2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What??? Hondata Flashpro....read on

Old 09-29-2011, 10:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by blackndecker
American Honda Sales Figures For August 2011 | 2012 Honda Civic Forum

YTD sales figures as of 8/2011 (YTD 8/2011)
CR-Z - 9,635 (694)
Fit - 43,000 (36,000)

As you can see, approximately 4 Fits are sold for every 1 CR-Z this year. Since the introduction of the CR-Z, there have been almost 10 Fits sold for every 1 CR-Z.
lol how many of those fits are modded.... and how many of those fits are actually serious about performance? yall are better off begging for the reflash! reading through this site doesnt make me believe that many fit owners want to take performance to that level.... i dont want to sound like an a$$ but most are trying to figure out if a 16x7 38et wheel will fit without rubbing! how many of yall that want it already have ihe and are waiting for the next step? for those of you who have/ had an 8gen civic si like me know that the whole hondata begging thing doesnt really work lol.... many of us waited and got tested with the reflash, passed that and showed interest for more and got the flashpro after years of waiting.... it sucks for the ones who are actually ready to move forward but yall should know that from a business point of view it would make no sense.... and as for the crz, well its too new for yall to knock the idea of a hybrid "sports" car making it.... i have seen crazier sh!t since i joined the scene in 1997

Old 09-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the honest feedback...but I believe your arguments do not hold up.
Originally Posted by atokin
lol how many of those fits are modded.... and how many of those fits are actually serious about performance?

reading through this site doesnt make me believe that many fit owners want to take performance to that level.... i dont want to sound like an a$$ but most are trying to figure out if a 16x7 38et wheel will fit without rubbing!
How many of those CRZs are modded? All I see around me are 50+ year olds driving CRZs. Check the CRZ forum...you see the same threads asking about wheel fitment. But then again, I see the same threads on Evo forums, STI forums, 8thgencivic forums, Clubrsx.com, etc etc etc. So what's the point?
yall are better off begging for the reflash!
Ummm...that's what we are doing. Welcome to the present, glad to have you.
how many of yall that want it already have ihe and are waiting for the next step?
The computer on the Fit is so adaptive, I really don't see the point of bolt ons before a tuning solution materializes. Sure, you'll see meager gains (3-5 hp at the top of the powerband) for about 4 hrs before the computer adjusts the AFR back to stock. Is that worth a $250 intake, $300 header, $400 exhaust? To some yes, to others no.

for those of you who have/ had an 8gen civic si like me know that the whole hondata begging thing doesnt really work lol.... many of us waited and got tested with the reflash, passed that and showed interest for more and got the flashpro after years of waiting....
I disagree. FlashPro transformed the civic SI into a real alternative to a RSX, EP3, or Kswapped car. Prior to that, 8thgen owners were left with only bolt ons. Now every aftermarket engine upgrade is available. Furthermore, the owners of 8thgen civics with the R18 begged for FlashPro....and guess what? They got it! Your argument here fails because Hondata legitimized the Si.

it sucks for the ones who are actually ready to move forward but yall should know that from a business point of view it would make no sense....
I disagree. The GE8 Fit/Jazz is one of the most heavily modified cars in the world...especially in Asian countries. This is because it's cheap, handles well, and is fun to drive. Once the warranties expire and prices fall, more and more enthusiasits will pick up used Fits and start to modify them. This will eventually happen, all I'm asking is for a FlashPro sooner rather than later.
and as for the crz, well its too new for yall to knock the idea of a hybrid "sports" car making it.... i have seen crazier sh!t since i joined the scene in 1997
No point in aruging this because neither of us knows the answer.

Last edited by blackndecker; 09-29-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:26 PM
Email sent.....

Old 09-29-2011, 02:28 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the honest feedback...but I believe your arguments do not hold up.

How many of those CRZs are modded? All I see around me are 50+ year olds driving CRZs. Check the CRZ forum...you see the same threads asking about wheel fitment. But then again, I see the same threads on Evo forums, STI forums, 8thgencivic forums, Clubrsx.com, etc etc etc. So what's the point?

Ummm...that's what we are doing. Welcome to the present, glad to have you.

The computer on the Fit is so adaptive, I really don't see the point of bolt ons before a tuning solution materializes. Sure, you'll see meager gains (3-5 hp at the top of the powerband) for about 4 hrs before the computer adjusts the AFR back to stock. Is that worth a $250 intake, $300 header, $400 exhaust? To some yes, to others no.

I disagree. FlashPro transformed the civic SI into a real alternative to a RSX, EP3, or Kswapped car. Prior to that, 8thgen owners were left with only bolt ons. Now every aftermarket engine upgrade is available. Furthermore, the owners of 8thgen civics with the R18 begged for FlashPro....and guess what? They got it! Your argument here fails because Hondata legitimized the Si.

I disagree. The GE8 Fit/Jazz is one of the most heavily modified cars in the world...especially in Asian countries. This is because it's cheap, handles well, and is fun to drive. Once the warranties expire and prices fall, more and more enthusiasits will pick up used Fits and start to modify them. This will eventually happen, all I'm asking is for a FlashPro sooner rather than later.

No point in aruging this because neither of us knows the answer.
+1

blackndecker for president

Old 09-29-2011, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by JCrimson
+1

blackndecker for president
id vote for him. but seriously, Hondata are just being buttheads if they dont do this.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member
Is that worth a $250 intake, $300 header, $400 exhaust? To some yes, to others no.
If this is so then I only have $300 left to spend for my header and I'm completely set!

And sure I'll vote for BD!

Old 09-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jamy
If this is so then I only have $300 left to spend for my header and I'm completely set!

And sure I'll vote for BD!
LOL. I'd only run for president for the interns and the parking spot.

Regarding a GE header, LyonKnightRoad was pretty impressed with the WR header. Sure it was only his butt dyno...but I hear his butt dyno is so sensitive he was able to use it to adjust the AFR on his turbo build.

Seriously though, I'd love to see an independent dyno plot of the WR header. Maybe somebody in Cali could call up HondaTuning and use their Fit as a test mule for a "Myth buster" column.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
LOL. I'd only run for president for the interns and the parking spot.

Regarding a GE header, LyonKnightRoad was pretty impressed with the WR header. Sure it was only his butt dyno...but I hear his butt dyno is so sensitive he was able to use it to adjust the AFR on his turbo build.

Seriously though, I'd love to see an independent dyno plot of the WR header. Maybe somebody in Cali could call up HondaTuning and use their Fit as a test mule for a "Myth buster" column.
BAHAHA yeah I think that's the only reason I run too.

Oh I trust Lyon's butt dyne completely! I just have to be able to keep my car street legal which isn't possible if the weapon R deletes the Cat.

Old 09-29-2011, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
whoa yo got me all wrong there buddy dont get all butt hurt im not here to bash on your dreams of making 200 n/a hp.... i too have spent countless hours and money on my da turbo, eg, ek and fa5 so i know how it is to want the best parts in my hands as soon as possible.
so anyways you do confuse me a little are you begging for a "reflash" (send ecu in, get flashed with a basic map, get it back and tear up asphalt) or the "flashpro" (plug in, take it to the dyno, tune to your liking)? 2 way different things buddy!? if fit owners want to step it up then why not ask for the a reflash first? its a good starting point, bolt ons + reflash might be enough for most fit owners. it would at least get the ball rolling and might interest more people to take the ihe more seriously. we should already know that using ""flashpro" gets pretty expensive (flashpro,bolt ons,dyno tunning with a good tuner) and only some want to take that route and make 30+ hp. i was one of the many that already had ihe + flash on the si's k20 making decent power and waiting on hondata to release the "real" version.... worked for me and its only like 300 and youre on your way....

anyways so yea i joined this site in 2006 and been lurking around as ive always liked the fit. i have seen what the fit can do and how it could look.... i know how popular the fit is and i'm not judging it as i grew up with the d series, just going by what i read.... i ended up going with power and bought an fa5. In jan. 2012 i will be shooting for a 12' mt sport and doing a spring drop and 16x7 38 et wheels that i have read about lol i have pretty much traded my power parts money in for kids

Old 09-29-2011, 07:04 PM
5 Year Member
emailed...

Old 09-29-2011, 09:31 PM
I hope I wasn't misunderstood the other day. I truly would like to see a true end-user tunable option for the GEs.

I just think it is exceedingly unlikely. The CR-Z has been "chosen" for support by the powers that be unfortunately. I have other off the record sources that confirm this.

But boy-o-boy would I like to be proven wrong. It would certainly help all those poor souls that I have to walk through their FIC tuning because AEM direct support is.. well non-existant.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:01 PM
5 Year Member
Email sent

Old 09-29-2011, 11:13 PM
whoa you got me all wrong there buddy...

...so anyways you do confuse me a little are you begging for a "reflash" (send ecu in, get flashed with a basic map, get it back and tear up asphalt) or the "flashpro" (plug in, take it to the dyno, tune to your liking)? 2 way different things buddy!?
Buddy!?! LOL There really shouldn't be any confusion...I never once mentioned the word "reflash." The topic of this thread and focus of the conversation has been "FlashPro" buddy!

if fit owners want to step it up then why not ask for the a reflash first?
I know of three separate reflash options available for the Fit right now - JsRacing, Spoon, and a representative from a small company that posted in the ECU subforum.

we should already know that using ""flashpro" gets pretty expensive (flashpro,bolt ons,dyno tunning with a good tuner) and only some want to take that route and make 30+ hp.
I don't think there's any question that Fit owners are willing to drop serious coin on quality parts. The hood on my fit cost as much as a BNIB FlashPro. People have spent over $1000 on the Mugen kit, over $3000 on a JDM conversion, and over $7000 on a K20 swap. While these are rare examples, there are countless members who have high dollar wheel/tire combos and some with multiple sets of wheels. Check out the number of views and replies any time someone starts a new "turbo" or "supercharger" thread in the forced induction subforum. Again, this doesn't begin to include the Fit owners across the globe who have popularized the Fit as a legitimate hot hatch...for some reason you fail (or refuse) to acknowledge this fact.

anyways so yea i joined this site in 2006 and been lurking around as ive always liked the fit. i have seen what the fit can do and how it could look.... i know how popular the fit is and i'm not judging it as i grew up with the d series, just going by what i read.... i ended up going with power and bought an fa5. In jan. 2012 i will be shooting for a 12' mt sport and doing a spring drop and 16x7 38 et wheels that i have read about lol i have pretty much traded my power parts money in for kids
All joking aside...thanks for the alternative viewpoints and glad you posted. If anything, it bumps this thread to the top

Old 09-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
I hope I wasn't misunderstood the other day. I truly would like to see a true end-user tunable option for the GEs.

I just think it is exceedingly unlikely. The CR-Z has been "chosen" for support by the powers that be unfortunately. I have other off the record sources that confirm this.

But boy-o-boy would I like to be proven wrong. It would certainly help all those poor souls that I have to walk through their FIC tuning because AEM direct support is.. well non-existant.
Definitely not. I think I speak for the majority when I say your comments, help, insight, criticism, and sometimes mad genius intuition is always appreciated.

It never ceases to amaze me what a few diehard, collective Fitfreaks are able to accomplish. We've gotten custom products produced that I never would've thought possible

Old 09-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks to all who have emailed and called! Have no doubt that Hondata will acknowledge our collective interest...

Old 10-05-2011, 12:50 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Not to rain on anyones parade, but Hondata will not make a flashpro for the fit. The amount of people purchasing higher-priced go fast parts is very small. The CRZ is actually being bought more by the younger generation, in comparison to the fit. Also The aftermarket in Japan for the CRZ is HUGE. The fit market in the US has been very disappointing to manufacturers (other than look cool parts). And please don't send hondata a email if you will not buy a product IF they make it. False demand is what puts companies out of business.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Not to rain on anyones parade, but Hondata will not make a flashpro for the fit. The amount of people purchasing higher-priced go fast parts is very small.
You're not raining...in fact, your arguments are partly cloudy at best.

The CRZ is actually being bought more by the younger generation, in comparison to the fit.
Do you have any data to back up this claim? Or are you just making stuff up? Seriously, I hardly see any CRZs on the road. The ones I do see are driven by people 40 and over.
Also The aftermarket in Japan for the CRZ is HUGE. The fit market in the US has been very disappointing to manufacturers (other than look cool parts).
I see what you did there. You compared the aftermarket support of the CRZ in Japan to the aftermarket support of the Fit in the US. That is a pointless argument....apples to oranges...and you know it.

How bout comparing the aftermarket support of the CRZ in Japan to the aftermarket support of the Fit in Japan. The Fit dominates in terms of total units sold as well as aftermarket support. You cant argue with the sales numbers...but, arguing aftermarket support is kinda pointless because most suspension and engine bolt ons will work on both cars.

And please don't send hondata a email if you will not buy a product IF they make it. False demand is what puts companies out of business.
I don't think there's anything wrong with showing interest. Swearing you'll buy one is a different matter.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:35 PM
After emailing back and forth - and sending pics of the Fit's engine bay - I just received word from Brian G at Hasport that the CRZ k-series mounts should bolt right up with no modification. There is some consideration of J series mounts as well...and these too will bolt right up.

This is further evidence of how similar the CRZ and Fit really are. This is yet another reason why I think Hondata should consider support for our car...I really wonder how similar the ECU is between these two cars??

Old 10-05-2011, 01:43 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
Do you have any data to back up this claim? Or are you just making stuff up? Seriously, I hardly see any CRZs on the road. The ones I do see are driven by people 40 and over.
Reason you only see old people driving them is because you of where you live. I see 1 old person for every 5 younger people in a CRV here in socal. I see a even mix of younger and older people in the GD and a majority of older people in the GE

I see what you did there. You compared the aftermarket support of the CRZ in Japan to the aftermarket support of the Fit in the US. That is a pointless argument....apples to oranges...and you know it.

How bout comparing the aftermarket support of the CRZ in Japan to the aftermarket support of the Fit in Japan. The Fit dominates in terms of total units sold as well as aftermarket support. You cant argue with the sales numbers...but, arguing aftermarket support is kinda pointless because most suspension and engine bolt ons will work on both cars.
Japan's aftermarket is ours as well. The CRZ is not like the Fit in where our model is different in body modifications as well as engine modifications. CRZ can use probably 90% of japans mods on them. Now if the USDM fit was as close to its JDM counterpart then yes you would see more support for the Fit.

I don't think there's anything wrong with showing interest. Swearing you'll buy one is a different matter.
there isnt anything wrong with showing interest, even if its false but unless its REAL interest from people who want to BUY the product it WONT get made.

Why dont you get a list of people together who want to buy the product and send it to them... it will work better than the emails.

Old 10-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Reason you only see old people driving them is because you of where you live. I see 1 old person for every 5 younger people in a CRV here in socal. I see a even mix of younger and older people in the GD and a majority of older people in the GE
Do you have any data to support your claim about the demographics of CRZ buyers? If not, then /argument

Japan's aftermarket is ours as well. The CRZ is not like the Fit in where our model is different in body modifications as well as engine modifications. CRZ can use probably 90% of japans mods on them. Now if the USDM fit was as close to its JDM counterpart then yes you would see more support for the Fit.
Exactly which engine modifications are you referring to that won't fit? All of the turbo and SC kits will bolt up. There is some controversy regarding the EGR valve, but this could be easily remedied if someone was committed to getting a supercharger. It seems to me the only parts that are different between USDM and JDM are the...

look cool parts

Why dont you get a list of people together who want to buy the product and send it to them... it will work better than the emails.
This thread was intended to serve as a gauge interest thread to see how many names we might be able to get on a list.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What??? Hondata Flashpro....read on