2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Misunderstandng about the seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Question Misunderstandng about the seats

I bought a red 2009 Fit Sport a few weeks ago. It only just under 16K miles on it, and I'm absolutely loving it. It's one of the best cars I've ever driven (and I work at a car dealer where I drive many cars). I was bragging about it to one of my coworkers and he mentioned how he heard that the front seatssare supposed to fold completely flat like a bed. I've tried out all the other seat configurations and I love how the rear seats fold completely flat and the rear seat cushions also fold uptown allow full top to bottom access. I looked it up on Wikipedia and sure enough it says there that on all generations the font seats are supposed to lie down completely flat optimal front to back storage. Is this their idea of folding down flat:

...or am I a stupid idiot who can't figure it out? I've checked the user manual and it didn't say anything. I'm considering emailing my sales rep but I doubt he knows how to do it since he never mentioned it as a feature. Help me, Fit Freaks!

Last edited by GreatRedDragon; 09-21-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:29 PM
I think that is the "refresh mode" and is found on GD Fits (pre 09). GE has no such thing.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:34 PM
5 Year Member
USDM GE's don't have that feature due to the slightly taller front seats, all other markets do have it, afaik. All first gen Fits (GD's) have that feature as well. -refresh mode-

Old 09-21-2011, 12:36 PM
IIRC the USDM seats are slightly larger than elsewhere preventing the refresh mode.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Fraking ninjas ninjaing my replies.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member

LMAO @ ninjaing .... gotta start using that verb.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM
It wasn't a misunderstanding. It was a misreading on my part. I am stupid. Just for different reasons. Why would they take that feature away from the second gens?

Old 09-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir

LMAO @ ninjaing .... gotta start using that verb.
Ninja please.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by GreatRedDragon
It wasn't a misunderstanding. It was a misreading on my part. I am stupid. Just for different reasons. Why would they take that feature away from the second gens?
USDM needs to support the size of Americans. We just need taller seats.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Probably did a case study with Americans asking "would you rather have taller seats or refresh mode" and the majority of people voted for taller seats.

Honestly, I don't think i'd ever use refresh mode if it was available in the GE, if I wanted to sleep in the car i'd just fold the back seats down and sleep on a comforter.

Old 09-21-2011, 01:05 PM
5 Year Member
Why would they take that feature away from the second gens?
Because the world thinks the majority of us are over eating fatties.

A few of us discussed importing front seats from other markets back in 09 when the GE first came out, but not worth it $$$$-wise. It would be nice to regain refresh, but even I, (a major supporter of that idea) gave up on it.... I'd now rather invest that in a nice Recaro drivers side seat (Damn you, Chad T... thanks for the DIY, and idea)

Old 09-21-2011, 03:23 PM
5 Year Member
I looked it up on Wikipedia and sure enough it says there that on all generations the font seats are supposed to lie down completely flat optimal front to back storage. Help me, Fit Freaks!
Just a thought. Have you tried moving the front seat all the way forward before folding?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
i was just thinking..."dont trust wikipedia!" but i didn't know this either. i've had my 11 GE8 for about 2 weeks now and was thinking i could still do the whole flush fold down thing, DARN!

Old 09-23-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Subie
Just a thought. Have you tried moving the front seat all the way forward before folding?
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but that's the only way I've tried it. I might be stupid but at least I have some common sense.

Originally Posted by malraux
USDM needs to support the size of Americans. We just need taller seats.
I thought that was why the headrest could be raised and lowered.

Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Probably did a case study with Americans asking "would you rather have taller seats or refresh mode" and the majority of people voted for taller seats.

Honestly, I don't think i'd ever use refresh mode if it was available in the GE, if I wanted to sleep in the car i'd just fold the back seats down and sleep on a comforter.
I would totally use refresh mode. It seems like a great feature to have! Especially every time I really screw up at home and my wife makes me sleep out in the car.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:19 PM
5 Year Member
Not sure if you're being sarcastic but that's the only way I've tried it. I might be stupid but at least I have some common sense.
Nope, not at all. Just trying to help! I don't read minds, just posts! Most common error is operator/user error. Lighten up! Stick around the forum long enough and you'll see...

Old 09-23-2011, 04:59 PM
5 Year Member
Ninja please.
There's a difference between ninja and ninjer.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Subie
Nope, not at all. Just trying to help! I don't read minds, just posts! Most common error is operator/user error. Lighten up! Stick around the forum long enough and you'll see...
No offense taken. I should have used a Smiley face in that post. I'm well aware of the pitfalls of user error in most things in my life.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Good! Mine when reclined all the way down (without headrest, seat all the way forward) can be like a lounge chair if you sit in the back passenger seat. Pretty neat. But didn't happen on my first attempt till I wiggled the front seat an extra notch forward so thought I'd mention it. But then again mine's an '08.