2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Revenge of the squirrels!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Revenge of the squirrels!!

ok so i killed a squirrel (by accident) like a month ago..and i guess they remembered what my car looked like and they decided to eat my bumper..

found this today at work..homeboy was lookin at my car and saw it..i was about to cry..i cant believe out of all the cars in the parking lot at work they decided to chew my shit..why meeeeee

Name:  CIMG2032.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  55.7 KB
Name:  CIMG2033.jpg
Views: 988
Size:  40.7 KB
Name:  CIMG2034.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  46.7 KB

i know its not tht bad but its gona bother me knowing theres a hole in my bumper..my husband says its fixable...but i was plannin on getting the mugen front bumper anyways...just not right now..this is kinda giving me more reason to get it though...ugghhhhh dont know though...DAMN SQUIRRELS!!

and has this happened to anyone on any of their cars?

Old 10-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Hmmm - squirrel stories, wanting a Mugen front bumper, Santa getting ready to grease the runners... them Florida critters must have a taste for plastic.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 PM

I have not seen or heard this happening to anybody, ever.

Probably would cost more to fiberglass, repair, and paint the bumper than it would to just get an already painted Mugen bumper. Most bumper repairs i've had quoted run about $500 (i've never paid, just pocketed the money lol)

I bet you learned your lesson about running squirrels over anyway.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.

I have not seen or heard this happening to anybody, ever.

Probably would cost more to fiberglass, repair, and paint the bumper than it would to just get an already painted Mugen bumper. Most bumper repairs i've had quoted run about $500 (i've never paid, just pocketed the money lol)

I bet you learned your lesson about running squirrels over anyway.
lmao hey! i feelt soooo bad i looked in my rear view mirror and saw him laying on the ground...i guess the squirrel lord is really mad at me

but your saying its probly cheaper to get the mugen bumper?

Last edited by R..F..G; 10-26-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
Hmmm - squirrel stories, wanting a Mugen front bumper, Santa getting ready to grease the runners... them Florida critters must have a taste for plastic.

yeaa ebays got this thing goin on 6 month no interest..i might do that..fuck squirrels and their little hands!!!! (exuse me language)

Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by R..F..G
ok so i killed a squirrel (by accident) like a month ago..and i guess they remembered what my car looked like and they decided to eat my bumper..

found this today at work..homeboy was lookin at my car and saw it..i was about to cry..i cant believe out of all the cars in the parking lot at work they decided to chew my shit..why meeeeee

i know its not tht bad but its gona bother me knowing theres a hole in my bumper..my husband says its fixable...but i was plannin on getting the mugen front bumper anyways...just not right now..this is kinda giving me more reason to get it though...ugghhhhh dont know though...DAMN SQUIRRELS!!

and has this happened to anyone on any of their cars?
Name:  smiliethud.gif
Views: 895
Size:  4.3 KB That is UNREAL!!
My Aunt has a Civic. This past Spring a squirrel built a nest under the hood. It chewed a ton of wires and stuff under the hood, $1,500 worth of damage. She got it fixed and two weeks later, it happened again! She had it towed the second time and there was a nest with a squirrel in it when the techs open the hood. It jumped out at the techs! Another $1,000 bucks.Name:  smiliesad.gif
Views: 898
Size:  6.5 KB The techs told her to put moth balls randomly around the engine and wiring, etc.

I would die if I found that hole!Name:  smiliescared.gif
Views: 909
Size:  3.3 KB
Bless your heart...I feel soooo bad for you!Name:  there.gif
Views: 882
Size:  5.2 KB
Your husband is the laid back kind I guess...LOL.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:13 PM
^^^^ thats what im so afraid of!!! they found my car so now there gna keep coming back and their gona live in there and eat my wires up..and he said it will probly cost like 20$ to get some stuff to fill in the hole..sand it down and get the paint..i dont think sooo lol..but if a animal really wanted to live in my bumper it can go thru the engine way..i jus cant stand that hole!

Last edited by R..F..G; 10-26-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:19 PM
lmao hey! i feelt soooo bad i looked in my rear view mirror and saw him laying on the ground...i guess the squirrel lord is really mad at me

but your saying its probly cheaper to get the mugen bumper?
College Hills Honda has it for $507 shipped to your door. Get a repair quote for your bumper but I think if you want to change it anyway it's not really worth fixing it, you know?

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda-fit-accessories/2009-2012-honda-fit-mugen-accessories.htm

Every bumper repair that required paint has always been quoted to me as $500. You can probably get it done at Maaco or something and it'd be cheaper but you know what that means.

Edit: Unless your husband is an awesome painter or something and can do it for the cost of bondo and paint it'd be cheap.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:27 PM
^^^^ thats what im so afraid of!!! they found my car so now there gna keep coming back and their gona live in there and eat my wires up..and he said it will probly cost like 20$ to get some stuff to fill in the hole..sand it down and get the paint..i dont think sooo lol..but if a animal really wanted to live in my bumper it can go thru the engine way..i jus cant stand that hole!
Try the moth balls, really. It can't hurt!
They have mesh bags at like Michael's (craft store) for treat bags or gift bags for weddings. Put a few moth balls in several bags and stick them into your bumper and other places. They sell moth balls everywhere.Name:  peace.gif
Views: 892
Size:  502 Bytes

Old 10-26-2011, 08:31 PM
sweeet thanks for the website thats a good deal..

and im gona do the moth ball thing till i get it fixed thanks for the input..

sad face is what ill be till i get it fixed

Old 10-27-2011, 09:04 AM
5 Year Member
Ah, shorts and sandals (in the reflection). You may have tough squirrels, but you’ve also got the warm weather. Here in NYC it’s cold and we have to deal with rats. Even if we haven’t done them wrong, they’ll come after the wires and cables under our hoods. One made a meal of the rubber hose that delivers fluid to the windshield spray.

Texas Coyote tipped me off to products such as this:

Animal Repellent-Natural & Insect Repellent-Natural: HOT PEPPER WAX

I’ve sprayed it under the hood and the rats have dined elsewhere since. Perhaps some could be applied to your new/repaired bumper? It’s designed for plants, and so must be gentle on whatever surface it’s applied to.

Old 10-27-2011, 09:47 AM
etf
5 Year Member
I had a problem with squirrels molesting our bird feeders.

This worked for me:
Gamo Big Cat 1200

Old 10-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Woah! Now I am totally worried to park my car on base. Damn squirrels. If it happens to me, we will know that there is a species of squirrel on base the prefers to dine on Hondas than acorns. Crazy. Good luck on getting that Mugen lip.

~Parker

Old 10-27-2011, 10:10 AM
This is starting to sound like a band of special ops rodents infiltrating and setting tiny GPS sensors inside bumpers....

Old 10-27-2011, 10:41 AM
5 Year Member
Wow-this is the craziest thing I have heard of.....Fits as squirrel food!! I suppose I would patch the bumper if you can for $20 just to make sure your car isn't targeted by the squirrels for total demolition. I'd worry they would start on the new bumper,too.
how about throwing some peanuts somewhere else to distract them.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:46 AM
The plastic wiring covering is a soybean based plastic. That is why squirrels chew on them.
Is the bumper made out of a soybean plastic too??

Old 10-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
No its the Kia Soul Hamsters behind this sudden on set of Honda Fit eating rodents! LOL!

Old 10-27-2011, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cat
No its the Kia Soul Hamsters behind this sudden on set of Honda Fit eating rodents! LOL!
too funny
Kia's new marketing strategy- attack the competition with rodents

Old 10-27-2011, 01:34 PM
5 Year Member

WOW! Some left-wing squirrels you have there... Might not even be squirrels. Could be espionage. You must be working on some top secret stuff... Could be these guys trying to infiltrate your defenses : G-Force Official Extended Trailer (HD!) - YouTube

Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
naw, that's not from a squirrel. looking at the biting pattern it's definitely human.

Quick Reply: Revenge of the squirrels!!