2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pimped my '11 Alabaster Base Fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Banned
Pimped my '11 Alabaster Base Fit

Well it's not really "pimped" but I did add a few things to make it look a little less base-ish.

Here she is after the trip home. Seems like Honda really goes out of their way to make the base look plain.

First thing to get was wheels. The plastic hubcaps simply don't cut it. I stuck with the 15s because I like more of a classic '80s honda look which I think works well on the base Fit.

I could also just swap the stock tires back on which made the rim install a little simpler but the tires probably will get replaced soon. They are not good for having fun .

Found these 5 spoke dealer option rims for the '02-'05 civics. Thought they would work well with the silver. I def wanted a wheel with a machined face to compliment the alabaster silver.

These are 15X6 with a +45 offset. Seems like the perfect offset for a non-radical wheel upgrade.

Next thing I did was undercoat the rear fenderwells. The un-coated fenderwells look cheap to me with the light color.

Then I installed the splash guards. A must for the base and also a must for the '80s honda look.

After that I installed the Honda door visors and did some light smoke tint on the upper part of the tail lights.

Some random pix.

Last but not least I did my patented base Fit tail pipe polish like I did on my '09.

Here she is next to momma's Sport Fit.

Hope to leave it like this for now but it feels like I've got the mod bug going with this car.

Also installed the Progress rear sway the other night.

Last edited by Chad T; 04-14-2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Looks nice.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:05 PM
5 Year Member
Those wheels look pretty sharp.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:24 PM
5 Year Member
What a great look from Base to Pimped. Love the offset of the rims, Prefect! Udercoated nice!
+rep 2ya.
Big Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 04-14-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 AM
Dig the rims! Personally I like the lines of the Base (without spoiler/skirts) but wish I could get some "real" wheels.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Chad T
Well it's not really "pimped" but I did add a few things to make it look a little less base-ish.

Next thing I did was undercoat the rear fenderwells. The un-coated fenderwells look cheap to me with the light color.

What substance and/or paint did you use for the undercoating? I too dislike how the rear wheel wells look extremely unfinished. And it looks like "homemade crap" when it gets dirty under there.

I need to coat mine too.

Hope to leave it like this for now but it feels like I've got the mod bug going with this car.
Looks really nice so far. There are things I like about the base model too. Though personally, I couldn't do without the Sport's front spoiler... but that's just me. Base doesn't look any less cool, just different. I just REALLY like the Sport model's front... the angled pillars between the grill and the fog lights look pretty nice to my eyes. One of the things that first caught my eye about the GE.

As far as mods? Go for it! It would seem the Fit gives people that mod bug... especially if they happen to find this place.

More mods, more pics, more mods, more pics... then, some more mods, and some more pics!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Banned
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
What a great look from Base to Pimped. Love the offset of the rims, Prefect! Udercoated nice!
+rep 2ya.
Big Mike
Mike I was just checking out your wheels man you really know how to pimp it up. I like those though. Man nice and light. If I had seen those I proabably would have gone for a set.

These suckers are heavy. I almost sent them back because they weigh 19.3 lbs. Once I started looking them over I had to put them on the car though. They just had the look I was after. They are 1.5 lbs heavier than the steelies so not too noticeable with the stock tires.

Originally Posted by annunC8
What substance and/or paint did you use for the undercoating?
I used 3M rubberized undercoating. I've had good luck with the stuff. It's expensive though and it goes quick. I used about 1 1/2 cans on just the back fenderwells. It's like $10 a can.

There was some cheaper stuff that I might use for the front and bottom sides which I still plan to do.

Whatever you get just make sure it says "rubberized" on it. Otherwise it will stay sticky and gooey forever.

Originally Posted by annunC8
There are things I like about the base model too. Though personally, I couldn't do without the Sport's front spoiler...
The base bumper cover is a little basic. I like them both the base is just more my speed. Plus I gotta have those Honda splash guards.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Wow, that looks really good. I'm slightly kicking myself for not waiting. I got the 2010 sport in the same color 6 weeks ago because the payments would be the same as the 2011 base (0.9% wasn't for 2011 at the time, but was for 2010). I prefer the base look, especially after yours with the upgraded wheels.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:39 PM
little things go a long way... props to you!

Old 05-31-2011, 12:57 AM
Banned
New Schpoiler to ad to the pimpage.

Old 05-31-2011, 01:54 AM
5 Year Member

okay... there's something about this picture that just doesn't sit right with me. Despite owning a Fit, myself... your Fit seems to look like a minivan here. My best guess is because of the size of the wheels.

Old 05-31-2011, 05:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Goobers
okay... there's something about this picture that just doesn't sit right with me. Despite owning a Fit, myself... your Fit seems to look like a minivan here. My best guess is because of the size of the wheels.
I think it's the 15's. Needs a drop IMO.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GGPJON
I think it's the 15's. Needs a drop IMO.
I normally don't say this... but, yeah... that one needs a drop. having 15s and the stock gap makes the car look like a minivan. that, or bigger wheels... or both.

Even this picture makes it look like an SUV, or minivan on an SUV chassis (like some Mercedes I've been seeing... oversized POS, I hate those Mercs).

Old 05-31-2011, 09:12 AM
The mods improve and personalize the looks.

I say dump the advertising frame around the rear license plate and get a plain black narrow frame with no lettering. That will clean up the rear more.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Paul56
The mods improve and personalize the looks.

I say dump the advertising frame around the rear license plate and get a plain black narrow frame with no lettering. That will clean up the rear more.
Thanks! I always forget about those stupid frames. Been meaning to do that actually. Thanks for the reminder.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:15 PM
i want that spoiler. have you thought of painting the top part of the hatch gloss or satin black (where the spoiler mounts) for a more continuous look?

Old 05-31-2011, 08:18 PM
simple, effective, and budget friendly. i like

Old 05-31-2011, 08:27 PM
5 Year Member
Looks GREAT!! Front fogs would finish it off...I actually like the base bumper (when equipped with fogs) better than the sport.

Nice job

Old 05-31-2011, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
love the alabaster! what spoiler is that and about no much does it cost? do you know if they make it in fiberglass? wanna trade headlights?? i'll ship mine first, so you don't have to be without headlights as i have two cars, and can park the fit for a week or so

Old 06-01-2011, 07:16 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by neil patrick harris
i want that spoiler. have you thought of painting the top part of the hatch gloss or satin black (where the spoiler mounts) for a more continuous look?
Haven't thought about that but you really can't see that part from the ground. That one pic is from my roof.

Originally Posted by jondotcom
Looks GREAT!! Front fogs would finish it off...I actually like the base bumper (when equipped with fogs) better than the sport.

Nice job
Thanks! I actually thought about getting the fog light bezels and just having holes through them so they looked like air ducts. I think they just might look like empty fog light bezels though.

Originally Posted by vtecfit1
love the alabaster! what spoiler is that and about no much does it cost? do you know if they make it in fiberglass? wanna trade headlights?? i'll ship mine first, so you don't have to be without headlights as i have two cars, and can park the fit for a week or so
The spoiler is a seibon TR for the '09 Fit. Cost me $330 shipped from carbonfiberhoods.net. You have to ship it to a business though.

Not looking to swap headlights.

Quick Reply: Pimped my '11 Alabaster Base Fit