2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you think your dealer did the PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) properly?
Yes
57.14%
No
42.86%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

PDI procedure

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 03:52 PM
dmy
Originally Posted by Fizban
I bought mine at the same place....I have about 350 miles on it and so far, all is good, but I haven't checked for the plugs yet...hopefully they are there....

I had a good experience with my salesman..Steve Schumel.....I'm sure if my plugs are missing, he will take care of me...
I just went into their service dept. They supposedly now took care of everything except the plugs... Those they didn't have in stock. I'll have to come in again once they arrive...
So in case yours are also missing make sure to call them up front so they can order them before you come in...

Old 04-23-2011, 03:57 PM
My PDI was done fine... no issues.

Sounds like your PDI was not done... take it back to the dealer and get it done

The PDI procedure, PDF available in another thread here, details the position of the body plugs.

Either your dealer sucks or someone dropped the ball on this particular vehicle.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dmy
I just went into their service dept. They supposedly now took care of everything except the plugs... Those they didn't have in stock. I'll have to come in again once they arrive...
So in case yours are also missing make sure to call them up front so they can order them before you come in...
Or you can order them yourself and have it shipped to you.

The body plugs are easy to install... just like any other plug, shove em in.

Once you do the first, you'll do the rest without looking (easier than trying to get into position to see each time).

I did that when I lost a clip for the front of my bumper. I ordered the clip and body plugs. The clip doesn't actually hold on to anything beyond the bumper, but I ordered it anyway just for consistency.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:24 PM
I just checked both of our Fit's.......mine has the plugs and the rear drakes installed, on the BBP we bought last year at the same dealer the rear drakes are in but none of the plugs.....what do you think the odds are that the dealer will install/give them to us now? We bought that car in January of 2010 and now it is 40K later

Old 04-23-2011, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blackberry Goose
I just checked both of our Fit's.......mine has the plugs and the rear drakes installed, on the BBP we bought last year at the same dealer the rear drakes are in but none of the plugs.....what do you think the odds are that the dealer will install/give them to us now? We bought that car in January of 2010 and now it is 40K later
I think it depends on the dealer -- they could go either way.

But the plugs are relatively cheap: GROMMET, TIE DOWN (20X35) - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories

Even at the local dealer, I can't imagine them costing more than $4 a piece...

Old 08-31-2011, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
LMAO... the protective tape on the front under spoiler was on the car from delivery till the day I traded it in almost 3 years later.

Can't remember where the toolkit was, I think lying in the spare tire well, vs. being secured where it belonged. No idea if I was missing body plugs.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:44 PM
My dealer-Clinton Honda in Annandale NJ-defaced my front bumper by drilling a third hole through the bumper cover for the third license plate bolt even though the two bolts on the bottom secure the lcense plate bracket very well! Even after expressing my disgust to the service manager, he insisted that was their "policy" and he refused to offer any help in order to please me as their customer

Old 09-01-2011, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by richsfit
My dealer-Clinton Honda in Annandale NJ-defaced my front bumper by drilling a third hole through the bumper cover for the third license plate bolt even though the two bolts on the bottom secure the lcense plate bracket very well! Even after expressing my disgust to the service manager, he insisted that was their "policy" and he refused to offer any help in order to please me as their customer
Time for a call to Honda Corp. I'm guessing they never asked you if it was ok to drill a hole in your front bumper. Be prepared to have your service done elsewhere however.

~SB

Old 09-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi Specboy, First call to Amer Honda: a)ty were sympathetic; b) they sated that the DID NOT support the dealer(s) drilling in to front bumper; c) advised to asap bring my to my selling dealer and speak to the Service Mngr (which I've done)-no sympathy there.
District Service Mngr called and stated she supports honda dealer and since it isn't a warranty issue, they refused to involve themselves

Old 09-02-2011, 10:46 AM
I had many of the same problems. Mainly the TPMS light coming on on my drive home. I posted it on here, and someone responded witht he procedure to activate the TPMS, so I jsut did it myself. I figured if the service person wasn't smart enough to read, he would do it wrong when he tried to fix it.

I had to also put the radio antenna on myself, because they left it laying on the dash The, When I first washed the car, I noticed a lot of adhesive, from the plastic protection they stick on, all over my roof.