2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Coilovers...clicking sound when turning

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 02:31 PM
After Coilovers...clicking sound when turning

I have a 2011 Fit Sport with Apexi coilovers and Civic camber bolts.

A while after putting everything on, I started noticing a very noticeable clicking noise coming from the front driver wheel area, only on right turns. It clicks faster if I'm going faster, and there is no clicking when I'm going in reverse.

Initially, I thought something was rubbing, but I've checked everywhere and nothing is rubbing. I've also retightened everything to make sure nothing was loose.

Has anyone had this issue? I've talked to some people who suspected either the CV boot or the wheel bearing.

Any idea if Honda will cover this under warranty, even though I have coilovers on my car?

Old 11-11-2011, 03:39 PM
I know you said you checked, but are you SURE its not the inner fender?? Because the exact same thing happened to me. It even sounded metallic from inside the cabin and I almost went into panic mode. Upon close inspection, rubbing (cuz im low mane) had torn a sliver of the black inner-liner and it was making a clicking sound against the tire tread..

Old 11-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Yep, it's not the inner fender liner. I've already cut away the parts that rub and I've even taped up the fender liner and drove around and made it rub to see exactly where it's rubbing. The clicking noise is definitely not coming from the liner.

Old 12-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I took it to my mechanic...after inspection, he's convinced it's the wheel bearing on the driver's side. He said maybe these wheel bearings weren't made to take the stress of stiffer suspension/lowered car/camber. Has anyone else had this problem?! I know a bunch of you guys are lower/more cambered than my car.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Did you make sure that the axle didnt pop out when you unbolted the strut? When I was doing mine, it popped out, and i had to put the axle out from the tranny to fix it. That joint will pop out all the way or slightly and when its slight, it looks like its just fine but its not all the way in. Did you tighten the top nut on the strut too tight or too lose? I work at Honda, and I have yet to hear a wheel bearing click, just roar and whine.

Old 12-10-2011, 09:41 AM
I have never heard of a honda wheel bearing clicking. they either roar or whine like Jables said. Axles, however, do make clicking noises which is why i would also suggest checking your cv axle