2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fit doesn't support usb?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 02:33 AM
fit doesn't support usb?

hey all,

I was driving her 09 fit sport today listening to her music on her usb and suddenly it popped up a messaging saying it was unsupported...

Usually, we would get an unplayable file and be able to change the song, but with the unsupported.... it just didn't let us change songs or anything related to it.

we've always been listening to her music on her usb and it worked fine for the pass 4 days after she added new songs.

anyone know what could have caused it?

thanks in advance

Old 08-18-2011, 08:23 AM
Restart the iPod.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:53 AM
its not an ipod...
we used a usb drive...

well its okay now, after i told her to just reformat it.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Wait, so a USB drive?

Originally Posted by nuoccam
its not an ipod...
we used a usb drive...

well its okay now, after i told her to just reformat it.
are you saying you can connect a flash drive and play music from there? I have seen the folder structure of the music on the Navi but didn't know that you could use a drive. Can you confirm my interest?

Old 09-05-2011, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kcbates85
are you saying you can connect a flash drive and play music from there? I have seen the folder structure of the music on the Navi but didn't know that you could use a drive. Can you confirm my interest?
I too use a USB flash drive for my music, after the iPod my ex had given me while he and I had been dating died on me. I didn't want to hand Apple that much money for something I'd have to "break" to get to work with my home computer (Linux <3) so I bought myself a 32GB flash drive.

The only annoyance is that it gets difficult to find the songs I want sometimes. It doesn't recognize nested folders, navigates through them all as if they were all top level folders. I usually just leave it set to random - all folders and let my car decide what we're listening to. Occasionally this means I gotta hit the skip button... but oh well, no big. I really should hit a pick and pull and look for the bit to add the music nav buttons to my steering wheel.

Occasionally I just need to turn the stereo off and back on again, because the car will get silly and think the drive's unsupported. I'm not sure if it's just because I got the cheapest drive I could find, which was also probably the one with the slowest read/write speed, or if the car's protesting because the drive's 32GB. Either way, it only makes a fuss right after I've mounted the drive on a computer between uses in the car, and even then it doesn't always protest. *shrugs* Everything plays fine outside of that, so I'm not worried.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:01 PM
s30
I also use a flash drive to listen to my music. it seems like I have to reformat the card once in awhile as well.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:23 PM
5 Year Member
Usb...

Originally Posted by kcbates85
Yeah, infact I'd recommend using an USB. They are relatively cheap, so if the heat and/or theft become an issue? You haven't lost much. Small, easily attached...one $10.00 or less investment and you can travel with all your tunes...