said no steel honda wheels are manufatured for that tire size.

In canada where winter tires are mandatory, its rater costly to do not own a second set of wheels since you have to rebalance the tires 2 times a year not counting the fact that it use prematurely the tires. And buying a second set of sport rims is annoying especially when in winter the salt and ice will most likely use them prematurly.

Since I have good winter tires (yokohama ice guard) and I am not making a lot of miles a years, I would like to buy cheap steels wheels for the winter but aparently its not possible according to my dearler.
You guys are aware of this problem or you know a wheel brand that would fit sport tire size ?

Thanks,

Old 04-10-2010, 09:35 PM
5 Year Member
It doesn't snow a lot where I live but I'll bet Tire Rack.com can help you out.

Old 04-10-2010, 09:52 PM
I planned to buy 4 steel rims from a base fit. The other option is to go to tirerack.com and shell out a lot more. Use a tire size calculator on the web if you pick up steel rims from other honda models with the same bolt pattern. The game is in finding the cheapest mass-produced tire size that will fit on any available honda steelie that you may find on your locals craigslist.

Tire size calculator

Old 04-10-2010, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
That sounds better than what I had.... It doesn't snow here and I would have never thought about people selling their old steel wheels on Craig's list.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Thanks for your replies, Ill check those site to see if I can find a wheel set for my tires.

The main problem I have is that I already have the tires, so I must find the wheels that fit the tires and not the other way around.

Old 04-11-2010, 08:04 AM
5 Year Member
Does Canadian Tire have anything? I went with 15" steelies from Honda and winter tires.

You need to buy summer tires? If so why not go for a nice set of aftermarket wheels as well and just leave the snows on the Fit wheels.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sabiokah
I bought my fit sport 09 this winter with winter tires on the stock rims.

When I did proceed to rotate my winter tires
I wanted to buy steel wheels for the next winter. But to my honda dealer said no steel honda wheels are manufatured for that tire size.

In canada where winter tires are mandatory, its rater costly to do not own a second set of wheels since you have to rebalance the tires 2 times a year not counting the fact that it use prematurely the tires. And buying a second set of sport rims is annoying especially when in winter the salt and ice will most likely use them prematurly.

Since I have good winter tires (yokohama ice guard) and I am not making a lot of miles a years, I would like to buy cheap steels wheels for the winter but aparently its not possible according to my dearler.
You guys are aware of this problem or you know a wheel brand that would fit sport tire size ?

Thanks,
hmmm. I'm willing to bet there are some 16 steelies from some other Honda that will fit I'll check with my parts guy at Honda as that just doesn't sound right. I like Black3sr idea as well just leave them on your stock rims and buy a lighter set of aftermarket rims with tires. I'm also sure Canadian Tire would have some kind of steelies that would fit your car.

If you do decide to go aftermarket I think tire rack is your best choice. If you can drive into the states and get them that`s what I typically do. You will save A LOT of money. My last trip I bought Volks with Continental contact tires and I saved nearly $1000 over buying it in Canada.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:16 AM
5 Year Member
But now we need a passport to go South and back. In the olden days when I lived on the St Lawrence I would just hop across in my boat.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Black3sr
why not go for a nice set of aftermarket wheels as well and just leave the snows on the Fit wheels.
that's what i would do.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
I love Conti Pro Contact tires.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:26 PM
5 Year Member
When I checked, Tire Rack had Nothing Steel that would work on the Fit. annoyed the hell out of me and the local LARGE tire place only could get 15" wheels. I believe one you hit 16" on a car that uses a 4x100 bolt pattern, you are into Alloys. every 16" steel wheel I've seen uses a 5x114 or simliar pattern. we have a VERY weird wheel size for our bolt pattern.

I'd say begin hunting on Craig'slist for some aftermarket 16" alloys that you can slap your winter tires on. they are snow tires... they don't have to be beautiful.

~SB

Old 04-11-2010, 07:53 PM
5 Year Member
Does Canadian Tire have anything? I went with 15" steelies from Honda and winter tires.

You need to buy summer tires? If so why not go for a nice set of aftermarket wheels as well and just leave the snows on the Fit wheels.
The ornery old kid that came up with this post is on the ball... This sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Old 04-13-2010, 05:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
The ornery old kid that came up with this post is on the ball... This sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
I am ornery now eh?

I do like the kid part though. Feeling 100 this morning.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:07 AM
5 Year Member
I am ornery now eh?

I do like the kid part though. Feeling 100 this morning.
Yes You are like an ornery child but in a playful positive way...... Quit focusing on chasing down young women and you wouldn't feel so old. Maybe more like 75 or 80..... I haven't been chasing anything but my dog and I feel 100 too.... The dog and I are communicating well since I got serious about training him and he seems a lot happier and doesn't greet me by pissing on my leg anymore.... Now I have to get him to stop peeing on my wheels.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:51 AM
5 Year Member
LMAO. Well if I could only catch one but then I would need a refresher cousre in what to do with a young one. After I get the rear seats folded in the Fit I kinda forget what happens next.

Hey at least you don't have to bend over to wash those wheels. He is trained to do all four I hope.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
I wish I could get him to clean the wheels but all he does when I have the hose out to wash the car is attack the stream of water that comes out of the nozzle..... He is crazy, he opens his mouth, walks toward the stream and swallows water, gags and coughs and keeps his mouth open while I continue directing water at him..... I thought that would break him of doing that but he loves it.... Border Collies are very intelligent and totally insane.

Old 04-20-2010, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
5 Year Member
tires and wheels

I bought a '10 Fit Sport with the regular M&S tires, in December. Looking for true snow tires, I learned here about the problem you discovered---no steel wheels sized the same as the stock 16" alloys. The solution is to use either inexpensive alloys or steel in size 15", for 175/65 tires for snow. You can find the alloys through TireRack.com, or steel through Honda. The steel wheels were my choice, since alloys were out of stock in January. The slightly narrower, taller 175's are the preferred choice for best traction in the snow, anyway, since they push down into it, rather than "snow-shoeing" on top.

Since you've bought 185/55 tires, you could buy the cheap 16" alloys at TireRack. They appear to be priced at near the price of new Honda steel wheels in 15". If you like the idea of the narrower tire on snow, you'll need to sell the 16" inch snow tires, and get 15" tires.

It wasn't a real tough winter here near Albany, NY, but the Blizzak 15" snows and steel wheels were fine. I just put the summer wheel back on last week.