2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Kind of exciting..

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Kind of exciting..

Im not a fan of the wheels or fitment in general,

but..its got a kswap, and hell, its on canibeat so...whatev lol
Skipping To A Different Beat: Bagged Fit From China | Canibeat

Is the owner even on FF? I think we would have seen this car before..

Old 06-07-2011, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member

nice...

Old 06-07-2011, 06:19 AM
Looks very nice but about as practical for road use as a convertible with top down in the rain. The body kit would be destroyed in less than one day driving on the roads here in Texas. Can't imagine roads in China are smooth enough to ride that low.

_

Old 06-07-2011, 07:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverbulletCSVT
Looks very nice but about as practical for road use as a convertible with top down in the rain. The body kit would be destroyed in less than one day driving on the roads here in Texas. Can't imagine roads in China are smooth enough to ride that low.

_
you'd be surprised what some businesses are willing to do, even across country borders.

I was visiting Cambodia a little over 3 years ago, and I was on a bus that went over a long road that was being built. Very smooth on the semi-completed parts.

And this, was funded by Thailand! (for the businesses that come across).

Old 06-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Goobers
you'd be surprised what some businesses are willing to do, even across country borders.

I was visiting Cambodia a little over 3 years ago, and I was on a bus that went over a long road that was being built. Very smooth on the semi-completed parts.

And this, was funded by Thailand! (for the businesses that come across).
haha here's the other extreme, 6 years ago I took a bus from Aranyapethet, Thailand to Siemreap, Cambodia. About 100 miles on a dirt, muddy, bumpy potholed, rutted out road. A/C on bus went out after 15 miles and outside temps near 100 degrees. 25 miles later and the bus broke an axle, waited 1-1/2 hours in the heat for a replacement bus. Replacement bus had no A/C and also 3 fewer seats so me and two lucky others got to sit on the floor. Around 12 hours total travel time for a 100 mile bus ride.

Could also be the same road you mentioned as back then some talk about paving it and Thailand helping with cost. But Cambodia airport at Siemreap was fighting it to keep their monopoly. Some crazy high plane fares out of that airport. High percentage of people usually decided to not ride the 10 hr torture treatment bus back for some reason. The airport was ready for this with highly inflated one way prices out.

_

Old 06-07-2011, 09:08 AM
5 Year Member
Pretty cool looking car. I think I posted some videos of his car making runs on the streets of China - unless there is another k20 swap in a ge8 there.

I've seen plenty of super-slammed GEs like this on carview, but I still think the best looking part is the grille, which is OEM, and only available with the stubby front end overseas. I might as well try wrapping the lower edge of my grille in some of that flexible metallic tape/vinyl stuff. I even made a post about it a while back, but it seems I am alone in my tastes on this one.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SilverbulletCSVT

_
if you read the article it says the ge8 is on an air-ride suspension; lay frame for pics then back up to stock height for nasty roads. even still, those rubber band tires won't protect the wheels from pot-holes or cracked pavement... i can't imagine this fit winning any time attacks but it sure is nice to look at and i bet it goes really fast in a straight line

Last edited by GD3_Wagoon; 06-07-2011 at 10:59 AM.