2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Honda Fit - New Info

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 11:14 PM
IMO... I'd rather slap on wider tires than have VSA on my FIT.

rant: what's next to be standard? cars that park themselves? cars that do the braking for you??? that's right... let's just get more and more folks that can't drive behind the steering wheel... saftey my @$$!!!

sorry for the rant

Old 08-16-2010, 02:03 AM
Ein
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dsmking
Does anyone know when we should expect the 2011s to show up? I could handle waiting a few weeks but more than that would be a problem (as we have been down a car for a week now).
The usual September/October timeline. Or just call your dealer.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
I want mine with manual windows and 14 inches wheels.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:41 AM
5 Year Member
I wonder how MSRP will be affected.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally Posted by Blackbeard
But I have yet to find this feature useful for any of my cars...doubt the Honda version will be much different...

I love how when you are trying to quickly pull out in traffic from a dusty road and the car detects wheel slippage and cuts power leaving you hung out to dry in the middle of traffic, but at least your wheels aren't slipping any more...

This is a feature of the TCS not the VSA. Bad thing about Honda/Acura they usually integrate the two features together. While I can justify VSA to the general public cars/trucks... I hate TCS. My CL type S had it and like you said...was a big pain in the ars trying to pull out into traffic fast.

More info...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQq-4...e=more_related (esc = vsa)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DE9S...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tliP2yAKKcU

Last edited by Committobefit08; 08-16-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:01 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by broody
I want mine with manual windows
I agree with that. Less weight and less to tear up in 10-15 years when the car starts getting worn down.

Old 08-16-2010, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ankyle62
dumbing down everything more and more so the idiots cant kill themselves and continue to breed and bring down society as a whole.
No, it's dumbing down stuff so that people can't kill others. It's those that can breed like crazy and are insanely reckless that survive. It's the innocent bystanders in the car next to them (or maybe in the car) such as children, that lose out.

We need a tax on stupid people!

Originally Posted by dsmking
Does anyone know when we should expect the 2011s to show up? I could handle waiting a few weeks but more than that would be a problem (as we have been down a car for a week now).
look back at when the '09s and '10s came out and add a year. honda usually releases in the October/November timeframe Occasionally they release early (like our Ridgeline in april?? - can't remember)
I'm pretty sure the fit was a halloween timeframe.

~SB

Old 08-16-2010, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by broody
I want mine with manual windows and 14 inches wheels.
Would love a manual windows option! but you'd probably have to pay extra for it I prefer manual windows, but like automatic door locks

Old 08-16-2010, 11:37 AM
VSA is retarded, does not save us from stupid people, and causes people to rely on it like a crutch and drive dumber and more recklessly then ever before.

When we get snow down in the valley people think their AWD VSA equipped car will keep them on the road.. and it becomes a demolition derby out there. Same goes for even the first rain after summer. Your average person shouldn't even have a drivers license and can barely handle a Smartcar, let alone that Suburban he/she drives to work everyday.

I suspect a scientific look at the numbers would show there is very little difference in accident per car between VSA and non VSA cars.

The bigger difference is vehicle construction and restraint systems.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sherpa
I suspect a scientific look at the numbers would show there is very little difference in accident per car between VSA and non VSA cars.
Just the opposite.

The overwhelming majority of studies find that ESC is highly effective in reducing single-vehicle crashes in cars and SUVs. Fatal single-vehicle crashes involving cars are reduced by about 30-50% and SUVs by 50-70%. Fatal rollover crashes are estimated to be about 70-90% lower with ESC regardless of vehicle type. A number of studies find improved effectiveness in reducing crashes when road conditions are slippery. There is little or no effect of ESC in all multi-vehicle crashes; however, there is a 17-38% reduction in more serious, fatal multi-vehicle crashes.
The Effectiveness of Electronic Stability Control in Reducing Real-World Crashes: A Literature Review - Traffic Injury Prevention

Old 08-16-2010, 01:28 PM
Thumbs down Numbers lie...

And liars make numbers...notice that the only real advantage is in fatal crashes. It also stands to reason that vehicles without stability control were likely older cars that were more likely to have fatalities.

Just like medical studies by biased sources, safety ninnies doing a study to increase car costs by imposing their will on everybody and/or raising insurance rates for those that do not comply are a little suspect in my book.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Sherpa
VSA is retarded, does not save us from stupid people, and causes people to rely on it like a crutch and drive dumber and more recklessly then ever before.

When we get snow down in the valley people think their AWD VSA equipped car will keep them on the road.. and it becomes a demolition derby out there. Same goes for even the first rain after summer. Your average person shouldn't even have a drivers license and can barely handle a Smartcar, let alone that Suburban he/she drives to work everyday.

The bigger difference is vehicle construction and restraint systems.
Just to clarify, Anyone who can't control every possible scenario dealing with sudden changes in steering should be off the road?

VSA really comes in handy when avoiding things like Deer or other animals, as well as drivers who suddenly cut over during quick exits from the left lane of a 4 lane highway. It also benefits those who aren't as coordinated or don't have instantaneous reaction.

It may be a hindrance in some scenarios such as launching yourself out into traffic but chances are, if VSA kicks in when trying to get into traffic, you probably should have waited for a larger break between cars.

And liars make numbers...notice that the only real advantage is in fatal crashes.
uhhh those would be the ones I'd prefer to avoid. Not sure about anyone else here though.

~SB

Last edited by specboy; 08-16-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:00 PM
And liars make numbers...notice that the only real advantage is in fatal crashes. It also stands to reason that vehicles without stability control were likely older cars that were more likely to have fatalities.
Well, the real advantage was in single vehicle accidents of all kinds. As to your procedural objection, most of the studies measure identical vehicle lines with and without VSA. ie, fit sport vs fit sport with navi/vsa. There probably is a bit of self-selection in that people who care about safety are more likely to buy safer vehicles and also drive more cautiously.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:50 PM
I wish Honda would make LSD standard on the fit instead of VSA.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
For those that think that ESC is not needed on this car, see the EURONCAP video testing the Fit with and without ESC:

YouTube - Euro NCAP | Honda Jazz | 2009 | ESC test

The difference is quite dramatic. Without ESC, the Fit loses directional control and nearly rolls over.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by Angry John
Wow, just when I was going to the dealer to pick up a 2010 Fit Sport. Looks like I may hafta wait a month or so before I jump.
That might not be a good idea, depending... I suspect that the 2011s will have a higher MSRP to go with those new features. As I recall, the 2010s were higher than the 2009s with no significant changes.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:12 AM
im not sure what Honda is thinking anymore but there really is only 2 crowds Honda sells to. Its performance/style enthusists and its MPG/dependable/good quailty folks. seems as tho that Honda really wants to step away from their racing heritage. seems as tho the image Honda is trying to go for is the family friendly/eco friendly image. with the ridgeline/pilot/element appealing to the "outdoors" kinda ppl. the accord/crosstour/MDX/RDX/odessy to the luxury/family type. and the the Fit/Civic/CR-Z to the eco heads. whats left for us tuner heads? with less and less M/T's coming out of the factory. we havnt seen a Type-R model since 01. actually we've really only seen 1 Type-R model. wheres Honda going?

Old 08-17-2010, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by sooznd
Would love a manual windows option! but you'd probably have to pay extra for it I prefer manual windows, but like automatic door locks
What sucks is that in the base DX cdm fit, we have power windows and mirrors but no power door lock. Probably to force people to get the LX trim, but that's stupid...

I liked my mom focus zx3, cd player, A/C, power door lock, power door latch, but no fancy things like power windows/mirrors or safety features (I think there was no abs but not sure).

Originally Posted by SteveInNC
That might not be a good idea, depending... I suspect that the 2011s will have a higher MSRP to go with those new features. As I recall, the 2010s were higher than the 2009s with no significant changes.
In Canada de 2010 MSRP was 500$ lower on the fit DX than on the 2009 (while the civic price dropped of 1000$). But even to buy a 2010, it may be worth to wait for the 2011 so you get a reduction

Originally Posted by insane_one
im not sure what Honda is thinking anymore but there really is only 2 crowds Honda sells to. Its performance/style enthusists and its MPG/dependable/good quailty folks. seems as tho that Honda really wants to step away from their racing heritage. seems as tho the image Honda is trying to go for is the family friendly/eco friendly image. with the ridgeline/pilot/element appealing to the "outdoors" kinda ppl. the accord/crosstour/MDX/RDX/odessy to the luxury/family type. and the the Fit/Civic/CR-Z to the eco heads. whats left for us tuner heads? with less and less M/T's coming out of the factory. we havnt seen a Type-R model since 01. actually we've really only seen 1 Type-R model. wheres Honda going?
For me Honda wasn't always performance oriented. And the family part of the car goes with the performance part. People buy honda for their performances, because over the good handling and power, they are reliable, cheap on gas and well constructed. People who buy them as a family car (over a corolla by example) buy them for their good chassis, sporty feeling and vtec engine.
They have less sport cars than before (no more powerfull crx, no more s2000), but still the fit is probably the best to drive (maybe the fiesta is good too), the civic si is quick.

And my 1987 civic wagon 4wd doesn't have much of a sport car. It's really roomy (like a fit), slow, reliable, and it handles like shit on dry (too high, to much adherance).
Honda has sport cars in the 90's, but historically, except for the s600 and s800, they just has small nimble cars, but not really sporty. And they can't make small nimble cars like before because of the safety and power windows.

Last edited by broody; 08-17-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm quite surprised that Bang & Olufsen sound system doesn't come standard on the base model.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by insane_one
whats left for us tuner heads?
my thoughts exactly. recently ive become more and more of a nissan fan.

Quick Reply: 2011 Honda Fit - New Info