2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Amazed at the fun value of wifes fit!!

Old 05-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Amazed at the fun value of wifes fit!!

OK im a huge car freak! Ive had everything from 500hp srt-4's to a fully restored 77 vette. I always do the work myself. (I love learning how to and the pride factor) Ive helped friends with sti's nissan 240s and integras and just love all cars. BUT the fit my wife just got has amazed me. I LOVE IT! Very cool car and a BLAST to drive! Now to talk her into letting the mod bug take me away. She did let me tint the qindows the very next day tho hehe

Name:  IMG_0296.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  143.3 KB

Just for refrence this is my current car
Name:  DSC_4378.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  112.2 KB

Old 05-30-2010, 10:15 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
nicecars and welcome to the forum. let the mods begin

Old 05-31-2010, 02:36 AM
why?

I am curious as to why you like the fit so much, being that it sounds like you are quite experienced in owning various cars...

I know that for me, one of the great things is the view out of the windshield. You don't feel like you are in a tiny car....

Old 05-31-2010, 06:34 AM
It actually handles pretty well. The paddle shifters are a fun factor that usually comes in cars 40k+. Its not a fast car per say but it def has a "zippy" feel. I actually really like the looks and can picture it on coilovers with a nice set of rims and maybe a cf hood too.when u start adding all those things up then look at the price its a really good fun to $ ratio!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cbr900son
It actually handles pretty well. The paddle shifters are a fun factor that usually comes in cars 40k+. Its not a fast car per say but it def has a "zippy" feel. I actually really like the looks and can picture it on coilovers with a nice set of rims and maybe a cf hood too.when u start adding all those things up then look at the price its a really good fun to $ ratio!
I have to agree with the Fun Factor on this car. Coming from a VQ35 previously (albeit a FWD Sedan), I have to say that engine has power and is nice but the car felt numb. The Altima with CVT would probably have been better with paddle shifters. I'll probably repeat this forever but in the Altima (even with it's sports suspension in the SE trim) I rode to work, in the FIT, I Drive to work.

OP Do you have the original photo of the Z? (full sized from the sony cam?) I LOVE that photo. Beautiful Car, Beautiful setting. PM me if you do.

~SB

Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
Hey, glad to know that even with a multitude of cars to compare with, you're still enjoying your wife's Fit. High praise right there IMHO.

Welcome to the forum!

Old 05-31-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by specboy
I have to agree with the Fun Factor on this car. Coming from a VQ35 previously (albeit a FWD Sedan), I have to say that engine has power and is nice but the car felt numb. The Altima with CVT would probably have been better with paddle shifters. I'll probably repeat this forever but in the Altima (even with it's sports suspension in the SE trim) I rode to work, in the FIT, I Drive to work.

OP Do you have the original photo of the Z? (full sized from the sony cam?) I LOVE that photo. Beautiful Car, Beautiful setting. PM me if you do.

~SB
I took that pic at zdayz a few years ago on "The tail of the dragon" in SC laste year. Used wifes Nikon d40x. I should have the originbal pic but didnt shoot in raw format think i was shooting in jpeg cause i didnt know better

Originally Posted by Type 100
Hey, glad to know that even with a multitude of cars to compare with, you're still enjoying your wife's Fit. High praise right there IMHO.

Welcome to the forum!
Yeah. Wasn't trying to brag but i've been around and driven tons of cars from cheap old hondas to high end sports car in the 6 figure range. So when i say the fit is definetly nice especially considering price I mean it! In fact im kinda thinking about a white one for a daily since my daily truck is kinda sucky to drive (old 99 ranger i use for hauling car parts etc)