2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JDM Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 01:13 PM
JDM Question

Ok so before I begin please do not refer me to the Ultimate Parts List part of the forum cause that is not what I am asking.

Ok so I know all you need is the rear bumper and the rear bumper for the JDM rear but here is my question:

Will a JDM body kit rear bumper work on the USDM fit? Because theoretically if all you need is the JDM rear bumper and insert to have a JDM rear then body kits that replace the whole back bumper should fit right?

Old 03-01-2011, 09:46 PM
I may be obtuse but your question is a bit confusing. If your question is "Will a body kit part for a JDM Jazz rear bumper fit the USDM Fit?", the answer is no. If you want to convert the back bumper to the JDM Jazz then apply the kit part, that should work. Or if you are asking if the bumper cover for a JDM Jazz fit your USDM Fit, that can be found where you politely instructed everyone not to send you. If you're asking if an aftermarket "kit" rear bumper cover for a JDM Jazz will fit your USDM Fit, I don't know.

b

Last edited by rhyneba; 03-01-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
I think it should, thing that you'd likely have to remove is the rear cross brace if I recall correctly (it absorbs the impact in collisions). On the JDM model, that brace for lack of a better word didn't stick out as for as the USDM model. At least that was the case with the GD chassis.

With that said, you may want to check out the AJR GE8 threads. They have a CDM spec Fit (long nose like USDM) and did the JDM conversion to it. Here is one of their threads.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/aj-r...th-2010-a.html

Old 03-01-2011, 11:27 PM
I know that the only parts to go from a rear USDM to a JDM rear are the bumper and bumper insert but if i bought a rear bumper that was made for a JDM fit shouldn't it just be able to replace my USDM one? Is that easier to understand?

I have read up on the AJ thread and have emailed them about a conversion and they said if i remember that the only parts you need for the back is the back bumper.

Old 03-01-2011, 11:50 PM
The bumper core support from the USDM car does not fit under the Jazz bumper cover, it either needs to removed or modified.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
I have also done the complete jdm front and rear conversion. For the rear, you need to remove the rear bumper support otherwise the jdm bumper will not fit. When you remove the rear bumper support, take your car n support to a body shop cuz you need to remove the exhaust hanger and re-weld it. Once this is done, you can reattach the hanger for your exhaust and then the jdm rear bumper. Message me if you need anything else

Old 03-02-2011, 10:46 AM
5 Year Member
Also you may want to ask your fabricator to fab up a custom rear bumper support with a place to attach a tow hook other you won't have a rear tow hook. I have done one for mine in the front n back. I know its stupid but I'm working on it...fml