2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fit Sport w/Navi antenna connector

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 03:21 PM
Question Fit Sport w/Navi antenna connector

I'm looking into upgrading my audio/nav system on my 2009. The folks at Crutchfield recommended a couple of units but then declined to install them, citing lack of compatible antenna cables. They claimed they had no way to connect the aftermarket units to the built-in antenna on the car. Apparently there is something available for the non-Nav units but not for the Nav models.

Does anyone have any knowledge in this area to share? It is a bummer to be stopped from upgrading by a simple piece of wire

Old 02-28-2011, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
To clarify you are talking about the AM/FM antenna?

This one should be it....
Metra Online | Metra Part # 40-HD10 | Honda Antenna

It would help if you take a picture of the back of your OEM radio though.

Old 02-28-2011, 05:35 PM
If you have factory nav I can't advise retrofitting anything else UNLESS you know how to deal with all the data that goes through, in and out of that unit.

From what I can read off the schematic aside from typical power and audio:

Vehicle Speed Sensor (out)
K line data
+B (b-can?)

As a service advisor at a Honda dealer I've seen several cars where a factory audio unit has been removed only to be reinstalled because of issues with other systems that rely on those data streams.

Either way, above my pay grade.

b

Old 02-28-2011, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rhyneba
If you have factory nav I can't advise retrofitting anything else UNLESS you know how to deal with all the data that goes through, in and out of that unit.

K line data
+B (b-can?)

As a service advisor at a Honda dealer I've seen several cars where a factory audio unit has been removed only to be reinstalled because of issues with other systems that rely on those data streams.

b
You mean systems like when honda put the Keyless entry in the Factory AM/FM radio on the 98 civic? I NEVER understood that. Had to leave the factory unit attached and behind the dash when we installed the clarion in my wife's civic. TOTALLY stupid.

Not sure what the other wires would be but there has to be a schematic that will show you what they are. also, someone will likely make an adapter. if not, it wouldn't be too hard to make one on your own.

~SB

Old 04-22-2011, 04:13 AM
The antenna connector

Hi ,

I just look around the post,do you need this antenna with Fakra Connector:
RF connectors, Adapter, Cable Assemblies, Pigtail Cable, Tools, Wifi Antennas & Accessories

GPS antenna with Fakra compatibility:
Audi - A3, A4, A6 with RNS-E 16:9

See you later!

Rfkiki

Old 04-22-2011, 04:14 AM
Sorry

Hi

Sorry that I put the wrong link about the fakra connector.Here is right one:
RF connectors, Adapter, Cable Assemblies, Pigtail Cable, Tools, Wifi Antennas & Accessories

See you later!

Rfkiki

Old 10-19-2011, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rhyneba

K line data
+B (b-can?)

b
I just (a week ago) took out my factory navi unit after some idiot broke into my 09 Fit and tried to remove the face for me. Fools.

So anyways, I put a Pioneer DEH-P8300BT in. There are several extra factory harnesses behind my new deck, but no adverse effects on the vehicle to date. I bought a dash kit from Scosche and then had to customize it to fit the non-standard faceplate size on that unit. It turned out quite nice.

Again, I emphasize that I haven't lost any functionality. Keyless entry still works too.

I'll post back later with the part numbers of the adapters I ended up using. I initially bought a wiring harness and antenna adapter online, based on crutchfield's recommended parts. Turns out they were all wrong, but a local shop got me the right parts.

Last edited by bruderbell; 10-28-2011 at 06:15 PM. Reason: changed wording from "adapters" to "factory harnesses"
Old 10-19-2011, 11:11 AM
5 Year Member
Please do post what adapters you used. It will be helpful to us who plan on upgrading the stock Navi in the future.

Can't find much info on the Pioneer. Is it a Navi version?

Old 10-28-2011, 06:08 PM
5 Year Member
The Pioneer is not a Navi version. I opted for a Garmin Nuvi over an in-dash.

I've found my receipt for the adapters that did work, but it unfortunately only lists "Vehicle Specific Wiring harness." A lot of good that does.

From their website, it appears that the metra #40-HD10 is what I had, but without seeing the actual connector that's hard to say with certainty. Unfortunately, it looks like the HD30 may also be the right part.

I can tell you with certainty that Scosche HAAB is NOT the right antenna adapter for a 2009 Fit w/ Factory Navigation, and that this item is not the correct wire harness adapter kit, even though 2009 Fit is listed.

Does anyone have the factory wiring diagram for the factory navi? I've got a steering wheel remote module and it works with my factory channel up/down, volume up/down, and source (I think the steering wheel calls it mode), but I am interested in getting the other two steering wheel buttons to work. They are a "talk" button and a "back" button. I think that with the factory wiring diagram I will be able to tell which of the abandoned harnesses has a wire or two with leads from those buttons, and then it would be a simple matter of hooking them into my new steering wheel remote module and programming it!

Last edited by bruderbell; 10-29-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:23 AM
It looks like that it is HRS GT5-1S connector ,Check it please.