2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm/keyless entry stock on my Fit 09

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 07:52 PM
Question Alarm/keyless entry stock on my Fit 09

I have a 2009 fit sport (without navigation) it came with a so called alarm/keyless stock from dealer brand Karr, I don't know if it's an alarm and if it's is, it's cheap, a sticker on the glass door says it's an alarm with ignition kill.
I heard many people had the dealer replace this alarm when they purchase their Fit 2009, I kept mine with the interest of upgrading it or replacing the alarm/keyless entry.
I would like your opinion what you did and what I should do, I already got my glass broken within 1 year (didn't steal anything cause nothing was in the glove box) and I leave my car outside.
Thanks in advance

Old 04-28-2010, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
I don't agree with your thought on the alarm. It's more than just an ignition kill. I know this because my family and I were in NYC when my wife wanted to hit a store "real quick" while my son and I stayed in the car. After she was gone too long for my liking, I went looking for her while my 16 y/o son opted to stay in the car listening to his iPod, so I told him not to go anywhere and locked the car.

On my way back to the car, my son saw me and then unlocked and opened the door to ask if I had found mom and the alarm started going off like crazy.

In regards to the broken glass, I too had my glass broken within 3 weeks of buying it but I cannot say if the alarm went off as I was in a movie theater. I can only assume it did.