2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Must have extras?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member
I don't know if I would define any "extra's" as must have...

The "extra's" I had installed or purchased for my Fit:

Side Moulding
Clear Bra-3M
OEM All-Season Floor Mats
OEM Center Console/Arm Rest
OEM Cargo Cover
Interior floorwell ambience lighting package.

In the case of the Clear Bra and the side moulding? Protective. Hard to say how valuable because it's function is to keep things from happening. Over a year of ownership? I'd say my Fit probably has less chips showing, and no major dings on the side. Mission Accomplished? Worth the investment? Personal judgement call.

Definite NON- recommendation. OEM all-season floormats. Not the worst thing in the world, but IMO not particularly good quality in comparison to other mats available. If I had a do-over, I would NOT of gotten them. Again IMO, the rubber is too soft.

Maybe not "Must Haves"....but I have enjoyed them the most. Rear hatch cargo cover and upgraded center console/arm rest.

I love the cargo cover, I like the privacy it offers and I at least imagine that it helps reduce rear hatch "noise".

IMO the center console/arm rest...that slides and lifts up? I really like it. I think it makes the whole vehicle look better, I like the improved arm rest, and it creates a "hidden" storage area beneath the arm itself.

The ony drawbacks? In both the cases of the Cargo Cover and the center console. From the dealership they are both highly overpriced. I'd recommend them, but personally feel in both cases Honda should of just made them part of the vehicle to start with...the fact that these IMO basics..are extra...is kind of a bummer. I purchased a "sport model" and wonder why (at the time) things as basic as floormats and cargo covers and a decent center console arm rest was "extra".

So I'd say:

Like the most:
Cargo Cover
Arm Rest

Optional and value is subjective/marginal
Clear Bra
Side Mouldings
Interior Lighting-(Too dim, and on 2010's does not light up center console area)

Would not purchase:
OEM all season matts....