2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xentec hid kit on my ge8.... =/

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:59 AM
xentec hid kit on my ge8.... =/

so i got my xentec HID kit on, h4 / 9003. why is it that i have to use my high beams in order for it to be on ? or did i just buy the wrong one ? sorry im a noob with lighting and stuff....its bothering me, please help

Old 05-10-2010, 02:51 AM
5 Year Member
are you sure everything is plugged in right? if its not working, make sure everything is where it goes.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:45 AM
5 Year Member
Maybe your car is trying to tell you something about PNP HID kits? It just bugs me that people can't even figure out how to tap the correct wires and mount a ballast let alone understand why they shouldn't be using a PNP kit in the first place.

Anyway: copy/paste from the last thread...

""Sorry but I do this everytime this issue comes up... I see it as my responsibility to warn everyone at least once. Now you can't say nobody warned you

retrofit or stay home.""

I called out a guy once with an old stang at a speedway gas station, I asked him, "If you spent so much money restoring your car and making it look nice why did you buy such cheap lights to blind everyone on the road" His response was: "It's supposed to be like that, its a special plasma arc that makes it shine so bright and all the luxury cars come with them" I thought briefly about explaining projectors vs reflectors to him but at that point I realized he was ignorant beyond saving and just walked away. Honestly, I picture everyone with PNP HID lights as being as ignorant as this fellow. Truth is though alot of times when I pull up to someone with PNP HID lights and look at them it's usually just some urban trash who could, in their words, "give a F$^#"

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 05-10-2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:13 AM
you get 'em. lol.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:36 AM
i think its cause i bought single beam ? i didnt buy the high/low bulb.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:44 AM
5 Year Member
If they are working with the high beams only. You obviously tapped the wrong wires and used the high beam one. It's quite a simple fix you just need to test the wires to see which is getting power with just low beams and connect them that way. If your using a PNP and it's using the stock plugs then obviously it's a shit kit because it's taking power from the wrong source. You need to do some re-wiring and it will be fine.

As the Lyon said HID kits without a projector blind other drivers... just because they are blue and bright does'nt mean they are good. Be considerate to others on the road.

Old 05-10-2010, 11:49 AM
iono, well this is how the kit looks like...

Old 05-10-2010, 12:57 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, that is an HID kit...

Did you cut off the stock plugs to hook up this kit? If you did then you should have tested which wire was getting power from the just the low beams and tested which wire was getting power from the high beams and connected the power from the low beams to the power cables for the ballasts. Something is obviously switched around if it only works with high beams being on.

Old 05-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Ciggy
Yes, that is an HID kit...

Did you cut off the stock plugs to hook up this kit? If you did then you should have tested which wire was getting power from the just the low beams and tested which wire was getting power from the high beams and connected the power from the low beams to the power cables for the ballasts. Something is obviously switched around if it only works with high beams being on.
i didnt cut anything ? it was PnP. it single beam, not high/low. is that the problem or was i suppose to cut something ? i really appreciate you trying to help me, plus rep

Old 05-10-2010, 01:56 PM
5 Year Member
When i put in my retro fit the HID kit I used was'nt really plug and play. I cut off the stock plugs and had my friend who knows what hes doing electrically test which wire he needs the power from and then he connect that to the ballast. If it was a true plug and play kit then the kit is crap. Send it back and tell them they wired something wrong your lights only work when the high beams are in the on position. Order them from somewhere else. I got my kit from wholesalehid.com they are D2S bulbs. They are considered bi-xenon but they only have a single beam the way my high beams work is inside my projector their is a shield directing the light down and not in people faces when I turn on the high beams the shield moves and lets out ALL of the light. But the bulb it self does get brighter.

I hope i helped I really think you should remove the kit and send it back. Tell them it's defective and tell them your problem. Since you did none of the actually wiring your self it's not your fault they arent working correctly.