2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you think your dealer did the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) properly?
Yes
57.14%
No
42.86%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

PDI procedure

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 10:42 PM
dmy
Angry PDI procedure

I just picked up my new 2011 fit at this week and am kind of upset as it seems that my dealer didn't take the PDI procedure serious.
When I was supposed to pick up the vehicle I noticed some blemishes on the door. I then had to come back the next day so that they could remove them.
While taking delivery I noticed a few minor issues: The AT shift interlock was not set up but still int he glove compartment, and the tools for the backup tire were on the rear floor rather than below the trunk next to the backup tire.
Then after driving it for 20 miles the TPMS light turned on.
I then got a hold of the PDI instructions here 2010 Honda Fit PDI and noticed that not only were all the issues I listed before part of the mandatory PDI but also they apparently didn't bother to set up the TPMS system. In addition I noticed that the dealer was supposed to do a battery test and note the code in the service manual which wasn't done. Plus the instructions require a road test to be done as part of the PDI procedure but the vehicle just had 2 miles when I took delivery so I doubt that this was done as well.
Now I am really unsure if there are more things that the dealer didn't do. For instance the manual is mentioning body plugs which are supposed to be installed in order to reduce the road noise but how should I know what is normal and thus whether they are missing...

I was just wondering what your experience with this is. Are there other people here where the dealer was negligent during the PDI or did most people here not have any similar issues?
And what would you advise me to do? I guess I could go back to the dealer and get the TPMS setup but how do I know they don't omitted other important steps?

Last edited by dmy; 04-21-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
Yes!

Shearer Honda in Rutland VT

~SB

Old 04-21-2011, 11:07 PM
My tire tools etc were sitting under the backseat as well....didn't know they belonged somewhere else

Old 04-22-2011, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackberry Goose
My tire tools etc were sitting under the backseat as well....didn't know they belonged somewhere else
Ditto.

I guess I learned something new today.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Yeah, my tire tools are under the rear passenger side seat. I didn't know until recently they should've been by the spare. However, they are in a nice little niche and seem to fit there well, so I chose to leave them.

What bugs me is that the dealer (Napleton River Oaks in Lansing, IL) didn't do the TPMS procedure, and I had to drive back there (it was about 30 miles at the time) to have it corrected.

Old 04-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems. I picked up my new 2011 Fit about 3 weeks ago in NY. The dealership went over every detail of the car with me before finalizing the deal {we looked over the body for any blemishes, scratches, etc, showed me where the spare tire and tools are located, etc...}. Thankfully, I did not have the TPMS problem you had.....I don't think they took mine for a test drive either as it had only 2 miles on the odo....maybe they just drove it around the block? LOL

Old 04-22-2011, 09:52 AM
Banned
I've had 3 GE Fits and the tool kit is always in the back seat. I just put it under the floor mat. There is no place to secure it in the spare tire well and it will rattle. Would be nice to find a better place for it though.

TPMS light on a new car is unacceptable. You should def get that fixed. Or check your tire pressure.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:05 AM
I will say I had a stone chip in the A pillar that was barely noticeable that I caught and had them write up to be fixed.....well after a week of being on the road that became a moot point as he had about 6 or 7 other buddies to join him.......pretty weak paint that is for sure...Oh only half a tank of gas too. Said bring it back on empty and will fill for me...that was about 5K miles ago......lol

Old 04-22-2011, 10:21 AM
dmy
Body plugs missing too

I just took a look under the car and noticed that the Body plugs are not installed either. The PDI doc specifies that those are to reduce road noise ;(.
I guess the PDI guy didn't really do his job at all ;(

Old 04-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Hmmm..I'll take a look under my car to see if the body plugs are there....good catch!

Old 04-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Hey DMY- I see that you are located in Staten Island....me too! Where did you buy from? When I was shopping for mine a couple of weeks ago, the only Honda dealer on Staten Island didn't have any 2011 Fit Sports...only had the base model...so I had to go to NJ and Brooklyn to test drive/shop. I wound up buying in Brooklyn......

Old 04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Where are the body plugs supposed to be located? I'll also check my car.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:25 PM
dmy
Originally Posted by blazej
Where are the body plugs supposed to be located? I'll also check my car.
Check the PDI docs here: 2010 Honda Fit PDI

There is a graphic which shows the location...

Old 04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
dmy
Originally Posted by Fizban
Hey DMY- I see that you are located in Staten Island....me too! Where did you buy from? When I was shopping for mine a couple of weeks ago, the only Honda dealer on Staten Island didn't have any 2011 Fit Sports...only had the base model...so I had to go to NJ and Brooklyn to test drive/shop. I wound up buying in Brooklyn......
I bought at Plaza Honda in Brooklyn. Where did you buy? And how was your experience?

Old 04-22-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by dmy
Check the PDI docs here: 2010 Honda Fit PDI

There is a graphic which shows the location...
That's an awesome read! Now I know why there was a blown 7.5 amp fuse on the floor of my new Fit.

Time to go out and check for those plugs and see if the tool kit will stay secure in the left rear corner of the tire well.

Great info! +reps for you.

You need to take your car back too or take it to a better dealership. It doesn't sound like they did any of that.

Last edited by Chad T; 04-22-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks, my plugs are missing, I just emailed the dealer about it.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
Yes but I worked at the dealer and did most of it myself.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
My car had everything done, although I found a dead bird in the rear driver side strake. I pulled that out. I am guessing it happened when the car was driving from the dealership it was at to the one I was buying at. I know the car was test driven as it had 113 miles on the odometer when I got it. Which was what I was expecting as the salesman drove it 50 miles back for me personally.

Old 04-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by dmy
I bought at Plaza Honda in Brooklyn. Where did you buy? And how was your experience?
I bought mine at the same place....I have about 350 miles on it and so far, all is good, but I haven't checked for the plugs yet...hopefully they are there....

I had a good experience with my salesman..Steve Schumel.....I'm sure if my plugs are missing, he will take care of me...

Old 04-23-2011, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
Just FYI -- everybody missing body plugs, there's already a big thread on it: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ody-plugs.html

Quick Reply: PDI procedure