2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pimped my '11 Alabaster Base Fit

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Chad - looks terrific, sounds like you & I are on similar wavelength. I got the base to avoid some of the Sport add ons & for better MPG plus I like to pick my own upgrades rather than let the factory do that.

I just got the white base & have pretty much done the same as you. Undercoated wheel wells, got silver 15x6 7 spoke after market wheels (MB Seven X from Discount - would have prefered the graphite rather than silver but they were on indefinite BO). Also upsized the tires - 1st went to 195/60 x15 Touring but the increase in road noise was quite noticable so I am going to a slightly narrower tread w 185/60 x 15 - this tire is also lighter so I think it won't penalize as much on the mpg & have been thinking about the vent shades & spoiler.

For the interior I got LED bulbs from yourledshop.com. Also have aftermarket armrest & rear bumper guard from The only other additon I am considering is a map light for the interior.

Will try to post pics later.

Thinking about a rear spoiler on mine, just got a quote of $261 for painted OEM from Manchester Honda. Any particular reason you went with the seibon TR rather than OEM?
Where did you get the ventshades? Cost? How easy to install?

Thanks! <><

Last edited by danlisahall@comcast.net; 06-01-2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: add more
Old 06-02-2011, 07:39 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by danlisahall@comcast.net
Chad - looks terrific, sounds like you & I are on similar wavelength. I got the base to avoid some of the Sport add ons & for better MPG plus I like to pick my own upgrades rather than let the factory do that.
Yeah the base is more of a blank canvas for sure.

Also upsized the tires - 1st went to 195/60 x15 Touring but the increase in road noise was quite noticable so I am going to a slightly narrower tread w 185/60 x 15 - this tire is also lighter so I think it won't penalize as much on the mpg & have been thinking about the vent shades & spoiler.
So did those tires quiet down some for you? I had 195/60/15s on my 2009 base Fit and it rode and handled 100X better.

Thinking about a rear spoiler on mine, just got a quote of $261 for painted OEM from Manchester Honda. Any particular reason you went with the seibon TR rather than OEM?
Where did you get the ventshades? Cost? How easy to install?

Thanks! <><
I just fell in love with the look of that spoiler. I kind of wanted something dark against the silver too. Bit of an impulse buy but I like it.

The door visors are not terribly difficult to install but it's a tedious job. I've done 3 sets of them now.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:12 AM
5 Year Member
Tails look awesome man, my headlights & tails both are screaming for tint. How did you do yours? There's a guy in my area who does "spray tint", I just don't know how well it would look or allow the light to pass through...

Old 06-02-2011, 03:09 PM
looks good!!!

Old 06-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Hondafrk
Tails look awesome man, my headlights & tails both are screaming for tint. How did you do yours? There's a guy in my area who does "spray tint", I just don't know how well it would look or allow the light to pass through...
Thanks! I just used some light vinyl film. It's a little tricky but not too bad. Lots of how-to vids on the net.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Goobers
okay... there's something about this picture that just doesn't sit right with me. Despite owning a Fit, myself... your Fit seems to look like a minivan here. My best guess is because of the size of the wheels.
It was a lot of different little things makeing it look weird from that angle. All taken care of now.

Latest update on the pimpage.

Painted the lower rockers, rear diffuser and rear aero pieces.

Fixed the ugly plate frame.

Installed bilstein coilovers and ichiba 15mm v2 wheel adaptors on the rear.

More info and pix of the coilovers here...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-anyone-2.html

Just installed the coilovers last night. Couple more pix from today.

Last edited by Chad T; 07-24-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:14 AM
how big was the drop bro?

Old 09-12-2011, 12:19 AM
Banned
Not sure what the exact drop was but I would guess 1.5-2 inches.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Tk3
5 Year Member
Hi Chad,

I really like the look of your wheels. I'm curious, did they just fit or did you have to do any modifications? Also, since the wheels probably didn't originally have TPMS, were you able to add TPMS?

Thanks,
TK3

Old 07-26-2012, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

I thought the '11 was the 2nd Fit in your household.
Was the 09 the one you did the Recaro seat mod on? and did you swap it over to the '11?

Old 07-26-2012, 05:18 PM
Banned
I had the '09 on CFC deal that was the first, then the wife's '10. Then the Silver '11.

Here's the deal on the seat. I ordered it for the '09 but they are custom built to order. They just stock the shell until somebody orders one.

My white one got lightly sideswiped by a blind bitch in a cavelier. I was able to buff it out, pull the fender back out and touch up the wheel. Looked fine and I got enough ins money from mrs haggletooth to pay for the seat.

Then the recall came out...all this is happening while the seat is on order. Then I got on the Honda website to look or info on the recall. First thing I see is they have a new color, alabaster silver. Love that color. Then I see the base now comes with cruise, keyless, vsa, usb port.

So I traded the white one for the silver while I was waiting for the recaro. BTW thats the best mod ive done to any car ever.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

aaaahhhh, Gotcha, Chad.
For some reason, I thought it was in the white 09. I've read that thread quite a few times, it's one of my "dream" mods, I just can't seem to justify it yet, especially since I'd want the one with the side airbag & the black leather (gotta match the Clazzio's on the rest of the seats).

Funny thing is after 3.5 yrs the stock seat is becoming slightly more comfortable than it was.... Still not as comfortable as the Recaro, and those vents. Very nice!

Which recall? the LMS?

Btw, really nice mods on the '11... Nice Bilsteins!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Banned
Thanks FitStir! I'll bet those seats do get broke in some. Any jap car seat feels bad if you're used to recaros. Had too many old Audis.

Yeah the LMS recall. Woried about someone trying to do all that on the amount of time they were giving the techs. even a good one. plus the good techs prolly gave that job to the newbie techs. I forget what it was but it wasn't much time. Wouldn't seem like a new car anymore if I knew some stranger took it apart.

Plus since I took that hit I had an extra $1800 to put towards the 3k it cost me to go from the 09 to the 11. I just love that light honda silver too. I had a '92 lude that color that I drove for 6 years. That lude had konis, dc header and manray sport wheels. Before the masses were getting into modding hondas. At least in OH.

Just rembered another mod I didn't put in this thread. I installed some fog light bezels with no fogs. Just some mesh behind them. Helps get rid of that cheap looking dimple spot.

And new plate frames

Back one is from a buddy of mine in CT that had a shelby like mine. He brought me a shelby frame that was on his car. They used to sell them in the shelby catalog back in the day. He told me to put it on the Fit so I did.

Need to get a good pic of the Front. It's a cheapo plastic cf look deal with a seventies honda motorcycle emblem on it.

pic from when I hit a pidgeon.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:43 AM
Tk3
5 Year Member
Thanks for the info Chad! One more question...

Why did you use spacers and why only on the back wheels?

Thanks

Old 08-03-2012, 09:15 AM
lower it!!!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:24 AM
where'd ya get that carbon spoiler?

Old 08-04-2012, 10:19 PM
I >like< your civic rims of the Fit, they look a lot nicer than the base steel wheels and ugly wheel covers. Were they take-offs from someone upgrading their Civic rims? I am assuming/hoping they were very reasonable, unlike rims bought new from aftermarket community. How much $ did they run you, from where, if you don't mind?

Old 08-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Wheres the spoiler from?