2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 12:53 AM
What do you think?

I have a 2010 M/T Fit with 7k miles and I was thinking about doing two things to it. Overall, I love the car, but I would not mind few more horsepowers out of the engine to make the car stand out a bit and make it even more enjoyable to drive. Two things I want to change would be upgrading to a Cold Air Intake and swapping my factory exhaust system to one of the aftermarket performance exhaust systems. I know with these two upgrades my Fit will get few more horsepowers and will be little bit more fun to drive. My dillema right now is what will happen with my gas mileage with these two upgrades??? Should I expect my miles per gallon to increase or decrease as a result of those two upgrades??? Thank you for your help in advance.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
Same boat except about 1500 more miles than you. I'm expecting a bump in mpg's because the engine will be able to breathe better. Doing an intake and exhaust on my jeep got me about 5 more miles per gallon. Now i don't expect anything that drastic on the Fit. But 1-3 mpg is probably expect able if you drive conservatively.

Old 02-28-2011, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
lighter wheels/better tires and a rear sway bar would benefit you way more than the noise makers you plan on doing

Old 02-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
lighter wheels/better tires and a rear sway bar would benefit you way more than the noise makers you plan on doing
What this guy said is some of the best advice you are going to get on this!

• Lightweight stock diameter wheels
  • Wider, sticky tires in stock or lower profile
  • Beefy rear sway bar
Will make a dramatic difference in your driving experience.

Only things I would add to that for someone who doesn't feel like going boosted or doing anything major like a lightened flywheel/clutch setup or limited slip diff would be:

• Better fuel
  • Electronic throttle controller
  • 7 range spark plugs like NGK BPR7ES or Denso IK22
  • New brake pads and rotors
  • Coilovers for tighter ride and mild drop
  • Chassis bracing
  • Weight reduction

Then I would start to consider:

• Standalone ECU/Piggyback
  • Intake
  • Exhaust
  • Cylinder Head
  • Engine
  • Drivetrain

In that order. And if done in that order you will be able to appreciate each additional modification far more.

If you manage to accomplish all that and get bored again its time for some boost.

So start saving!

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-28-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Thanks for your input

Old 02-28-2011, 02:08 AM
5 Year Member
Hey diamond, is there an ECU flash/replacement for the GE? That would help a ton with a lot of things.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by Jamy
Hey diamond, is there an ECU flash/replacement for the GE? That would help a ton with a lot of things.
Not in the US at the moment. Besides a chip flash only works for specific setups. If you get a more aggresive tune for a stock configured car and then change the setup, you are back at square one.

This is why I have the ECU stuff so far down the list. It is also why I do not recommend a Flash or replacement that is not tunable by the owner!

Unfortunately, your best bet would be an NEO AFC, S-AFC II, Emanage Ultimate, or for the more serious modders the AEM FIC-6, MegaSquirt or the PCM I have my mind on... the MoTeC M84!

There is an ECU Flashable system for the GE in Indonesia (Used by FitFreak member ANGGGER on his 200+ HP Turbo GE 5AT) using a DASTEK Unichip and it can be tuned by the end user or a competent shop..

Check this thread out for more info!
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ner-reply.html

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 02-28-2011 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:33 AM
5 Year Member
Damn. I didn't think there would be one. And those options aren't even piggybacks really. Damn you Hondata!!

Thanks for the info though.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:39 AM
Damn. I didn't think there would be one. And those options aren't even piggybacks really. Damn you Hondata!!

Thanks for the info though.
Here is a better link:
DASTEK

Well the FIC, Emanage and the S-AFCs are piggy backs.

You can get a lot out of the Fit before its time to monkey with the ECU.

Even then I would be curious to try using a Hondata S300 or KPro on a Fit.. they are just 4 cyl's after all.

It should only take some harness modding!

Old 02-28-2011, 02:48 AM
5 Year Member
If I could get to my phone right now I could link you to a local company that does something like that (I think). If you could take a look at it. Gimme about 20 minutes. Even thought its almost 2 am here.. Should be about the same there huh?

Old 02-28-2011, 03:00 AM
5 Year Member
I agree with Sol and DSM. I wouldn't bother with the Throttle Controller as it just seems like a way to mess something up, and all it does is make pushing the pedal 30% of the way akin to 50% of the way, etc.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:02 AM
5 Year Member
Is the throttle opening 100% when the pedal is fully depressed? I wouldn't be suprised if honda's little ecu is saying "eff you brah, gots ta be fuels efficient!"..

Old 02-28-2011, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry I meant mentioned by a local company. It's Evans Tuning - Dyno Tuning, eTuning, Aftermarket Parts, Fabricaton do you think they could do anything for it with their etune?

Old 02-28-2011, 07:46 AM
Sorry I meant mentioned by a local company. It's Evans Tuning - Dyno Tuning, eTuning, Aftermarket Parts, Fabricaton do you think they could do anything for it with their etune?

Looks like the eTune option is only for FlashPro and KPro users.

Basically they have you take some datalogs and you have to have a loggable wideband UEGO sensor.. then they revise your tune and email you a new flash.

Neither of these services are set to work on a Fit unfortunately.

But they have a bunch of tuned Evo's using AEM hardware. So for the $400 bucks You could get a FIC, and then you'd have $290 left for a dyno tune! But you would have to take it in.