2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Need ideas for cheap engine mods!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Need ideas for cheap engine mods!

Ok wel I started college a few weeks ago but just because Im in school doesn't mean that I'm gonna stop working on my car Well after some thinking I figured that I want to focus mainly getting the most out of my engine and also cleaning it up a bit and making it sexy, because the way Honda made it is not sexy. So basically I need your opinions guys for what I should do. So far performance wise,on my 2010 ROM fit, I've put a tanabe touring medallion exhaust and a prm intake. I also ordered twpansons ETC which should be here any day now lol

I want to make my engine bay sexy but i also wouldnt mind throwing in there some stuff that'll boost my performance

Old 09-10-2011, 10:46 PM
5 Year Member
what are you going for? more performance? you'd feel more of a difference if you get rid of the boat anchor OEM wheels.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
what are you going for? more performance? you'd feel more of a difference if you get rid of the boat anchor OEM wheels.
I would love to but I don't really have that much money to get a nice set of rims and tires :/

And yeah performance is mainly what I'm looking for but I would also love to get some stuff to make my engine look nicer

Last edited by clownassasin; 09-10-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:07 PM
If you want bling im good at that.

1. Password JDM, Gallery, or another washer and bolt kit. will need at least 20.
2. Front upper strut tower bar
3. Oil cap-Password, Mugen, Hks, Spoon, Etc, Etc
4. Radiator cap-Same as above
5. Battery stay-Password jdm
6. Paint your intake manifold cover-Ge has one but will have to be taped off to paint
7. Password JDM radiator stays? Might have to custom fit those or paint stock ones

None of these will increase performance in any way. They will however increase the bling factor alot.

Of course with a Turbo or Supercharger kit you would not need bling.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
how often do you drive your car with the hood off? don't waste your money on "engine dress up" junk

Old 09-11-2011, 04:54 PM
how often do you drive your car with the hood off? don't waste your money on "engine dress up" junk
You do have a point there, but I would still like my engine to look decent, but I need some more suggestions for relatively cheap (I'm talking at max a few hundred dollars) mods and things I can add to my car to get more out of it

Old 09-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Intake adds bling and minor performance increase, also axle back exhaust would do the same..
Paint your intake manifold... I just did mine today

Old 09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by BlackPearlFIT
Intake adds bling and minor performance increase, also axle back exhaust would do the same..
Paint your intake manifold... I just did mine today
Painting the manifold isn't a bad idea but as for the intake and exhaust, I already have both

Old 09-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Oil and radiator caps. Spoon engine torque damper...

Old 09-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Internals for an engine aren't cheap and you're not gonna see much of an increase in an n/a 1.5 liter... so save for a turbo/supercharger kit.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Radiator hoses, shift knob, carbon fiber hood or other pieces....

Old 09-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by BlackPearlFIT
Radiator hoses, shift knob, carbon fiber hood or other pieces....
what kind of radiator hoses do you recommend?

Oh and I saw something about a buddy club racing spec condenser, what exactly is this?

Last edited by clownassasin; 09-11-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:28 PM
5 Year Member
facepalm. OP save your money. spend that "couple hundred dollars" on a set of wheels and tires. PM member "mike410b" he will help you find some wheels

Old 09-11-2011, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
OP: I wasn't trying to be rude in this thread, you just seem like you need some "tough love"

Old 09-11-2011, 08:05 PM
OP: I wasn't trying to be rude in this thread, you just seem like you need some "tough love"
It's alright lol although i did think you were a little rude, and maybe your picture doesnt help lol but it's all good. Ive wanted to get rims and tires for my car for the longest time now but theyve just been so expensive that I've avoided trying to look for them lol

Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
wheels/tires will be your best bang for the buck upgrade. that silly strut bar or oil cap costs money but does NOTHING

Old 09-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Strut bar does nothing...,lolz ok buddy

Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
show me proof that a strut bar will improve ANYTHING on a street driven honda fit

Old 09-11-2011, 09:01 PM
5 Year Member
"butt dyno" doesn't count

Old 09-11-2011, 09:42 PM
show me proof that a strut bar will improve ANYTHING on a street driven honda fit
so any street driven fit? do u have a fit? if so does it have a strut bar? if not mine does, can we take both around a turn and see who handles/ goes around the turn faster, if thats not proof, why not drive around the track and see who has a faster time? now i know its not "street" to test this at the track, but it would show a difference between the 2 cars. but what about the way the cars chassis feels after a strut bar has been installed, is that not an improvement of stability? not being rude here, but u realize u said one of the most common ways to improve a cars handling does nothing.... then why the hell do they sell these as aftermarket or as factory "sport" or "performance" suspension? anyway after adding a custom made set to my fit, i now have it oversteering into corners, do u kno how fun it is to countersteer ur fit? i fucking love it, but i doubt u do cuz u havent added strutbars... lol not saying thats y my fit oversteers but it helps keep the chassis stiff and allow the tires to "slide" (more or less) but i also run high psi in all my tires so that helps but i do that for the mpg. just sayin....

Quick Reply: Need ideas for cheap engine mods!