2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

better handling

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 11:57 AM
alright. i just need to find a track somewhere in san diego

Old 08-25-2011, 12:36 PM
5 Year Member
Road trip to Button or Seca. I'm would imagine there are other circuits a few hours away or even get involved in local auto-x.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BIGSAMV
i am looking to make my 2010 fit's handling a little more responsive. whats the best option for a moderate budget? as in shocks/ x bars / etc.
I recommend that you learn how to drive your car in stock form because adding supension bits here and there aimlessly. Seat time is the most important thing.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
Not really that many tracks around in SD...there are some back roads around my area that you pull off short stints. Mostly deserted too.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:47 PM
1) Do a local autocross stock, get pissed and hate your tires because you're going straight even when your wheel is turned.

2) Go get decent summer tires

3) Go back and have more fun. Do this more.

4) Get tired of cones and go to a HPDE (come up to Streets of Willow Springs if there's nothing by you, it's beginner friendly too).

5) Get pissed because your car is doing _________

6) Get something to fix _________

7) Go back and have more fun. Do this more.

#3 and #7 are most important though. Good luck

Old 08-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
1) Do a local autocross stock, get pissed and hate your tires because you're going straight even when your wheel is turned.

2) Go get decent summer tires

3) Go back and have more fun. Do this more.

4) Get tired of cones and go to a HPDE (come up to Streets of Willow Springs if there's nothing by you, it's beginner friendly too).

5) Get pissed because your car is doing _________

6) Get something to fix _________

7) Go back and have more fun. Do this more.

#3 and #7 are most important though. Good luck
I like this. Makes it more fun definitely!

Old 08-25-2011, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
Did SD stop doing the whole Saturday event at the Q? Where they convert the parking lot into little tracks that are/were sanctioned by the cops.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:23 AM
i never new they have events a the stadium but i looked it up and they are still doing it. here is the schedual:

San Diego Region -- Solo 2 Schedule

i cant wait to get started! but ill have to do some research as auto x is a new concept to me.

i definitely agree with "wanderer". i will follow that list and add on as i find things to improve. i have been taking long drives around town and have been finding many streets with no traffic at all as they lead to abandoned housing projects. i find myself going out of the way just to get one run through roads even if it means a good 20-25 minutes of drive. certainly worth it!

Old 08-26-2011, 03:14 AM
5 Year Member
here's another one... racelegal.com

want to race a cop? http://racelegal.com/community/code-4/

Old 08-26-2011, 11:52 PM
i cant wait to race. i just have to wait for my fit to get back from the shop. the transmission froze up because there was no transmission fluid in it.... i am still trying to solve that mystery

Old 08-27-2011, 02:01 AM
I have a 2011 Fit Base. I put AS 195 x60 AS T rate Hancook tires on it and a progressive RSB.
I drove at Pacific International Raceway in Seattle as hard & fast as it would go. It never lost its composure. I though sure the brakes would surely overheat & become a problem, but even after 30 minutes of hard lapping they never let me down. The Fit is an amazing little car that doesn't need a lot of suspension mods to be driven hard. Since best bang for buck is the rear sway bar. You will feel the benefit in your daily driving with flatter cornering

Old 08-27-2011, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by danlisahall@comcast.net
I have a 2011 Fit Base. I put AS 195 x60 AS T rate Hancook tires on it and a progressive RSB.
I drove at Pacific International Raceway in Seattle as hard & fast as it would go. It never lost its composure. I though sure the brakes would surely overheat & become a problem, but even after 30 minutes of hard lapping they never let me down. The Fit is an amazing little car that doesn't need a lot of suspension mods to be driven hard. Since best bang for buck is the rear sway bar. You will feel the benefit in your daily driving with flatter cornering
I think the Swift Springs would probably do something similar. It was definitely better than before the install.

I guess I can't say what a RSB does, or rather, what the Fit would be like without it, since I have the Sports trim (which comes with an RSB as stock).

So if you're up for one more change... springs. I vote for Swifts ($250+, not too pricey).

EDIT: WHOOPS, I had the price wrong.. it was $250+, not the $153 I had put originally.

Last edited by Goobers; 08-30-2011 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:46 PM
im guessing the swifts will lower my car a little and since its already low as is, will bottoming out on dips/bumps be a problem? my fit already does scrape the front bumper on dips a decent amount as is

Old 08-30-2011, 12:53 AM
5 Year Member
If you're scraping now it might be an issue. I've never scraped w/ the Swifts, but I've also been alot more careful since install. They force you to drive more thoughtfully I guess.

Old 08-30-2011, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
If you're scraping stock, you should learn to drive.

Old 08-30-2011, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
Be glad that you have a base model... The last time I drove my sport model to town I got back home and found that the front bumper had torn loose from the fenders on both sides.. The temperature was about 110 and the bumper was distorted on one side... I will have to see if I can reshape It with a heat gun after I hook it back together if it is still messed up. The body shops around here even have pickups with front body cladding that gets torn up coming in for repairs.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:02 AM
5 Year Member
im guessing the swifts will lower my car a little and since its already low as is, will bottoming out on dips/bumps be a problem? my fit already does scrape the front bumper on dips a decent amount as is
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
If you're scraping now it might be an issue. I've never scraped w/ the Swifts, but I've also been alot more careful since install. They force you to drive more thoughtfully I guess.
Scraping mostly caused by driving too fast over bumps and through potholes. Pay Attention and slow down.

I have had my Swifts for over a year now and only scraped once on a concrete curb in parking lot that I drove too close too.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:57 AM
5 Year Member
I had a quite low Integra with ITR kit and didn't scrape once.

:shrug:

Old 08-30-2011, 11:40 AM
5 Year Member
Yeah! Learn to drive your car first! Anyone can go fast. Just press the gas pedal. It's what you do when you're driving fast, is where your skills, from experience comes in. Don't let that speedo outrun your know-how. Keeps it safe for the rest of us.

Start with knowing your car - engine oil, transmission fluid...

Last edited by Subie; 08-30-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
I installed both front and rear tort/sway bar on the bottom and change to 17" low profile tire.

Changing the stock tires/rim took off some weight - but I did it mostly for the looks.

Quick Reply: better handling