2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

JDM emblems - cool or poser?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:19 PM
JDM emblems - cool or poser?

First of all, sorry if this is a repost or in the wrong section..

Anyhow, was wondering what the consensus is on the red 'H' badges front and rear. Cool? Poser? Im sure there will be differing opinions and Im a bit split myself.

Thoughts?

Old 09-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Do what you like. Don't ask for validation from anyone.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
This has been discussed: https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/othe...hypocrisy.html

Nowadays it's generally accepted, but just know what it is really meant for.

Would I put it on a Honda that is barely modified? Probably not. Maybe on one with lots of actual JDM parts.

Last edited by Vanct; 09-21-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Do what you like. Don't ask for validation from anyone.
Understood, and Im not looking for validation. As I said, Im conflicted so Im looking for any reasoning either way to help gain info to form my own opinion if that makes any sense.

Vanct, thanks for the link to the other thread too!

Old 09-21-2011, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
Since you're asking. Fits in japan don't come with civic badges. If it fits your "jdm lifestyle" do it the red looks nice!!

Old 09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
5 Year Member
i say that it's ur car and u can do what ever u want with it! we all have our own taste. my opinion is that the red "H" badge looks awesome, it does not matter if the car is stock or not. my biggest beef is putting on non-OEM badges such as the cheaper ebay red emblems or replacing the "H" with the old superstreet emblems. but again, it is only my opinion, many others could think else wise.

the thing is, u'll get way to many opinions... in the end, who's driving the car?

Old 09-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by joey_fits
"jdm lifestyle"

What is your opinion on it 12tooth? Why are you conflicted? I think you like it and are afraid other people will think it's ricey so you made this thread to test the waters. If you didn't like it you probably wouldn't have bothered making this thread.

amirite?

/drphil

Old 09-21-2011, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
I don't personally care for the red inserts and H emblems, the RS emblems however I like, and will probably be getting both the front and rear ones.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.

What is your opinion on it 12tooth? Why are you conflicted? I think you like it and are afraid other people will think it's ricey so you made this thread to test the waters. If you didn't like it you probably wouldn't have bothered making this thread.

amirite?

/drphil
Dr Phil,

A bit pricey (for geniune Honda JDM) for a small splash of color that Im not even 100% sure I like the red on blue anyway. But it does stand out nice and is subtle, my Fit is pretty clean and I like the subtle touches type of upgrades. I removed the Fit emblem on the hatch, no front plate (not even a front plate mounting hole) and I dont have any other stickers visible on the outside of the vehicle. I would remove the H's altogether if it was left looking clean which obviously isnt a possibility given the moulding around the H's.

What other people think is not of a major concern but I dont really enjoy the 'Rice' factor personally and prefer not to be lumped in with that given the choice.

I think Im going to save my $$ for some nice rims/tires at this point. The red is a little too flash for me and doesnt really represent the intention of the different emblem. Now if I could get blue H's to match the BSP then I would be game

Thanks for helping me think about it all, much appreciated.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by 12toothassassin
Dr Phil,
A bit pricey (for geniune Honda JDM) for a small splash of color that Im not even 100% sure I like the red on blue anyway.

I dont really enjoy the 'Rice' factor personally and prefer not to be lumped in with that given the choice.

I think Im going to save my $$ for some nice rims/tires at this point. The red is a little too flash for me and doesnt really represent the intention of the different emblem. Now if I could get blue H's to match the BSP then I would be game
Sounds like you were right about your opinion all along

They used to make blue emblems back in the day, like mid to late 90's but those were the small ones.

My opinion: Leave it alone. Get your wheels.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Since I don't feel like spending out my ass for JDM products and this thread is relevant at the moment:

Do you think these are a good buy?
Yellow Fit Emblem

Also are these the right sizes to go on a fit?
I am having a hard time finding the sizing on these!

Thanks and sorry for jacking your thread!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
I like them, especially when you color coordinate the emblems with the color of the car. Since I have a red Fit, it automatically looks awesome. TW really brings out the emblem colors too.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
I say as long as they are real jdm H's then go for it. I have them..

Old 09-22-2011, 12:14 AM
5 Year Member
Neither cool or poser. I'm not a fan of the red H emblem. It makes the car look like a comical red nose cartoon character. Doesn't work for me.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:15 AM
5 Year Member
I have a milano red so I went with the red H's to match the car and distinguish it from the other fits on the road out here. Everyone I know loves em. And I can't remember who but someone on here was selling blue emblems. I'll see if I can find it for you. I wanna say it was DecalDude but don't hold me to that.

Idk how many times i've said this to people, but In the end it's your opinion and your car. Do what makes you happy.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:39 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by myblackhatch
I say as long as they are real jdm H's then go for it. I have them..
word! stick with OEM emblems...

Old 09-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Only the real jdm emblems are accepted. Blue, yellow or any other color are the posers. Honda only sells red ones that should be a hint.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:33 AM
JDM is an expensive fad name. Just like Hollister and other BS products.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i had red Honda emblems on my white prelude many years ago and i liked it cause it looked good.

it's really up to you. i suppose if you put a JAZZ emblem on a Fit that might be pushing it but then again it's your car. some folks even put silly dolls in their cars thinking it's cool.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
I'd NEVER do red badges, but I will do a Jazz badge. Although I only want a Jazz badge because I love the UK.

Quick Reply: JDM emblems - cool or poser?