2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

What changes do you want see in future Honda Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 02:57 AM
What changes do you want see in future Honda Fits?

What changes do you want to see in future Honda Fits? I will start off:

- Use a different tire then the Dunlops. There are so many reviews out there which positively state the stock Dunlops are not the best choice of tire. The Dunlops simply do not last that long, they are noisy and do not do so well in the snow/rain. The Dunlops do not seem to handle as well. I would like to see Honda move to the Yokohama Avid.

- Reduce Noise. The noise in my car is not annoying...actually its very sporty in many respects, but still we could use a little bit more refinement especially when there are competing vehicles like the Ford Focus which are moving in the quiet direction. I believe by moving to the Yokohama Avid some of the noise can be eliminated.

- More powerpoints. There is only one powerpoint in my car and two (preferably three) would be a lot nicer.

- Better strategic placement of cupholders/a better center console-armrest. I would like there to be a cup holder right under my right arm along with a decent center console.

- A different brake pad. The brake pads that came stock with my car do not seem to last as long as my last car which was a Toyota. They also seem to create a lot of dust. A different brake pad would be nice.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Cool Well...

The 2012's already have added sound deadening....

Tires can be changed....

Brake Pads can be changed....

I put in the factory center console armrest and don't have any problem with it or the amount/placement of the cupholders...

The thing that annoys me the most after 1 year is the idiot light for low gas. It comes on way too soon for a car this efficient. The light comes on and I panic because I can only travel 45 more miles without putting gas in the car...but if I don't fill up I have to stare at the idiot light and note the mileage when it came on, so I actually don't run out of gas...

Old 09-28-2011, 09:36 AM
5 Year Member
What do I want to see?

Something that doesn't suck. Too bad that won't happen.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mike410b
What do I want to see?

Something that doesn't suck. Too bad that won't happen.
Ever try not being pessimistic? Oh wait, never mind, that wouldn't work..

OP: Most of the stuff you listed is possible for the consumer to easily change. There is at least one thread on adding power ports on here. Brake Pads/Rotors are changeable too and considering you said they didn't last long then just go to the new set when you need them. Same goes for tires. Sound deadening is going to add weight to the vehicle but it can also be done yourself.

Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jamy
Ever try not being pessimistic? Oh wait, never mind, that wouldn't work..

OP: Most of the stuff you listed is possible for the consumer to easily change. There is at least one thread on adding power ports on here. Brake Pads/Rotors are changeable too and considering you said they didn't last long then just go to the new set when you need them. Same goes for tires. Sound deadening is going to add weight to the vehicle but it can also be done yourself.
Look at Honda/Acura's current lineup.

If you can find anything fun in there LMK

Old 09-28-2011, 10:40 AM
5 Year Member
Look at Honda/Acura's current lineup.

If you can find anything fun in there LMK
FUN

Old 09-28-2011, 10:48 AM
It's not a big deal and has been mentioned in other threads before but the headrests need to be moved back a bit.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by SevereService
What changes do you want to see in future Honda Fits? I will start off:

- Use a different tire then the Dunlops. There are so many reviews out there which positively state the stock Dunlops are not the best choice of tire. The Dunlops simply do not last that long, they are noisy and do not do so well in the snow/rain. The Dunlops do not seem to handle as well. I would like to see Honda move to the Yokohama Avid.

- Reduce Noise. The noise in my car is not annoying...actually its very sporty in many respects, but still we could use a little bit more refinement especially when there are competing vehicles like the Ford Focus which are moving in the quiet direction. I believe by moving to the Yokohama Avid some of the noise can be eliminated.

- More powerpoints. There is only one powerpoint in my car and two (preferably three) would be a lot nicer.

- Better strategic placement of cupholders/a better center console-armrest. I would like there to be a cup holder right under my right arm along with a decent center console.

- A different brake pad. The brake pads that came stock with my car do not seem to last as long as my last car which was a Toyota. They also seem to create a lot of dust. A different brake pad would be nice.
How about 6th speed???

Old 09-28-2011, 11:26 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
200hp "sport" version with 6MT and factory lower sportier ride.

Also position the pedals so people with long legs (like me) can drive without feeling like I'm riding my kid's bicycle.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:28 AM
5 Year Member
more cupholders

Old 09-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Warp 12 engines and photon cannons (fore & aft). I'm assuming that a heads-up in-screen display would have to come with these.

If Honda can't do those yet, I'd like them to smooth the ride further, add an extra 12v outlet, and add a USB socket on the top of the dashboard for future after-market GPS units.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:54 AM
he should have specified huh?

Old 09-28-2011, 12:04 PM
5 Year Member
Not fun.

FUN

Old 09-28-2011, 12:12 PM
5 Year Member
factory forced induction (similar to Cruze) would be nice. Best of both worlds: economy and power (at least warp 4.5).

Old 09-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Not fun.

FUN
if i were to get a bike... that would be it. 3-cyl goodness ftw.

Originally Posted by Steve244
factory forced induction (similar to Cruze) would be nice. Best of both worlds: economy and power (at least warp 4.5).
K23a1 out of the RDX is turbo. I dont see why honda doesnt move towards that in the future.

Old 09-28-2011, 12:31 PM
turbo diesel option to compete with TDis. seats for skinnier folks. laser guided cruise control for road trips. better paint. an A-pillar that won't block my view of pedestrians crossing the street.

audi adaptive LED lights.

Audi - LED light Efficiency (part I) - YouTube

Audi - LED light Efficiency (part II) - YouTube

Audi - LED light Efficiency (part III) - YouTube

Old 09-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Longer wheelbase version to include the following...

-slightly wider body to accommodate wider front seats
and better armrest options

-more rearward travel for the front seats

-more powerful engine option for those willing for forgo
the mpg numbers for more zip

-dark tinted privacy glass for the rear glass

Old 09-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm in the market for a 2012 fit but there are couple of things stopping me from pulling the trigger..

I want:
Better MPG (seems like 40mpg EPA is the standard now)
6 speed manual
More power (other cars in this price range seems to be getting 130+ hp with 40mpg)
better interior quality (hard plastics everywhere..)

If the new fit is going to be released soon i wouldnt mind waiting since i am a Honda fan..

Old 09-28-2011, 06:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SSMTEN
he should have specified huh?
Seriously, Have you ever seen someone on a Jetski not smiling?

Not fun.

FUN
Aye, That is fun but it's not a Honda/Acura. Triumph does build some badass bikes though.

Originally Posted by Paul56
dark tinted privacy glass for the rear glass
Go get some 5% tint on it then.

Old 09-28-2011, 06:08 PM
The Fit has better real world mileage than many cars listed at 40mpg highway.

The performance on MT cars is quite good for the type of car it is.
The performance specs pretty much match the Golf Gti mk1, except with modern reliability, safety and economy. Oh and cargo/passenger space.

I just hope they don't fatten up the car to cope with the demand of the people here wanting a more powerful quieter car.

If that's what you want go buy a Corolla/Rio/Cruze.....
Leave the Fit small, lightweight and cheap.

Quick Reply: What changes do you want see in future Honda Fits?