2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GE6 all the way from South Africa...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 06:31 PM
GE6 all the way from South Africa...

Hey guys and girls!
Im a newbie here at FitFreak. I look forward to many interesting threads and chats with u all

I used to own a '98 Hatch EK JDM spec and i was forced to sell it... long story I managed to keep some of the parts of my EK for the Fit (called Jazz in South Africa)

Anyway i got this GE6 about two weeks ago and i have already done a few changes... Spoon reps got fitted almost immediately, Buddy club gear shifter and the Mugen badge to the front grille

Unfortunately the car is still under warranty so i cant really do much to it in the performance area but looks wise... im searching for a CF rear wing (duckbill) if anyone can point me in the right direction, it will be greatly appreciated.

Here is my ride (sry cellphone pics, i will try get better shots of it soon)
Hope you guys like it...

Comments welcome

Last edited by GEsquad; 08-04-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: resize pics
Old 07-31-2010, 07:13 PM
clean start. may i request more pics of your center consol? i see that its different from the USDM Fit's.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Welcome...

I like the shift knob, but not feeling all the ricer decals (mugen, i-vtec). Lowering springs or coil overs would accent the rims nicely. Also recommend tint, this really sets off the exterior of the fit.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by insane_one
clean start. may i request more pics of your center consol? i see that its different from the USDM Fit's.
thanks... here are the pics u requested...

Old 08-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
Welcome...

I like the shift knob, but not feeling all the ricer decals (mugen, i-vtec). Lowering springs or coil overs would accent the rims nicely. Also recommend tint, this really sets off the exterior of the fit.
Thanks dude.

About the ricer decal comment... the i-vtec is a OEM factory decal here. I fitted the Mugen badge coz we dont really have badges like it here and i personally like it.

Lowering is not an option (the car is still under warranty) unfortunately

I did the tint last weekend and i will post up some new pics soon anyone know where i can find a spoon CF duckbill for this car pls???

Old 08-04-2010, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
Lowering is a must. Just do springs and if you go in for warranty work slap the stock springs back in. Taking away that wheel gap will really set off the car.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Kwaai Tjor Boetie

Hi All, I really love my Jazz EX-S, I’ve had mine now almost 2 years and is still in love with it. I also did a few mods (that doesn't affect the warranty) like a K&N drop in filter (33-2422) and a Exhaust (Wildcat) form SAC. My last check it was on 103kw (Highvelt) on the Fly. Did Speak with Honda local dealer and they advised that all this was OK and will not do anything to you warranty and service plan.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
Howzit stranger!
You've been quiet on the local forums and then I see this although Suzi_Q did tip me off so its no real shock about the Jazz.

I'd suggest you focus on the visual stuff until the warranty goes just for peace of mind.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:48 AM
Hey Hey

The most I like about the mods is the sound...Brilliant...I'm currently looking to change my wheels as its time for new tires. A-line has a few that looks really awesome. Did you do something with the sound system yet?

Old 08-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Oi ya. The other day on my way to Pretoria I got 4.5L/100km.

Old 08-20-2010, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ernardus
Hey Hey

The most I like about the mods is the sound...Brilliant...I'm currently looking to change my wheels as its time for new tires. A-line has a few that looks really awesome. Did you do something with the sound system yet?
Was actually aimed at Stefan

but go check out www.hondaowners.co.za for a brekkie happening next weekend. Can chat with the fellow Jazz owners there, etc

PS. the best I got out of my GD3 was 5.0L/100km

Old 08-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Hey Kruno,
yeah i miss my EK, but i guess i gotta work with what i got now. Good luck with the boosting of ur one.
Im not part of the hocsa anymore so u wont be seeing me at brekkie runs anymore

Last edited by GEsquad; 08-22-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
I know what you mean, I test drove the GE6 and I wasn't too impressed, its a much 'softer' car compared to the GD3 never mind your old Civic.
Thanks, it should be boosted beginning of next year only, still need a few parts before I take the plunge, pity its the only way to get any meaningful power out of the engine. I take it you outgrew the car club phase?

@Ernardus, hopefully we'll see you there