2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED's

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 04:46 AM
LED's

Anyone replace their parking lights with LED's or the indoor lights with them??

Old 08-04-2011, 09:56 AM
I've replaced the map, dome, and cargo lights with LEDs. It's a big improvement over the old bulbs.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 PM
Have you replaced any outside lights with LED's

Old 08-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i think the contacts are the same, just has LED's where the traditional bulb would have a filament.

im not sure if i want to be messing with LED's though unless your car came with it from the factory cause the resistance is different and could cause werd things to happen electronically on some cars. if you must have LED's try the ones other members have already had success with.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
i think the contacts are the same, just has LED's where the traditional bulb would have a filament.

im not sure if i want to be messing with LED's though unless your car came with it from the factory cause the resistance is different and could cause werd things to happen electronically on some cars. if you must have LED's try the ones other members have already had success with.
Thanks friend

Old 08-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan

I'd also be worried about directionality issues with exterior LEDs. That is, LEDs are really good at pointing in a particular direction, but most exterior lights you want to be seen from all around. Without the lens designed to spread the light around, I'd be reluctant to replace stuff like turning signals, brake lights, etc.

For the inside though, LEDs are really nice.

Old 08-04-2011, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Well I got all my Interior led and in the outside , I just have the reverse lights led , license plate light, and the brake/service lights led! And I love it

Old 08-04-2011, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
i've done the cargo, map and dome and license plate lights. for the reverse i used the sylvania ultra brights or whatever they're called (same color as my leds, but take advantage of the reflective bowl). i LOVE my leds. oh, i also installed some in the door handles that light up when i unlock the car and i'll be putting some led strips in for footwell lights in the next week or two.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
All interior bulbs/license plate/reverse/jdm led tails/led turn signals added to tails

The only difference I've seen besides looking amazing is that my turn signals blink at a faster rate now that I've run led's

Last edited by lowkeymods; 08-05-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:13 PM
5 Year Member
They sell an led dome replacement at autozone that works just fine.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
All interior bulbs/license plate/reverse/jdm led tails/led turn signals added to tails

The only difference I've seen besides looking amazing is that my turn signals blink at a faster rate now that I've run led's
your turn signal blinks faster because the led doesn't have the same resistance as a normal bulb, so your car thinks it's burnt out. (blinking faster is the car's way of telling you your bulb is burnt out) you can either buy the led's that have the resistor built in, or just add one yourself to fix the issue.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:28 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jnesselroad
i've done the cargo, map and dome and license plate lights. for the reverse i used the sylvania ultra brights or whatever they're called (same color as my leds, but take advantage of the reflective bowl). i LOVE my leds. oh, i also installed some in the door handles that light up when i unlock the car and i'll be putting some led strips in for footwell lights in the next week or two.
How did u manage to put led in the door handles? I wouldnt mind it !

Originally Posted by jnesselroad
your turn signal blinks faster because the led doesn't have the same resistance as a normal bulb, so your car thinks it's burnt out. (blinking faster is the car's way of telling you your bulb is burnt out) you can either buy the led's that have the resistor built in, or just add one yourself to fix the issue.
And what kind of led bulb can we get for the turning signals with build in resistors? I've been wanting to do this but was reading a while another u would need to upgrade the flasher for it Not to flash rapidly! But if there is led bulbs with the right resistor , where can I get a set?