2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips, Advice, and Performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 04:06 AM
Tips, Advice, and Performance

I've always loved Honda. I recently came into ownership of a 2010 Fit Sport automatic transmission. I'm new to Fits. I wanted the vehicle as a long term vehicle that I can add modifications and upgrades and such to overtime. I'm looking for any recommendations, advice, or tips on where to start with this process. This is by far my favorite car I've ever owned. Super fun to drive, amazing handling. My only complaint is I want more power from it. I intend to start with a cold air intake system and a new exhaust set up. Also, I thought about spraying the engine with Nitrogen. But, I'm not sure if the engine is really strong enough to handle that. So any advice is welcomed! I'm hear to listen and learn. I want to get the best out of this amazing vehicle and continue to make it more and more fun to drive with upgrades and any type of advancements. Thanks!

Last edited by Nightwing; 06-07-2016 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Accidentally posted before finished
Old 06-07-2016, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
At the end of the day, its a 1.5 liter,, without forced induction or serious internal engine mods, the amount of HP to be gained is very small. You'll get more noise from a CAI, and maybe a HP, same with a new exhaust. The FIT engine single overhead cam VTEC does not exploit the bigger exhaust nearly as well as some of the regular Honda engines do. If you compare the stock FIT engine HP to other automobile 1.5 liter engines its doing pretty good.

The tranny will likely give up on a nitrous spray before the engine.. And you'd toast the motor using it for daily use on Nitrous. Spray is for the track.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Intake & exhaust

Amazon.com: HPS 27-102P Short Ram Air Intake Kit: Industrial & Scientific Amazon.com: HPS 27-102P Short Ram Air Intake Kit: Industrial & Scientific

Amazon.com: Yonaka Honda Fit 2009-2013 Stainless Steel Performance Catback Exhaust (all models): Automotive Amazon.com: Yonaka Honda Fit 2009-2013 Stainless Steel Performance Catback Exhaust (all models): Automotive

I am running low 9 secs 5-60 with my 2010 Honda Fit Sport manual.

Mods:
above intake
indexed Denso (5310) IK22 Iridium Power Spark Plugs
195 50 16 tires (smaller diameter, wider, lighter (2lbs per wheel) than stock) Allows car to sit a little lower and increases negative camber. Speedometer reads a little high though.

Intake can be LOUD & DRONEY, same with exhaust. You give up quiet for HP.

Have fun!

Old 06-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
At the end of the day, its a 1.5 liter,, without forced induction or serious internal engine mods, the amount of HP to be gained is very small. You'll get more noise from a CAI, and maybe a HP, same with a new exhaust. The FIT engine single overhead cam VTEC does not exploit the bigger exhaust nearly as well as some of the regular Honda engines do. If you compare the stock FIT engine HP to other automobile 1.5 liter engines its doing pretty good.

The tranny will likely give up on a nitrous spray before the engine.. And you'd toast the motor using it for daily use on Nitrous. Spray is for the track.

Yeah, I know I can't expect anything crazy on HP increase. But, another benefit of the Fit is it's so lightweight even any minuscule increase in HP will make a difference. And for now that's where my hopes lie, gaining a few HP and hoping for the best. And as for spraying yeah that's definitely what I figured. If I ever consider that as an option I would do a minimal 25-50 HP spray and only have it as a very rarely used option. If spraying does become an option do you think I should use a wet or dry? Anyway, Thanks for the new member hospitality and all your help!

Old 06-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by yovtecjustkickedin
Amazon.com: HPS 27-102P Short Ram Air Intake Kit: Industrial & Scientific

Amazon.com: Yonaka Honda Fit 2009-2013 Stainless Steel Performance Catback Exhaust (all models): Automotive

I am running low 9 secs 5-60 with my 2010 Honda Fit Sport manual.

Mods:
above intake
indexed Denso (5310) IK22 Iridium Power Spark Plugs
195 50 16 tires (smaller diameter, wider, lighter (2lbs per wheel) than stock) Allows car to sit a little lower and increases negative camber. Speedometer reads a little high though.

Intake can be LOUD & DRONEY, same with exhaust. You give up quiet for HP.

Have fun!
Thanks a lot! Yeah, I definitely understand the noise thing. Thankfully I have a hankering for noisy exhaust so I would love that in the long run.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
My experience is that you only use dry spray if your doing a really small shot.
it requires a good engine/nitrous management system and tune to have a system that
doesn't just roast the engine, for that wet is better.

I used to call it 1000 miles per full shot. Cause it seemed like that was about how much quicker I'd have to freshen up the engine. (I used to run V8's so maybe these small engines take it different...??)

Last edited by dwtaylorpdx; 06-08-2016 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:02 PM
+1 on lightweight alloys, will make the car a lot zippier and some wider tires. My base GE swayed mad on the highways with the skinny steelies it came with originally.