2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fresh in the FIT World

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 05:11 PM
5 Year Member
Arrow Fresh in the FIT World

WHATTUP FitFreaks!!

I'm new in the game and want some true advice from some true FIT drivers out there. I have a 2010 Honda Fit (Taffeta) and want to customize it.

Wish list (in priority order):
-HID's (Bright headlights/blue foglights)
-Interior footwell lighting (Blue preferable..control multi-color would be awesome)
-Bike/Snowboard rack
-Black Rims with a chrome lip

I know there are threads and posts out there with all the information I need but it gets overwhelming sometimes and thought of just starting my first thread.

If you could give me some tips and pointers on how to get my FIT started up..that would be greatly appreciated.

Links and especially pictures would be legit.

Thanks fellow FIT drivers..I'll post pictures of my journey on customizing my FIT

-----------------------------------------------------------------[Details]---------------------------------------------------------------------------

HID's:
-I've looked through pages and sites and I'm curious, does it look good if I place bright headlights and blue foglights? I'm not feelin' the 3000K yellow foglights like most drivers. I'm trying to go with a blue and white theme on my car

Footwell lighting
-I want blue footwell lighting but I'm sure i'll be wanting to change it time to time. I've found controlled multi-color lightings but I want to know what's a good route on purchasing them. Ebay, or a certain site. Recommendendations?

Roof Rack
-Yakima or thule..what do you recommend?

Rims
-At this very moment, budget is tight to go all out on customizing. Has anyone painted their original stock rims? I'm thinking of painting my stock rims black in the mean time. I just want to see if anyone out there has done that

Last edited by CoolWhip18; 09-24-2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:15 PM
HID's - I run the slim ballast HID's off of ddmtuning.com their cheap but good quality

Roof Rack - I like Yakima, but it's just a personal opinion

Rims - Yes you can paint your stocks. (I did mine in blue, see sig.)

Welcome to the forum and wish you the best of luck

Old 09-24-2011, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Fawbusha,

Sorry for asking the novice questions but what's the difference between a slim ballast and a normal?

Regarding the rims..legit man!! I needed someone out there that did something I might want to do. What kind of paint did you use and does it look legit?! As if you bought the rims painted blue already?!

Old 09-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Slim ballasts are just smaller than regular and easier to find a place to put em.

I used Dupli-Color Metal Specks MS400 - Ocean Blue and then shot a couple coats of rattle can clear coat

Old 09-24-2011, 05:39 PM
5 Year Member
Legit man,

Looks hella sick. Time for me to research the paint.

Did you sand paper the rims before applying the paint, or did you just spray on?

What kind of visors did you get? How much and from where?!

I think you just inspired me haha

Old 09-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by CoolWhip18
Legit man,

Looks hella sick. Time for me to research the paint.

Did you sand paper the rims before applying the paint, or did you just spray on?

What kind of visors did you get? How much and from where?!

I think you just inspired me haha
Haha, thanks for the compliment. I didn't sand the wheels because they were mint, no scratches or road debris. I cleaned em up with rubbing alcohol before putting the paint on though. Giving them a good wet sanding wouldn't hurt though. My visors are OEM Honda visors, I got the dealer to put them on when I bought the car.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
Damn, my car has gone through thick and thin with the mileage. I need to inspect the rims later on the day and check if I have any severe knicks.

How many cans did you use to paint all 4 rims? I'm researchin' what kind of black paint to use and so far amazon has some good prices.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:58 PM
I used 3 cans of the blue and 4 cans of clear

Old 09-24-2011, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
Ima look into it now.

There's one check for my checklist.

HID's
-Checking out ddmtuning.com right now. You got both your headlights and fogs there right? Which kit did you purchase? Did you have to strip your bumper off? and of course another of my many questions..did you get a new housing for your HID kit?

Old 09-24-2011, 06:45 PM
I got 6k lo's and 3k fogs both are the 35 watt. (I opted for the low not the hi/low kit due to extra wires) I took my bumper off to do the install and what do you mean by "new housing"

Old 09-24-2011, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
I was reading something about changing the headlight housing to make it look better. Obviously I have no idea but I was thinking you would have to replace the whole plastic headlight covering. Haha I'm a total novice.

What's your take on if I were to place bright headlights and blue foglights? Would that be a 6K headlight/10k foglight combination? The higher the number the bluer it gets..right?

Old 09-24-2011, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Visors are a sore spot with me because 99% of the companies out there use cheap double sided tape. That and I am not a huge fan of the US factory visor style I prefer the JDM look, not the price $249. So I found these, I have them on now and they are just stellar, and they are around the same price as the dealer ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-11-HONDA-FIT-shade-vent-window-visors-4PC-CLIP-ON-/200620039633?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &fits=Make%3AHonda|Model%3AFit&hash=item2eb5e2d dd1

And I may be doing the rim paint myself, it's a lot more cost effective and I want a dark bronze to my factory rims, I think it will set off my BBP Fit nicely.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:01 PM
I was reading something about changing the headlight housing to make it look better. Obviously I have no idea but I was thinking you would have to replace the whole plastic headlight covering. Haha I'm a total novice.

What's your take on if I were to place bright headlights and blue foglights? Would that be a 6K headlight/10k foglight combination? The higher the number the bluer it gets..right?
Yeah you can retrofit projectors in the housing but it's up to you and its alot of work. 10 is as blue as you can go before getting purple looking lights. 6k is also a blue color

Old 09-24-2011, 07:03 PM

Old 09-24-2011, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
Good look out Fawbusha

I'm just itching to get my car fixed up already!! I think i'm going to look at a 6K/10K combination.

Any new and upcoming improvements on your FIT?

Old 09-24-2011, 07:42 PM
5 Year Member
Good look out Fit4Spl

Checked out the link and hah, something I can afford with my present budget.

And regarding the rims..I'm soo bought on the custom paint on my stock rims. Its truly cost effective

Are you or know anyone rocking interior foot-well lights?!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member
As for interior lighting I used LEDs and resistors to create my own from a local surplus store and spent a total of $6 to do the front foot wells. Much cheaper than the $78 Honda option.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Did you directly wire it to the battery or how did you link it up to a power source?

Old 09-24-2011, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
I found a circuit that was ignition on and had no wires on it in the fuse panel, simply wired to that and now when the car is turned on the under lighting comes on.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:48 AM
Good look out Fawbusha

I'm just itching to get my car fixed up already!! I think i'm going to look at a 6K/10K combination.

Any new and upcoming improvements on your FIT?
Not for awhile. I'm about to get forward deployed so I'm going to wait till I get back to do anything