2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Need ideas for cheap engine mods!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 09:48 PM
5 Year Member
Yes he has a Fit. Yes it has more suspension mods than yours. And no the STB doesn't make a difference on a street car.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Guys lets please get back on topic please

Old 09-11-2011, 09:56 PM
5 Year Member
OP, cheap engine mods unfortunately do next to nothing for Fits, an og member "Sugarphreak" had almost all the bolt-ons available for Fits and gained something like 3 whp

Old 09-11-2011, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
so any street driven fit? do u have a fit? if so does it have a strut bar? if not mine does, can we take both around a turn and see who handles/ goes around the turn faster, if thats not proof, why not drive around the track and see who has a faster time? now i know its not "street" to test this at the track, but it would show a difference between the 2 cars. but what about the way the cars chassis feels after a strut bar has been installed, is that not an improvement of stability? not being rude here, but u realize u said one of the most common ways to improve a cars handling does nothing.... then why the hell do they sell these as aftermarket or as factory "sport" or "performance" suspension? anyway after adding a custom made set to my fit, i now have it oversteering into corners, do u kno how fun it is to countersteer ur fit? i fucking love it, but i doubt u do cuz u havent added strutbars... lol not saying thats y my fit oversteers but it helps keep the chassis stiff and allow the tires to "slide" (more or less) but i also run high psi in all my tires so that helps but i do that for the mpg. just sayin....

Old 09-11-2011, 10:23 PM
A stiffer chassis isn't proof enough for you? Are you also saying roll cages do nothing then.... and what about chassis braces?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:25 PM
Please don't tell people false information, thanks.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Roll Cages are so different than a stb its not even reasonable.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
I have yet to see a thread that doesn't turn into and argument between Mike410b and some other FF member whenever he comments on it..

Old 09-11-2011, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
Read the thread to see what actually happened.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
it seems like new members get less and less intelligent as time goes on

Last edited by solbrothers; 09-11-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Read the thread to see what actually happened.
It seems to me that people have a different idea of performance on here. BlackPearlFIT obviously appreciates suspension mods and considers a better handling car a better performing car. No it doesn't improve horsepower at all and we all know that. But it will help with the chassis stiffness, this is undeniable.

For the OP: with cheap mods you won't be getting much in the way of performance as this has already been discussed in other threads. The L15 needs a decent amount of work before it can produce high HP numbers and that work isn't cheap. On this one I do agree with Solbrothers, get lightweight wheels and better tires. It will make much more of a difference than anything else you can buy at this point.

Now can we please stop the arguments over matters of opinion?

Old 09-11-2011, 11:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
It seems to me that people have a different idea of performance on here. BlackPearlFIT obviously appreciates suspension mods and considers a better handling car a better performing car. No it doesn't improve horsepower at all and we all know that. But it will help with the chassis stiffness, this is undeniable.

For the OP: with cheap mods you won't be getting much in the way of performance as this has already been discussed in other threads. The L15 needs a decent amount of work before it can produce high HP numbers and that work isn't cheap. On this one I do agree with Solbrothers, get lightweight wheels and better tires. It will make much more of a difference than anything else you can buy at this point.

Now can we please stop the arguments over matters of opinion?
I don't value handling? What? I don't value wasting my money.

Trust me, I value handling.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
I don't value handling? What? I don't value wasting my money.

Trust me, I value handling.
this.

strut bars are just a placebo.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
Mike I never said you didn't value handling in my post. There is obviously no way to have a middle ground. Your mind is made up on what you think is best and other peoples opinions aren't worth listening to. It's cool.

Old 09-11-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
WOW we are full of piss and vinegar today. Anyhow back on topic. You can look in this thread for some ideas.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...ngine-bay.html

Old 09-11-2011, 11:45 PM
The dude has $200, maybe he can afford those eBay "struct bars"

Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
LOL struct bars

Old 09-11-2011, 11:51 PM
5 Year Member
I messed around with intake and cat back pipe only to find out that I lost more low end torque than I gained on the top end.. After maxing out in 4th gear and winding out 5th I actually went 5 MPH slower wide open and flat out than I could without the intake and exhaust changes... Knocking off as much wheel and tire weight as you can afford to is going to do more to improve your car than anything else followed by Swift Mach Sport springs unless you prefer to go with coil overs that can be adjusted for damping, height and spring tension loading.... Colder heat range spark plugs and higher octane fuel will get you more ignition advance which will give you a bit better acceleration and help increase fuel mileage in city traffic by increasing low end torque... I totally rely on a stopwatch over a measured off distance and the speedometer reading on a long steep climb up a hill to determine if any improvement or decline in performance has resulted from any changes I have done... Regardless of dyno results, if you can't feel an increase in power in the seat of your pants you haven't gained a thing....

Old 09-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by solbrothers
this.

strut bars are just a placebo.

maybe the flexy cheap ones that are 3 pieces they most likely just add weight but a well designed bar? no, where is ur prof that they do nothing? y ask us to provide prof? y cant u show us they dont work? seems like cant say much other then just that ^

Old 09-12-2011, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fitisbamf
maybe the flexy cheap ones that are 3 pieces they most likely just add weight but a well designed bar? no, where is ur prof that they do nothing? y ask us to provide prof? y cant u show us they dont work? seems like cant say much other then just that ^
I installed rear strut bars and C pillar bar and got a surprise that I didn't expect.. My steering wheel had been off center to the left and was almost dead on center afterwards... I think that having wider, offset and rims puts more of a load on the body structure and adding the braces with the wheels off of the ground has put it back where it should be.

Quick Reply: Need ideas for cheap engine mods!