2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Need ideas for cheap engine mods!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
No. I meant the following:

I can feel the difference in quality of finish.

And DSM, I really do not care one bit about your 'science.'
So it's not about the quality of the wheel, now it's just the finish you're judging?

It's not "my" science. It's called reality. Facts don't matter to ignorant internet know-it-alls apparently. For a guy who routinely steps into threads to piss on someones parade you get awfully touchy when someone does it to you. One would figure such a proud troll would have a thicker skin, given what you callously say to others on a regular basis.

The mental gymnastics you will do to justify your expensive tastes are remarkable.

Why not stick with "I like it" as the reason why you feel the need to spend a couple grand on some metal hoops instead of just making things up? You look silly to all the adults in the room. You are entitled to like whatever you want, but there is no justification for trying to e-bully others into agreeing with you when you have no substance to your arguments. Every manufacturer has had a product go to market that passed it's tests and ultimately failed.

Some more spectacularly than others, like those Lamborghini's and Ferrari's that like to catch on fire.

It's just curious that on other technical matters where I go through and explain something to someone else, you'll say:
That is one thing I've learned.

When it comes to turbo related things, or anything else involving engine/trans, DSM is the guy on this site; I keep my mouth shut, read his post, and LEARN.

When it comes to wheels/aero/aesthetics THEN I will give my opinion/critique, but when I'm out of my element, I stop lol.
But on a matter where you're emotionally invested you display an incredible amount of cognitive dissonance and start slinging insults instead of going after the content. I understand wanting the world to back your opinion on something, but don't you ever try to re-examine issues?

There's more than a couple places where we have agreed in the past, and I have even defended your position before using my faggy science, so I think your hostility is rather unwarranted.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 09-13-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Some people just are stubborn on this forum, the fit is the "sportiest" car they've ever owned and now they think they're a boss. read and learn people, you are not always right, and neither am I... people disagree, its human nature, dont cry about it...
this is not directed towards anyone or anyones post(s), but just a general statement to all the forum members.
but to stay on topic to the OP, you have got your answeres for what to do. i gave you bling ideas like you wanted and also cheap useful mods. hope the forum members were of help despite this rediculous incedent that likes to happen over and over on each thread that exists on fitfreak

Old 09-13-2011, 01:03 PM
5 Year Member
The Fit is the sportiest car I've owned? Dang, the 3 much sportier cars I've owned would like to disagree with that.

And DSM: Where is my thin skin? You're obviously the one who's emotionally involved in this with the time you're putting into each post.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Is this like the "Your racist for pointing out my racism" type line of logic?

I am not the one who goes into a diatribe in everythread involving the word "rota."

But way to project.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:27 PM
The Fit is the sportiest car I've owned? Dang, the 3 much sportier cars I've owned would like to disagree with that.
Originally Posted by BlackPearlFIT
Some people just are stubborn on this forum, the fit is the "sportiest" car they've ever owned and now they think they're a boss. read and learn people, you are not always right, and neither am I... people disagree, its human nature, dont cry about it...
this is not directed towards anyone or anyones post(s), but just a general statement to all the forum members.
but to stay on topic to the OP, you have got your answeres for what to do. i gave you bling ideas like you wanted and also cheap useful mods. hope the forum members were of help despite this rediculous incedent that likes to happen over and over on each thread that exists on fitfreak
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 09-13-2011, 02:44 PM
5 Year Member
Holy balls...

Old 11-17-2011, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Made my effing day reading this post from start to finish

Old 03-25-2013, 01:21 AM
Wowza... OP can I just say that lighter wheels really do make a world of difference. I know it's hard to keep yourself from buying stuff constantly for the car. I'm the same way but with your $200, you're almost halfway there for a set of k1s or even flatouts.

Ps please don't castrate me for the wheel choices. I know they are not the best but in my mind represent good value in terms of weight:$

Old 03-25-2013, 02:20 AM
5 Year Member
Lighter wheels and tires are the best thing going for a car with a small engine.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Yeah thanks guys, this thread is hella old but I still haven't bought myself a set of rims, BUT I am finally seriously looking at buying a set, just gotta find something I like first though!